>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Vent away hun!! x

Yes, nail on the head Peacedove. The thing is lots of us have lost a bit of weight in the past and then fell off the wagon and regained it. It's about making strategies to manage our weight long term.

I had my first "fall off the wagon big time" since August and i'm facing my first real gain. The difference this time is I havent thrown it all away and just kept eating, i've looked ahead and just taken control with my eating again. This is a real key thing for me and lots of you I suspect.

I have found the programme "obese, a year to save my life" very inspiring, Jessie, ( isnt he just lovely) says, "just give me a year of commitment 365 days". I keep saying that in my head.Since Aug, i've lost almost 5 stones and by August, I will have given a year of my life to this and I probably will have saved my own life. I was over 24 st to begin with. But there is no end is there, it is our new life x

Be proud of yourselves, girls!

Dory, go for it! Vent away :D It's good to get it out.......that's what we're all here for - to listen, support and encourage each other xx

You guys are awesome xxx

I'm just watching a show from,last night I think called confessions of a nurse and there's an overweight woman with loads of bed sores and ulcers, its really upsetting to think that could be me in 20 years time or so if I don't lose the weight.

Tbh although I've kinda signed up to lose 6 stone this year I just want to get to 3 - I think I have a bit of a mental barrier when I get to 2.5 so I just wanna get to 3 and I really believe I can go all the way, I've just never got beyond 2.5 and I've lost the same weight so many times its not funny anymore.

You guys are awesome xxx

I'm just watching a show from,last night I think called confessions of a nurse and there's an overweight woman with loads of bed sores and ulcers, its really upsetting to think that could be me in 20 years time or so if I don't lose the weight.

Tbh although I've kinda signed up to lose 6 stone this year I just want to get to 3 - I think I have a bit of a mental barrier when I get to 2.5 so I just wanna get to 3 and I really believe I can go all the way, I've just never got beyond 2.5 and I've lost the same weight so many times its not funny anymore.

Hi dory it's quite scary I work with adults and older people in my job and I quickly noticed the ones who got past 80 and 90 weren't big, the younger people who were big their quality of life is not good and that was something that spurred me on to lose the weight, my knees are already hurting because of my weight, I don't want to end up on a pressure mattress for my bed and in a wheelchair which will be the outcome unless I lose it.

So we are all doing well and every pound we lose is less strain on our bodies so we are all doing really well.

Dory I know exactly what you mean! I'm the same, but mine's 4 stone. But I'm determined to get past it this time. And once I've lost 4 stone 1lb (lol) I will have lost more than ever before and the whole '6 stone this year' thing will be within sight and reach :D It will for you too xx We will all help you get past your 2.5 stone, but you have to get me past my 4! lol Take it in 7lb chunks. Hit one, and then tackle the next one chick. Before you know it you will be past that pesky 2.5! xxx

You can do it Dory! We can do it! We WILL do it! :girlpower: lol

Corkscrew you're on! I'll help u get to 4st 1lb (and more) if you help me get to 3st! I just had a pasta n sauce for lunch - one of the syn free ones - with a side of sf veggies plus a cpl of mini babybel lights for my calcium. Not got much sf left for tomorrow but I've promised my daughter a subway for tea so I'll have one of their salad bowls to make up for it.

Wht thank you Corky.....years of over wine wisdom....and advice is what I do for a job.....do all of the pastoral care in the performing arts department of a college.....every year I deal with another batch of dance students with eating disorders....just need to heed my own advice aye!!!....nice to feel appreciated though..cheers love xx

Corkscrew you're on! I'll help u get to 4st 1lb (and more) if you help me get to 3st! I just had a pasta n sauce for lunch - one of the syn free ones - with a side of sf veggies plus a cpl of mini babybel lights for my calcium. Not got much sf left for tomorrow but I've promised my daughter a subway for tea so I'll have one of their salad bowls to make up for it.

