>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

vickidyers said:
True - it's a business and they are selling a good product and it works - I guess thats why it's very successful. I didn't accept the job as I couldn't designate the time to it - 'training' is very limited - you get a basic course in nutrition. I also wondered whether I am the right sort of person.. I'm not the softly softly type (as my last daft post shows) - if I ran a class I might have half the group in tears :eek:

Thats a real shame. You would have thought that sw would invest in proper training..

vickidyers said:
congrats on your loss miss clumsy - I forget occasionally that this thread is about weight loss!

My apologies for being a chatterbox, I'm stuck in a telephonebox - sized hotel room with just a laptop for company. I'll try and shut up now (for a tiny while!!!)

Be as much as a chatterbox as you like... Lol xx

Yvonne31 said:
Just read back over the past two days, and do you guys crack me up. I've just stopped laughing.
Another 2lbs off for me, Roziee, could you please change the list for me. xx

Hello darling, how are you?
I'll update your stats right now.. Well done ma lobe xx

SarahCroz said:
Was going to say exactly the same things but while I was looking for the right smiley you beat me to it!! Good luck for next week AbigailsMummy, you can do it!

Loving the banter tonight ladies... if only SW meetings were like this I might go again. It's a shame they haven't changed the format over the years. I suppose it depends so much on the Consultant. I do think that it helps to have support from people who have a similar amount of weight to lose tho. I'm not sure someone who only has a stone to lose could relate to getting their arse stuck in a plastic chair!!:8855::8855:

You are SOO right Sarah..I don't like reading the stories in the mags of people that have lost 1-2 stones.. I think.. What? I want the 30 stone losers dammit? Hahaha

Roziee you def run the best SW group here ever!

I get heaps more from this thread than my group session!!!

congrats on your loss miss clumsy - I forget occasionally that this thread is about weight loss!

My apologies for being a chatterbox, I'm stuck in a telephonebox - sized hotel room with just a laptop for company. I'll try and shut up now (for a tiny while!!!)

No no no - don't shut up!! Love reading all the stuff you guys write about!! I just can't keep up lol!! :D xxx

Lucia Lucia said:
Roziee you def run the best SW group here ever!

I get heaps more from this thread than my group session!!!

Bless you.. Once we have lost our 6 stones we'll have a big get together.. I'll arrange a circle of chairs and we can all have chin wag and pretend its group.. hehehe x

the other reason I don't go to group is because I was offered the job as a consultant.
The first time round I found it worked for me and the simple truth is slimming world is a great plan that fits well into my life and most importantly it works... but...
Just like any other health/beauty/diet it's all about the money. You get told as a consultant how to set your room up, how to get helpers to do your job for you whilst you try to get the new members in, how to flog the SW products and how to get the most cash from it.
I guess I was being niave really as I just wanted to help people lose weight with a plan that I belived in (with a bit of extra cash) - but it was so money orientated and I turned it down and quit class - kinda cutting off my nose to spite my face as I gradually over the years put it all back on!!!

Nope, it's normal! Unfortunately my daily work is run the same way..... I LOVE helping my clients, but at the end of the day, it's a business that needs to be profitable in order to function, invest & improve!

Flipping heck Rozie, I nearly had to put a days holiday in to read all that! lol Just joking :D

My reasons....
I want to wear exactly what I want, and not what I feel my size dictates (if you get me?)

I want to be able to go into any shop and buy clothes.

I want to be fitter.

I want to be comfy in my own skin and feel good about how I look.

Can't think of anything else atm :D

Corkscrew said:
Flipping heck Rozie, I nearly had to put a days holiday in to read all that! lol Just joking :D

My reasons....
I want to wear exactly what I want, and not what I feel my size dictates (if you get me?)

I want to be able to go into any shop and buy clothes.

I want to be fitter.

I want to be comfy in my own skin and feel good about how I look.

Can't think of anything else atm :D

Oi you cheeky mare! Hahaha *blushes* sorry! Haha

Just read back over the past two days, and do you guys crack me up. I've just stopped laughing.
Another 2lbs off for me, Roziee, could you please change the list for me. xx

WooHoo! Well done Yvonne :clap::clap::clap: (OMG I can't stop clapping :eek: lol)

You are SOO right Sarah..I don't like reading the stories in the mags of people that have lost 1-2 stones.. I think.. What? I want the 30 stone losers dammit? Hahaha

Oh I'm like that with the magazine too! I have a quick flick through to find them before reading any of the recipies! lol

Roziee, you have a very intresting story.

I lost just over six stones once to have IVF in 2000. I was really focussed but had to get my bmi down to start it. It was really strange I wanted it so badly and I lost every pound I had to and we went in for our consultation to start it. I sat there and realised I didnt want this IVF thing and I remember walking out of the clinic and my hubby squeezed my hand and I thought, how am I going to tell you this?.......

