>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hiya. Third weigh in last night and I lost 4.5 lbs taking me to a total of 14 in 3 weeks :)

So happy! I was given slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month plus my 1 stone award. I'm so chuffed! Xx

well done to all the losers!! sounds like a brill night for you lisamarie :)

I've upped the water to 1.5l a day so hoping that helps with a good loss on sat.

Have a nice day all

WI to fight and first time I've considered not going! Home scales have played games with me all week including last night I've gone from 1 off to 2 on to Sts to a final reading last night of 2 ON!!
I at least want to scoff some yummy food to deserve a gain lol

Oh well - will report in tonight with my results and watch this space for a big loss next week! I'm still on track to be target by Christmas! Woo!

Well done to the losers this week and food luck fur those still to find out

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Emmey, you poor thing! Stop scales hopping hun! It'll drive you bonkers!!

Good luck tonight, don't miss it, we'll help you through even if it's a gain xxx

Hiya. Third weigh in last night and I lost 4.5 lbs taking me to a total of 14 in 3 weeks :)

So happy! I was given slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month plus my 1 stone award. I'm so chuffed! Xx

Wow lisa! Congratulations! That's a really great start to the year for you :D

I have just had a sneaky peek at some of the VLC diaries and were shocked to see that many of them are having similar loses to us. I tried one of these for a couple of weeks, I lost just over a stone....but I felt awful!!! I was off work on holiday but had no energy to do anything. There are people here who have lost a stone in three weeks...and have eaten plenty!!! It is really heartening I think....we are learning how to eat sensibly and healthily for life, I know that the losses will slow down but a lb a week is o.k if I can continue to enjoy my life! Some VLC's are only losing a couple a week and look what they are sacrificing!! Each to their own and if it works for them then I'm pleased, but I am so so glad that this plan exists and I'm doing it!! What silly things have you all tried in an attempt to lose it all overnight? Go on let's have a laugh!!.......Cabbage diet anyone?......family were very glad to see the end of that one!!
Good luck all Wednesday weighers...we have a difficult act to live up too, those Tuesday girls done good!!!
Big love xxxxx

While at WI last night, they announced the SOTW and the SOTM, and they were both the same guy. He's done tremendously well, losing 17lb in 3 weeks... but.... when the C asked him how he was finding the plan, he replied that he hadn't even opened his book. He doesn't follow the plan, and instead has just cut out junk food and increased his exercise.
Am I wrong to feel a bit annoyed at this? I mean, in all fairness...why did he join SW if he doesn't want to follow the plan? When they C asked him if he used his syns, he replied "Ah I'd say so. I do have gravy and sauces and stuff..."

There's all of us, furiously writing down every morsel that passes our lips, keeping track of syns and hoping and praying for a good result.. when in waltzes this guy who doesn't even follow the plan and it's all plain sailing!

She even asked him if he makes sure he has 1/3 superfree with his meals, and he said he wasn't a fan of fruit or veg, but he'd cut his portions.

Hmmm

I have just had a sneaky peek at some of the VLC diaries and were shocked to see that many of them are having similar loses to us. I tried one of these for a couple of weeks, I lost just over a stone....but I felt awful!!! I was off work on holiday but had no energy to do anything. There are people here who have lost a stone in three weeks...and have eaten plenty!!! It is really heartening I think....we are learning how to eat sensibly and healthily for life, I know that the losses will slow down but a lb a week is o.k if I can continue to enjoy my life! Some VLC's are only losing a couple a week and look what they are sacrificing!! Each to their own and if it works for them then I'm pleased, but I am so so glad that this plan exists and I'm doing it!! What silly things have you all tried in an attempt to lose it all overnight? Go on let's have a laugh!!.......Cabbage diet anyone?......family were very glad to see the end of that one!!
Good luck all Wednesday weighers...we have a difficult act to live up too, those Tuesday girls done good!!!
Big love xxxxx

When I was like 19/20 I went on the liquid diet, of the alcoholic sort lol... obviously that wasn't healthy!

When I was about 22 I tried Lipotrim, total food replacement. OMFG it was horrrrrrrible!!! I lasted 2 weeks. The headaches, the chills, the absolute ache in my jaws to sink my teeth into something, the awful, awful flavours, and again...the cold!!! At the end of 2 weeks I gave in, rang my local Abrakebabra, and ordered one of everything on the menu. I made myself sick with food...but it was soooo gooood to eat!!

peacedove said:
Big love xxxxx

I wouldn't say this anywhere else but I do think.. Why would anyone do anything other than sw because everything else just seems silly! Lol I could never do VLC diets... Gosh I was feeling horribly sick when not eating a lot a few days ago...imagine if I did that for a few days continuously.. I'd be in a gurney!

