>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Well dome corkscrew!!!!

I'm gonna share what u wrote in my diary yesterday..

Roziee said:
I've decided not to go to group anymore.

1) I've not had a good impression from my very first class. There is no image therapy.
2) I don't gain anything from it.
3) It's long, boring and not inspiring and after a long day at work? No thank you.
4) Its in the evening and I hate waiting to WI all day.
5) There is a guy there who really wears inappropriate trousers. He wears cycling pants and his manhood is hanging for everyone to see. It is so obvious I couldn't believe it the first week I went. There's a 14 year old girl who attends now. So shocked that no one has said something to him earlier :eek:
6) I don't like the area of WI. It's not private at all.

Granted I could talk to C about some of the stuff but the big thing is lack of image therapy. I'm switching to Monday morning WIs like I used to. I've paid for a 12 week countdown but I would have paid that for the online service so it doesnt make a difference.

While at WI last night, they announced the SOTW and the SOTM, and they were both the same guy. He's done tremendously well, losing 17lb in 3 weeks... but.... when the C asked him how he was finding the plan, he replied that he hadn't even opened his book. He doesn't follow the plan, and instead has just cut out junk food and increased his exercise.
Am I wrong to feel a bit annoyed at this? I mean, in all fairness...why did he join SW if he doesn't want to follow the plan? When they C asked him if he used his syns, he replied "Ah I'd say so. I do have gravy and sauces and stuff..."

There's all of us, furiously writing down every morsel that passes our lips, keeping track of syns and hoping and praying for a good result.. when in waltzes this guy who doesn't even follow the plan and it's all plain sailing!

She even asked him if he makes sure he has 1/3 superfree with his meals, and he said he wasn't a fan of fruit or veg, but he'd cut his portions.

Hmmm

I'd have been peed off too - I mean fair play he's lost weight but all he's doing is a sensible eating regime not a specific diet, so surely he's paying his weekly fees for nothing??? Wonder if he got referred by his gp for free? Can't believe he admitted it as well, tbh I think I would have lied if i'd have been in his shoes and just said oh yes loads of sf foods or whatever!! lol!

On that note kind of annoyed that the SW website doesn't appear to have updated the newcomer slimmer of the week award for a good few weeks, theres the ordinary slimmer of the week and the obvious slimmer of the month but they also do the slimmer of the week for new subscribers and its not been updated for a few weeks now.

I'm in work at the minute and I've been in training for the first 2 days of this week, today is my first day back on calls and I have to be honest I'm bricking it!! haha! No idea what I'm doing till the calls come in so just gotta go with the flow lol

welldone corkscrew and everybody else on your fab losses, i really feel this group is helping me stay focused much more than i ever have felt before, so thank you everyone your all superstars xxx

Its all part of the service Marm :D lol

Seriously though, this forum (this fred in particular) is great!

I won't be going to group as of next week because it's changed days/time and I'll be at work. I'm not bothered though because my group sounded just about as good as Rozies group! lol

I will be depending on you lovely lot. You will be my group :eek: lol The job doesn't come with a salary though I'm afraid :(:8855:

I'm in work at the minute and I've been in training for the first 2 days of this week, today is my first day back on calls and I have to be honest I'm bricking it!! haha! No idea what I'm doing till the calls come in so just gotta go with the flow lol

Good luck Dory, not that you'll need it! You'll be fine :)

Originally Posted by Roziee
I've decided not to go to group anymore.

1) I've not had a good impression from my very first class. There is no image therapy.
2) I don't gain anything from it.
3) It's long, boring and not inspiring and after a long day at work? No thank you.
4) Its in the evening and I hate waiting to WI all day.
5) There is a guy there who really wears inappropriate trousers. He wears cycling pants and his manhood is hanging for everyone to see. It is so obvious I couldn't believe it the first week I went. There's a 14 year old girl who attends now. So shocked that no one has said something to him earlier :eek:

OMG!! :8855: Nothing that interesting ever happened at my group! lol That poor 14 year old girl though. Someone really should say something to him.

6) I don't like the area of WI. It's not private at all.

Granted I could talk to C about some of the stuff but the big thing is lack of image therapy. I'm switching to Monday morning WIs like I used to. I've paid for a 12 week countdown but I would have paid that for the online service so it doesnt make a difference.

Rozie, I can totally see why you would stop going to group. Your group sounds as inspiring as mine, and with the exception of 'flasher man', just as flipping boring! Honestly, hand on heart, I get more inspiration and encouragement on this thread from you guys. Thank you all xx

Oh and I've got a new shiny! :giggle:

I'll stop bragging now :eek:

Brag away - you've earned it!!
Well done on all the great losses ladies.

5) There is a guy there who really wears inappropriate trousers. He wears cycling pants and his manhood is hanging for everyone to see. It is so obvious I couldn't believe it the first week I went. There's a 14 year old girl who attends now. So shocked that no one has said something to him earlier

Roziee thats hilarious! :eek: Did you have a raffle at your group? Could be an opportunity to engineer for him to win some proper undies! :p

I would have had said something yesterday an he was in his cycling pants.. I mean he's an oldie too... Yuck. Made me sick the first time.

Aww thats brilliant corkscrew :) you're on a roll!!!!

I just had such a yummy lunch and will definitely be making more of this for my lunches at work. I know the picture doesn't look appetising but trust me.. It was yum!

I made up a packet of bachelors savoury rice, sauteeds some red onion and mushrooms, boiled an egg and cooked some smoked salmon and mixed it all up.. Delicious, so filling and syn free!!!!

