>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Weel, it looks great and i'm really pleased and just hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Already thinking along the lines of some choc philly added to the filling and fresh cherries and grate a tiny bit of 70% choc over it. I know it will up the syns but it's still going to be pretty low.

Attachments

• roulade half syn 001.jpg
    roulade half syn 001.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 31
  • roulade half syn 002.jpg
    roulade half syn 002.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 37
Dory, I can so sympathise. My mother is a lovely woman and my best friend BUT she instilled some dreadful eating patterns in me that have haunted me throughout my life. She thinks that love equals loadsa food and thats her way of showing her kindness. Food was a reward, a comfort a pick me up, anything when the going got tough food was the answer and I did that to myself once i'd left home.

Finally, I have broken that patten and i'm really wary about eating at my parents house for that reason. They are local and I have them here for meals now so i'm much more in control. If my kids spend time there I am resolute about the food they have and usually take the childrens food with me as I know she will just do it to the next generation and I just cant let my kids go through it.

My Mum will never ever see it and I have to be very discreet about it but she is just killing us with kindness.

Just do what you can while you are there :)

I'm eating at my dad's house next week for the first time since starting SW and he is a lot like this too. He really loves to spoil us so he will buy in special food, even if I tell him I am trying to lose weight and then be slightly offended if I don't eat it.
The last few times he's come to us for dinner he has always arrived with something - a cake, box of chocolates, couple of tubs of pringles...and when I say I'm on a diet he just laughs and says 'this won't help much then!' :rolleyes:

Weel, it looks great and i'm really pleased and just hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Already thinking along the lines of some choc philly added to the filling and fresh cherries and grate a tiny bit of 70% choc over it. I know it will up the syns but it's still going to be pretty low.

Ooh that looks gorgeous Lucia!

Dory, I can so sympathise. My mother is a lovely woman and my best friend BUT she instilled some dreadful eating patterns in me that have haunted me throughout my life. She thinks that love equals loadsa food and thats her way of showing her kindness. Food was a reward, a comfort a pick me up, anything when the going got tough food was the answer and I did that to myself once i'd left home.

Finally, I have broken that patten and i'm really wary about eating at my parents house for that reason. They are local and I have them here for meals now so i'm much more in control. If my kids spend time there I am resolute about the food they have and usually take the childrens food with me as I know she will just do it to the next generation and I just cant let my kids go through it.

My Mum will never ever see it and I have to be very discreet about it but she is just killing us with kindness.

Just do what you can while you are there :)

Sounds exactly like my Mum Lucia, difference being I argue with my Mum about it. Everytime she visits (which thankfully isn't that often) she brings a carrier bag full of sweets, chocolate and other goodies!! I've told her to stop - she takes no notice. I'm going to put them in the bin while she watches me next time she does it. I really could swing for her at times :D lol

I'm eating at my dad's house next week for the first time since starting SW and he is a lot like this too. He really loves to spoil us so he will buy in special food, even if I tell him I am trying to lose weight and then be slightly offended if I don't eat it.
The last few times he's come to us for dinner he has always arrived with something - a cake, box of chocolates, couple of tubs of pringles...and when I say I'm on a diet he just laughs and says 'this won't help much then!' :rolleyes:

This won't help much! :8855:

Afternoon ladies - managed to sneak on my parents pc whilst they're napping downstairs and my daughter is engrossed in her ds!! As expected I've had my dad on at me all weekend so far and I'm tearing my hair out!! Siobhan has a pack of buttons yesterday and offered me one, I accepted only to be yelled at by my dad saying you'll never lose weight eating sweets and stuff!! One freaking button!!! Sheesh - and this is from the same man who, along with my mother, decided it was fine for my daughter to be allowed to eat biscuits for breakfast on sunday morning!!!! No wonder I got fat - and I'm darn sure gonna make sure she doesn't go the same route!!! Yet today I've been invited out by an old friend for dinner and hes said oh make sure you go out and enjoy yourself - now to me thats eat what you want, drink what you want and have fun but mixed messages or what!!! I'm not planning on eating and drinking whatever I want, although I have got my eye on a 'sundae best' with toffee sauce (we're going to the harvester) which is 260 cals - other than that I'm having chicken with rice most likely and about 85 trips to the salad bar (no sauce!) and a lovely diet coke!