I tried the Atkins diet a long time ago and lost 9lbs in my first week- but because so constipated I stopped.
I think it was the lipotrim I tried like Mandy.. It was a total meal replacement diet and I was I'll by the 3rd day.. No thank thank you!
There's a 3 days diet that a herbalist gave to my family which does work.. You eat lots but it's not very nice what you do eat..I it's more of a detox than anything but you do lose weight every time you do it. Wouldn't do it though. Bleurgh.

xMandyDx said:
While at WI last night, they announced the SOTW and the SOTM, and they were both the same guy. He's done tremendously well, losing 17lb in 3 weeks... but.... when the C asked him how he was finding the plan, he replied that he hadn't even opened his book. He doesn't follow the plan, and instead has just cut out junk food and increased his exercise.
Am I wrong to feel a bit annoyed at this? I mean, in all fairness...why did he join SW if he doesn't want to follow the plan? When they C asked him if he used his syns, he replied "Ah I'd say so. I do have gravy and sauces and stuff..."

There's all of us, furiously writing down every morsel that passes our lips, keeping track of syns and hoping and praying for a good result.. when in waltzes this guy who doesn't even follow the plan and it's all plain sailing!

She even asked him if he makes sure he has 1/3 superfree with his meals, and he said he wasn't a fan of fruit or veg, but he'd cut his portions.

Hmmm

I'd be pissed off. Good on him in losing the weight buts its unfair on you guys who are following plan and aren't getting rewarded for it. It's like someone Saying they'll take part in a marathon and they take a cab to the finishing line and get first prize!

If what he's doing works for him, great.. But it's not sw and not fair on you guys.

I'm so glad you agree with me Roziee! I felt very guilty for being a bit mad about it! lol

I wouldn't feel guilty.. A bit unfair to be in a sw group if ur not following the plan :S he obviously enjoys the atmosphere of group...

Mandy, I would have been really peed off if someone was so blatently not following the diet yet being given these awards. He's not even remotely following it!

I know, I know i shouldnt scale hop but i'm showing a gain this week :confused:. I have been really on track and even check my cals a couple of days a week to make sure all is ok. I am due star week so I am pretty sure thats what it is but it's so frustrating. I seem to randomly lose, there is no regularity to it except I seem to have a small loss followed by a big one the following week. Does anyone else find that and then no loss on star week?

I know I have to look at the whol months loss but I am giving it 1000 % and feel frustrated when others at group describe eating or drinking way over and still losing! It's not as if i'm a bloody twig either I'm 19 stone!!!!

I would be mad too! Perhaps he just finds it motivating to come to group and be weighed every week? It's a bit odd to sit there and shrug it off though, you'd think he'd at least pretend to have followed the plan!

I STS today and I'm gutted because I've followed the plan 100%. But I do feel healthier so I'm just going to see it as a blip and hopefully see a good loss next week.

I can't move here, my OH has job in Somerset and his kids (previous relationship) live in Somerset. So I think I will stay here Monday to Friday.
I had to google to oracle shopping center (still very lost and new here!!) looks good shopping place, if I finish early enough tomorrow I could have a little shopping trip - I need more suits!!

Vickidyers I live in Reading if you ever fancy a coffee after work or need some tips about whats around?

Lucia Lucia said:
Mandy, I would have been really peed off if someone was so blatently not following the diet yet being given these awards. He's not even remotely following it!

I know, I know i shouldnt scale hop but i'm showing a gain this week :confused:. I have been really on track and even check my cals a couple of days a week to make sure all is ok. I am due star week so I am pretty sure thats what it is but it's so frustrating. I seem to randomly lose, there is no regularity to it except I seem to have a small loss followed by a big one the following week. Does anyone else find that and then no loss on star week?

I know I have to look at the whol months loss but I am giving it 1000 % and feel frustrated when others at group describe eating or drinking way over and still losing! It's not as if i'm a bloody twig either I'm 19 stone!!!!

I know the feeling Lucia.. Do you gain when ur menstruating? If so, then it'll come off once you're off it... But it is so ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!! When you've been so good and it doesn't show in the scales...

Moonstruck_Morning said:
I would be mad too! Perhaps he just finds it motivating to come to group and be weighed every week? It's a bit odd to sit there and shrug it off though, you'd think he'd at least pretend to have followed the plan!

I STS today and I'm gutted because I've followed the plan 100%. But I do feel healthier so I'm just going to see it as a blip and hopefully see a good loss next week.

Moonstruck_Morning said:
Vickidyers I live in Reading if you ever fancy a coffee after work or need some tips about whats around?

Sorry about the STS :( so frustrating when you've been so good and the scales aren't kind to you.. You will see a fantastic loss next week for sure x

Ooo another one in reading:) x

My Ex and ex-inlaws are from Reading. I wonder if I Vicki would 'pop them off' as she's passing one day?! Once she's found her way around that is :D:8855:

Hmmm

I would have been pissed off too! Infact, I probably would have open my gob and said something :eek: then I would have tripped him up on the way out and stripped him of his awards! :8855:

The cheek of the man actually admitting it!

It's so wrong

Some fab losses on here this week ladies :D Congrats to everyone! :)

It seems the number 3 is very popular here this week. The 3lb brigade! lol

Well, there's another 3lb loser here ladies :D

Rozie will you please update my stats. 15lb lost in total :)

Thanks xx

Well done everyone, and for those still to WI, hope all goes well :D

welldone corkscrew and everybody else on your fab losses, i really feel this group is helping me stay focused much more than i ever have felt before, so thank you everyone your all superstars xxx

Back