Attachments

• image-1537832383.jpg
    image-1537832383.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 28
Im not going to a club this time, i have always done so before, i personally cant be doing with the "lets all clap you cause you put on 4lb this week even though everyone else has done better than you" or the fact that my consultant was getting bigger and bigger every week !!! Iv got every book from 1999! Loads of magazines and you lovely ladies on here :) xx

Thinking of having a chicken bacon pasta bake today for tea any ideas on syn free sauce? Xx

Moonstruck_Morning said:
Brag away - you've earned it!!
Well done on all the great losses ladies.

Roziee thats hilarious! :eek: Did you have a raffle at your group? Could be an opportunity to engineer for him to win some proper undies! :p

Yeah we did haha... That made me laugh! Hahaha

paulabeard said:
Im not going to a club this time, i have always done so before, i personally cant be doing with the "lets all clap you cause you put on 4lb this week even though everyone else has done better than you" or the fact that my consultant was getting bigger and bigger every week !!! Iv got every book from 1999! Loads of magazines and you lovely ladies on here :) xx

paulabeard said:
Thinking of having a chicken bacon pasta bake today for tea any ideas on syn free sauce? Xx

Oh dear. That group doesn't sound very good either!

Quark, eggs and some cheese is you have your hex a allowance? With some herbs maybe..

feel like I'm owning up here and very shy about admitting this... but errhumm... cough... *stands up proudly*

My name is Vicki and I don't go to group..

there... I feel better now and not ashamed anymore!! I lost 7 stone with SW and going to group, then spent 9 years putting it back on again. I started with the SW plan again at the end of July 2011 - 6 months later I am over 4 and half stone lighter. Even though I had a very large 10lb 'blip' over xmas!!

I didn't want to go to group this time as the happy clappy thing isn't me, I don't like people talking over each other and all the other things that have been mentioned. I had an online membership to help with syn values at first - but now going it completly alone with my books.

It's not easy on your own as you have to be tough on yourself and I would recommend weighing-in in front of someone (a nurse friend in my case), because I find thats really what keeps me on the straight and norrow. And of course you don't have the support of group reciepes and ideas.

Ooopps - better do some work now - new manager looking over...!

vickidyers said:
feel like I'm owning up here and very shy about admitting this... but errhumm... cough... *stands up proundly*

My name is Vicki and I don't go to group..

there... I feel better now and not ashamed anymore!! I lost 7 stone, then spent 9 years putting it back on again. I started with the SW plan again at the end of July 2011 - 6 months later I am over 4 and half stone lighter. Even though I had a very large 10lb 'blip' over xmas!!

I didn't want to go to group this time as the happy clappy thing isn't me, I don't like people talking over each other and all the other things that have been mentioned. I had an online membership to help with syn values at first - but now going it completly alone with my books.

It's not easy on your own as you have to be tough on yourself and I would recommend weighing-in in front of someone (a nurse friend in my case), because I find thats really what keeps me on the straight and norrow. And of course you don't have the support of group reciepes and ideas.

Ooopps - better do some work now - new manager looking over...!

**Slimming World Anonymous Stylee** Hiiiiii Vicki :giggle:

I am feeling the same about group, I have a new consultant who is only just finding her feet I know so feel mean moaning but not as charasmatic as my last consultant who was good fun...but like paulabeard's ladie was putting on weight weekly although had lost four and a half stone with SW before she became a consultant. My new consultant has only lost a stone and a half over a year and has become a consultant. I know it shouldn't really be an issue but you want some one who has been through it and can empathise....kind of get the feeling she's in it for the money........group isn't very exciting, some real odd bods, lot's with the IQ of a small salad onion which make for some real cringe worthy conversations. I have definately had better and more trustworthy advice from you guys!!......oh god do I sound like a stuck up cow bag. That said I will still go because I need the weekly weigh in routine to stop me driving myself loopy on and off a set of scales at home (I have binned em!!) Every time you go to the loo...on you get again!...know how much a tinkle weighs though!
Can you tell I'm trying to post more often....want to be able to have all the lovely wizzy bang stuff you guys have and see my profile!!

I must admit I love my group and i have never been to a group for anything before - knowing I'm going to be clapped and awarded for losing (I love attention lol) but also the shame of gaining is what I need - not that they ever say how much you gain but rather than say 'so and so is 1lb lighter this week' they say 'so and so is 2stone lighter iverall' so people know you gained just not how much lol but I need to feel a bit shamed sometimes and as I'm quite an attention seeking show off - I like to win lol

My C makes it what it is though - she's been through it losing 6stone and going back trough it after having a baby so she knows our pain - Shes energetic and funny and I get faults texts or emails with inspirational quotes and recipes etc - she recently gave up her job to be a C full time and she's genuinely over the moon when you lose weight so she makes a big difference to me

Having said that i do agree you can't follow a leader that isn't setting a good example, nor could I sit there and watch the bulge of someone's manhood!!! Haha yuck!!

WI in an hour and I'm bracing myself for an undeserved gain! Pah! Who cares, one small gain when I'm gonna be 6 st lighter this year - thanks to everyone in this group :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening all!
Weigh in for me this morning, 3.5 off, a new sticky, slimmer of the week and also in a new stone zone!!!!!

pinkelle said:
Evening all!
Weigh in for me this morning, 3.5 off, a new sticky, slimmer of the week and also in a new stone zone!!!!!

Great results! Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey your C sounds really nice :) just the type of person you want your group to be in charge of.

Well done pinkelle.. Xx

Back