>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

And congrats to the losers this week - well done. Hoping after the last two weeks of slipping slightly and only just scraping in with a loss that I can sort it out this week. WI is Saturday morning x

vickidyers said:
Hi Roziee, I'm so sorry to hear of your problems losing weight is hard enough, but when you have to fight other battles along side it's really tough.

:grouphugg:

I think I should have lost a lb just for the pain I've been in, but alas... That wasn't the case lol

Aww princess- how long were you working for them for?

Nearly 6 years!!!! I started in Plymouth as a student, then went to London on their Trainee Management Scheme...... nuff said!!!

Just come back from weigh in.... 3.5lbs loss yay!!!! :happy036:

Well done everyone- The Tuesday Crew did good!!!! xxx

Last edited:
If I can hold it together this week (so far so good despite being in manky hotel 125 miles from home) I'm fairly sure I can get 3lbs!! Bring it on!! So many doing so well this week I don't want to let the team down!

just wondering how red faced I will be on Saturday morning now if I don't get it!!

You'll be fab Vicki!!!! How difficult is it to eat well when you are away? Have you got much control??? x

I had to pay the bill very quickly and run out though before they came around with the desert menu!!

Ha ha ha.... brilliant!!!! How's the job bit going???? x

good-ish!!

That's why I've had to dash up here. I started today in Reading (a long way from where I live in Somerset!!) I used to travel a lot for work 10 years ago, but though I wouldn't have to resort to living out of hotels again - but it's a job and it will pay the mortgage!!

Good points: Manky hotel has wifi and a carvery next door - guess I can't complain too much!
I'm a high voltage electrical engineer (design and installation of 400,000 volt networks) so work is hard to find!

Vicki I didn't realise you got the job! Must have missed it.. That's such good news!!!!!!!!

Where abouts in reading are you working?

sorry Roziee - been so busy catching up this eve (as I can't really surf minimins at work now!) I didn't have chance to announce it - I only got told to come up here yesterday!

As for where do I work... errrm I don't know the area yet!! I arrived in the dark, then got lost and drove through Reading in the dark after work. My office is just off J10 of the M4

I can't move here, my OH has job in Somerset and his kids (previous relationship) live in Somerset. So I think I will stay here Monday to Friday.
I had to google to oracle shopping center (still very lost and new here!!) looks good shopping place, if I finish early enough tomorrow I could have a little shopping trip - I need more suits!!

We were thinking of moving to reading (hubby works there now and is commuting 90 mins one way at the min) but the traffic within reading is horrendous too so thinking of moving to Slough which is about 20 mins from reading. You can come over to mine for suppers once we move there hehe x

Hello ladies! Not much time to read through tonight (trying to get to grips with my new iPod lol) but thought I'd pop on and tell you I lost one and a half pounds at weigh in tonight! Whoop! Right, off to bed, nighty night all! X

Well done everyone for todays losses, we're wasting away, lol! :D

Congrats on the job Vicki, not the easiest thing being away from home but at least you got something pretty quick.

WI to fight and first time I've considered not going! Home scales have played games with me all week including last night I've gone from 1 off to 2 on to Sts to a final reading last night of 2 ON!!
I at least want to scoff some yummy food to deserve a gain lol

Oh well - will report in tonight with my results and watch this space for a big loss next week! I'm still on track to be target by Christmas! Woo!

Well done to the losers this week and food luck fur those still to find out

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back