It's funny because I had put my heart and soul into achieving the weightloss so I could have it and dieted for EVER and damn well then realised actually, it wasnt what I wanted.

Isnt life funny. We did have children but not in the way i would have ever imagined. We adopted three children and life has been an amazing journey that I would never have swapped for the world. I shudder when I think that I may have gone ahead with that IVF and never been my children's Mummy!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is i'm doing it for me but also for them really, I want to live to see them grow up and see their life unfold. I was killing myself with food, strangely, it's food that is our cure too.

So thats why i'm here!

Lucia Lucia said:
Roziee, you have a very intresting story.

I lost just over six stones once to have IVF in 2000. I was really focussed but had to get my bmi down to start it. It was really strange I wanted it so badly and I lost every pound I had to and we went in for our consultation to start it. I sat there and realised I didnt want this IVF thing and I remember walking out of the clinic and my hubby squeezed my hand and I thought, how am I going to tell you this?.......

It's funny because I had put my heart and soul into achieving the weightloss so I could have it and dieted for EVER and damn well then realised actually, it wasnt what I wanted.

Isnt life funny. We did have children but not in the way i would have ever imagined. We adopted three children and life has been an amazing journey that I would never have swapped for the world. I shudder when I think that I may have gone ahead with that IVF and never been my children's Mummy!

Anyway, what I am trying to say is i'm doing it for me but also for them really, I want to live to see them grow up and see their life unfold. I was killing myself with food, strangely, it's food that is our cure too.

So thats why i'm here!

Life is very funny.. Your children will love you even more because they will be able to do things with you that may not have been possible being bigger.

I love your second to last sentence...

"I was killing myself with food. Strangely, it's food that is our cure too."

Love it, love it, love it.

My mum passed away in December at 67. Morbid Obesity was a contributing factor. I don't want that on my death certificate. Losing weight will mean I won't. FACT

I am currently on 39 tablets a day. I have high BP. High cholesterol. ME/ CFS/ Fibromyalgia. Underactive thyroid. Calcium deficiency. Losing weight will help reduce my meds. FACT

I want to be very successful & earn lots of money!!!! Losing weight will give me more energy. FACT

I want to buy cheap stuff in the sales. NOT in Evans!!! Only the small sizes are ever left coz most of us are a 16-20. FACT

My DH has lost almost 4 stone since September. If I didn't start to lose some weight he would have been weighing less than me very shortly but he is 6'1". FACT

Most importantly..... I want it for ME!!! I have cared so much about everyone else for the past 40 years, it's time to focus on the most important person. FACT!!!!

vickidyers said:
my story is posted on page 2:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/227166-ready-throw-towel-need-moan-2.html
I don't mention the bit about the plastic chair getting wedged on my arse though (it was at a mates BBQ) or the time it took 6 paramedics to pick up the stretcher I was on to shove me in the back of an air ambulance

Thanks for putting up with my :blahblah:!!

You've done it once, you will do it again vicki xx
Do you still have the features from the magazine? I'd love to read it.. Xx

Oh I'm like that with the magazine too! I have a quick flick through to find them before reading any of the recipies! lol

There are recipies in the mag????!!!! I just want the successes!!!! :D

urbanprincess said:
My mum passed away in December at 67. Morbid Obesity was a contributing factor. I don't want that on my death certificate. Losing weight will mean I won't. FACT

I am currently on 39 tablets a day. I have high BP. High cholesterol. ME/ CFS/ Fibromyalgia. Underactive thyroid. Calcium deficiency. Losing weight will help reduce my meds. FACT

I want to be very successful & earn lots of money!!!! Losing weight will give me more energy. FACT

I want to buy cheap stuff in the sales. NOT in Evans!!! Only the small sizes are ever left coz most of us are a 16-20. FACT

My DH has lost almost 4 stone since September. If I didn't start to lose some weight he would have been weighing less than me very shortly but he is 6'1". FACT

Most importantly..... I want it for ME!!! I have cared so much about everyone else for the past 40 years, it's time to focus on the most important person. FACT!!!!

Awww princess ((hugs)) love your FACTS! Hehe I hate Evans.. I will burn my Evans clothes when I'm slim lol

I hope that the weight loss decreases the number of tablets very soon for you Hun.. X

I intend to burn Evans... not just the clothes :mad::mad::mad:

Why do Evans think that if you are a plus size that you want sleeveless tops!!? Maybe I'm the only chunky lady that doesn't enjoy showing her bat wings off !!??

Why do Evans think that if you are a plus size you must have NO fashion sense

Why do Evans assume if you are a plus size that you must be 'regular height'

Now look.... you've started a rant!!!

I'll get back in my box now... or pop outside the hotel for a ciggy - I'm on the 3rd floor so the exercise will do me good!!

Last edited:
Back