*shakes Dorys hand* It's deal then! lol I honestly believe we can do it. Really really I do :D lol

Hi I just saw this thread and popped in to cheer you on. I lost 6stone in 2011 and it was at 1.6lb a week average. You can all do it.x

Wht thank you Corky.....years of over wine wisdom....and advice is what I do for a job.....do all of the pastoral care in the performing arts department of a college.....every year I deal with another batch of dance students with eating disorders....just need to heed my own advice aye!!!....nice to feel appreciated though..cheers love xx

Over wine wisdom! lol I like that :D Funny cos I've just been having the 'weekend wine ration' discussion with my work colleague.......I've decided to only have one bottle with weekend (24 syns) but in all honesty, it's more likely to be 2 :eek: LOL Still 48 syns out of 105 is well worth it I think .......well for me it is :D I don't use many the rest of the week, so it's within my allowance.

Oh listen to me. getting all excited about wine! lol

Fab job peacedove. Must be very rewarding :) Can I be one of your 'pupils'? :D I know that's the wrong word, but I'm not taking up dancing to get to you! LOLOLOL

Hi I just saw this thread and popped in to cheer you on. I lost 6stone in 2011 and it was at 1.6lb a week average. You can all do it.x

Thanks for popping in :D

Well done on your fantastic weight loss. xxx

Hey Roziee,

I've actually lost 8 and a half pound in total! Could you update me please?
I'm loving all the support on here, everything gives me so much confidence I will do this!

2012 is going to be the year we lose 6 stones!

Join this thread if you have 6 stones to lose and this will be our place to encourage, support and achieve our goal for this year. I need as much help as the next gal and I know with your support we can do this.

Lily and Jane and I are the founding members :D

We will split this into mini goals, but ultimately keep the 6 stones mark as the bigger picture in our minds.

I was thinking of having 2 challenges for the week: doesn't have to be big challenges, just something to keep in mind every day so it's something to focus on.. One exercise related and one food related.

Personally, the exercise challenge may be different to lily's and jane's because I know they're both exercise freaks lol and do a bazillions hours of exercise a day...and I am in no fit to do an hours worth of exercise a day after work, never mind more!

But the food one should apply to everyone :)

Let's start this from tomorrow and set ourselves some challenges for the week?

Edit: The list is wonderfully long with new members joining everyday so I have added everyone's name on this list and from now on could you please pm with your losses and I will update it for you so no one loses their weight losses and it is easy to see everyone's losses :) please PM me if I have not added you on and/or your weight loss is x

In order for us to lose 84 lbs this year we need to be losing 7lbs a month.. How achievable is that?! It comes to 1.6 lbs a week...

So this is how it should look by the end of each month:

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

Week beginning 30.01.2012

Abigailsmummy 84lb~3lb lost
broadsbean 84lbs~ 6 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 13.5 lost
Bubulix 84lbs ~5.5 lbs lost
Cariadfaith 84lbs - 2lbs lost
Charmelz 84lbs~ 18lbs lost
Cheese lover 60lbs- 5lbs lost
Corkscrew 84lb - 15lb lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -3lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 15lbs lost
ecblack 312lbs - lost 9.5lb
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Emmey1 84lbs - 7.5lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 6.5lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 14.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 1lbs lost
Feynman 84lbs ~ 6lbs lost
Fostermum 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Groovylucy19: 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 6lbs lost
Jemmsie83 84lbs~ 12 lost
Karnak 84lbs -2.5lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~5lbs lost
KimB 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Kraftykat 84lbs ~ 1.5lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 11.5lbs lost
Latebloomer 84lbs ~ 14lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~ 1lb lost
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 9lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 10lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 9lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 84lb ~ 1lbs lost
Moonstruck_Morning 84lb ~ 5.5lbs lost
Mrs Kitten 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
MrsLisaMarie 84lb- 14lb lost
Mummy sarah - 9.5 lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 3lbs lost
Paulabeard 84lbs ~ 7lbs lost
Pinkelle 84lbs ~ 19 lbs lost
PeaceDove 84lb - 9 lb lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 4lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ 5.5lbs lost
Rockchick72 84lb ~ 9.5lb lost
Roziee 84lb ~ 7lbs lost
sallyannetag 84lbs ~ 8.5lbs lost
Sally Cinnamon ~ 73.5lb 15.5lb lost
SarahCroz ~ 84lb 11.5lb lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
Size 16 Will Do - 84lb
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 11.5lbs lost
vickidyers 84lb ~ 13lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
yvonne31 841b ~ 8.5lbs lost
xJoanneJJx 84lbs ~ 4.5lbs lost
xMandyDx 84 lbs ~ 4lbs lost