Have a nice time with your friends Dory :)

Oh, and buy some earplugs while you're out! :giggle:

Hi please can I join in with your challenge? I have lost 1 stone 1.5lb so far this year and would like to loose 6 stone 3lb in total. Thanks Rachel xx

Hi Rachel :welcome2: Of course you can join. More the merrier :D

Rozie (the gaffer :D) will add your stats to the list whe she's about :)

Well done so far, you're off to a flying start :)

Corkscrew said:
Have a nice time with your friends Dory :)

Oh, and buy some earplugs while you're out! :giggle:

Haha, think I may have to! God they're driving me insane seriously, not sure I'm gonna make it to Friday! Only thing I have to look forward to is plenty of body magic over the weekend ;) lol (won't have seen him in almost 2 weeks!)

Loving the stories here. I have to laugh at my mum (I say have to because if I didn't I would cry!)
She constantly tells me that I'm overweight and she tells me what I 'should be' eating. Normally this consists of bucket fulls of fruit juice and I've tried explaing that fruit juice is actually full of sugar and not very 'diet'. Well - aparently it's better for me than that devils juice I drink (diet coke/pepsi max)!!!!

She tells me all this despite being 3 dress sizes larger than me :mad: :sigh:

LOL Vicki :8855:

I'd flatten my Mum if she did the biscuit/yoghurt thing with me! lol My Mum is bad, and I mean baaaaaaaad, but she wouldn't dare do that! lol Maybe it's because she knows I'll kick off :eek: lol

I don't see my Mum very often :D Infact up until a couple of months ago, I'd not seen her for 3 years :eek: We're still not 'friendly' per say. I don't tell her anything personal anymore. Sad to say, but I keep her at a distance

Corkscrew, thats really sad.

I find my MIL really very very difficult and that has made things really hard for me and Hubby at times.

Wow girls. My mother is my best friend. There's absolutely nothing she doesn't know about me. She's very supportive of whatever I do. It's my Nan that's the sabateur! She looked at me quite suspiciously today and said, "have you lost weight?" *eyeroll* only 2.5stone lol

Mandy, thats just like my MIL. I'd lost 4 st at Christmas and in front of me my hubby said, Lucia has lost 4 st.Her reply was: She cant have done of I would have noticed!!!!

My MIL is a lovely woman too. I've known her all my life. Incredibly supportive too. Now I feel spoiled seeing as you all have monsters-in-laws lol

Corkscrew, thats really sad.

I find my MIL really very very difficult and that has made things really hard for me and Hubby at times.

It is sad Lucia, but a person can only try for so long and put up with crap for so long. I gave up eventually. It upset me for a long long time, but I accept that's the way it is. Doesn't much bother me anymore tbh. It sounds a rotten thing to say, but I tolerate her because she's 70 and set in her ways.

My MIL is a lovely woman too. I've known her all my life. Incredibly supportive too. Now I feel spoiled seeing as you all have monsters-in-laws lol

My Mother in Law was a total fruit loop :eek: lol Luckily she lived down in Reading far away from me :giggle:

It is sad Lucia, but a person can only try for so long and put up with crap for so long. I gave up eventually. It upset me for a long long time, but I accept that's the way it is. Doesn't much bother me anymore tbh. It sounds a rotten thing to say, but I tolerate her because she's 70 and set in her ways.

Do understand x life and relationships are so complex at times.

Corkscrew said:
Hi Rachel :welcome2: Of course you can join. More the merrier :D

Rozie (the gaffer :D) will add your stats to the list whe she's about :)

Well done so far, you're off to a flying start :)

And I've added you Rachel :) welcome to the hood :D

Thank you for the support girlies. FINALLY feel like I'm back in the game.

I'm meeting up with a friend on Wednesday but will go to a Lebanese and have grilled meats, plain rice and lots of salad so it's very low syn as I'm sure the meat will have some oil on it right?

My mums whatever I want her to be.. If I go home and I'm like.. Mum I want this this this.. She'll cook me a feast but if I'm sticking to plan she'll make me lots of grilled chicken and salad LOL she doesn't know what else to do but that's fine.

Look what I made....

IMG_0226.jpg

My daughter is home tomorrow with her bf and I wanted to make something for Valentines. Got off to a good start with the cakes but overcooked the biscuits, knew I'd cock something up! They are definitely not SW friendly and I won't be having any :(.

Oh no! I think I might be one of those mums you're all talking about :8855:

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 30
Back