Rozie x

Emmey...are you alive....can you walk to the computer? I've been thinking about doing the shred....or going back to a dance class....feel a bit more fairy elephant than sugar plum fairy at the mo though....and not sure my ankles will support all 16st of me on pointe!! When I was very young I was in a pantomime with the Rollie Pollies....do you remember them, the larger ladies that were Les Dawsons chorus girls.......little did I know then a decade or two later I could have auditioned for a place in there line up!!!
Corky you have made my day....I always guesstimated a bottle of wine at about 30syns...but I'm happy to go with 24, you sound to me like a lady who will have done her research....thoroughly!!! So although I have promised myself an alcohol free weekend....having my Grandaughter to stay....(not a good idea with a hangover) the following week I will feel much less guilty whilst quaffing a few glasses!!!

Well, it's 68 calories for 100ml (Dry white is only 64, but I'm having some cheeky red :D) so technically it's only 23.8 syns! WooHoo :8855:

Whatever you do though, don't choose a sweet wine cos that's 32.9 :D

Can you tell I'm having a lazy day at work......converting all my fave tipples in points from my friends calorie book! :8855:

Here's the fruits of my labours for the last 5 mins ..........

Red = 23.8 syns per bottle
Rose = 24.85 syns per bottle
Dry white = 23.10 syns per bottle
Medium white and sparkling white = 25.90 syns per bottle
Sweet white = 32.90 syns per bottle

So that's what torture feels like...

RIP me.

So - I did it - all of it - and it was so easy I could do it again, in fact I will! I've already dropped half a stone and have a 6 pack - its a great DVD

So now for the truth?
Holy crap! That was tough, but I did get through every part of the session, just had a shower (because I may have let out a tad bit of perspiration... ;-)) and I could barely lift my arms to wash myself lol!
It's great though, it's a nice mix of taking all your breath away and right before you think you have none left she moves to strength and you can catch your breath again before she returns to taking it away from you again
I genuinely feel a little bit sick... But that's because I just dont do any other exercise and I used the weights too - ill be honest part of me thinks there's no way I'll do that again tomorrow - but that's the part of me that got to 20stone 1.5 lbs in the first place - the part of me now which is 17 stone 12lbs says this weeks weigh in is going to be a bloody good one!
Im scared what level two looks like but thankfully I have another 9 days of level 1 first!
Took all my measurements now (wish I did that when I started SW in October at 20stone!) so I'll see how it goes but I'm going to stick with it - finished the DVD about 20 minutes ago and starting to feel
Normal again so that's not too bad of a recovery - one things for sure though, and slightly surprising - I really don't feel hungry! Which is weird

Right enough of me talking. Give it a go but I'm sure you have to commit to doing it every day to see results here and there probably won't make a lot of difference

If anyone wants to know anything about the DVD please ask away but I would recommend trying it - you can just feel it'll work - no question!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds scary :eek: :bolt:

:8855:

I must admit I do fancy having a bash at that, but in all honestly I doubt I could do it EVERY day. Mmmmm how long is a session Emmey??

It's just over 25mins with the warm up and cool down corky which I can squeeze into my day somewhere although might struggle at times so isn't too long

Oh I think I could manage 25 mins :D thought it was longer......dunno why mind! lol

Back