>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hi ladies,
4lbs off for me. That made up for my 1/2lb last week.
Rosiee, could you update the list for me please, I still haven't done enough posts yet.
I must join in more rather than just reading. It makes me feel like a stalker ;-)
Off to catch up on the chatter now.

Mandy - just read your comment in the small arguement going on in the lemon coucous cake v big mac debate.

love the fact you just pop in and go mmmmmmmmmm..... bigmac!! I laughed!! But I wimped out of posting in that thread *wimp!*

About 10 years ago a barfed after having just eaten a bigmac (not the fault of the bigmac to be fair), but I looked down at the little pile of yak that I had just done on the pavement and it looked exactly the same as before I had eaten it - no difference. I can honestly say I have never eaten one since and almost certain never will again.

Sorry about that - just a story I wanted to share!! x

I actually couldn't help myself. I had to say something... and that's what came out hahaha

And...ewww... no more mmmm'ing on the big macs for me!!

Wi for me tonight - hoping for a loss despite my take away and pudding last night but know if I don't lose it's simply bad timing of having valentines the night before weigh in and will be super good this week - see you all tonight :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really want to do this too! How do I join the group? :)

Hellooooooooo - I'm the unofficial welcome party - Roziee is the official one! The joining process is a fairly complicated one - first we vet you to make sure that you have the following attributes:
a sense of humour
a chatterbox
a genuine want and will to lose weight
are supportive in nature
and most importantly - do not shout at Lucia when she doesn't syn tinned grapefruit!

JUST KIDDING!! Welcome and by the very fact you have posted here means your in! I'm sure Roziee will update the list on the very first post on this thread and then your 'properly' in!! Good luck on your 6 stone journey for 2012

PS - Sorry you get me answering you first - I'm one of the silly ones in this group, there's a few of us! :D :D :D

Hellooooooooo - I'm the unofficial welcome party - Roziee is the official one! The joining process is a fairly complicated one - first we vet you to make sure that you have the following attributes:
a sense of humour
a chatterbox
are supportive in nature
and most importantly - do not shout at Lucia when she doesn't syn tinned grapefruit!

JUST KIDDING!! Welcome and by the very fact you have posted here means your in! I'm sure Roziee will update the list on the very first post on this thread and then your 'properly' in!! Good luck on your 6 stone journey for 2012

PS - Sorry you get me answering you first - I'm one of the silly ones in this group, there's a few of us! :D :D :D

Hahahaha! Vicki, you're on form this morning - what did you have for breakfast? :D:D

:welcome: Welcome Leah, and good luck!

vickidyers said:
a sense of humour
a chatterbox
are supportive in nature

Lmao! That literally made my lol! And I'm sat on train back from Charing cross with people looking at me like I'm weird (nobody say a word!)

Ta Sarah - I'm in a surprisingly upbeat mood! I ran 6km (4 miles) on the hotel gym last night, it took me an hour and I'm pleasantly surprised I don't ache this morning!
We have a work fun run in June (6.7 miles) and I don't just want to enter it - I want to win it. I've been training for a while now and I'm beginning to finally see the results now Woohhhhooooooooooooooo!!

Hotel breakfast again of fruit salad then cooked breakfast of baked beans, wholemeal toast and poached eggs. I stole two mullerlights and an apple, stuffed them in my bag for lunch!!

Hey girls...

Just copying and pasting what I've written in my diary... Need your thoughts please..

Hey Rozie don't feel guilty, the fact that your recognising that you could get out of control is probably why your feeling so bad (guilty!) hands up girls who feels the same when they come off plan.....here that????? that was almost everyone on this thread raising their hands and shouting me !!me!! me!!, I feel like that. People who have a healthy relationship with food can over indulge on special days, birthday's, anniverseries, holidays, Valentines even!!! and not have the same gut renching emotional reaction that I/we do....guilt, feeling useless, like a failure. The reality is food is a pleasure that we all enjoy and people like to nurture the ones they love by feeding them something delicious.....it's just that some of us need to learn to stop and gain control...but feeling guilty will stop you from gaining control, I have always ended up in a nasty guilt /binge cycle ( cue for jokes about bicycle seats!!!).....so one of the things I know I need to learn is how not to feel guilty about doing what every other bloomin person seem's to do without feeling over emotional about it...enjoying a lovely meal with my loved ones!!!! Rozie my love you are not alone, we probably all recogise that feeling and are here to empathise and help you to get back on track.....guilt free....your partner loves you and wants to show you how much...that is a lovely thing and not something anyone should have to feel bad about at all, least of all a lovely lady like yourself who is trying hard to support the rest of us reprabates on this here interweb thingy!!!

I myself am not feeling overly confident about my weigh in today, I have stuck to plan food wise but have overdone it with the wine consumption, had a few on Friday as I always do, then ended up having a big household communal Sunday lunch with a few extra guests, eleven of us in total, a lovely afternoon, evening that ended up being a late night still round the dining room table, stuck to spritzers but still well over my syns for the week this week....on the plus I stuck to plan foodwise, although portion control went out of the window on Monday and I over endulged on the carbs, I always have a massive appetite when I have a bit of a hangover and not enough sleep.
I am trying really hard to not feel bad about it, I had a lovely lovely weekend with my lovely kids, grandaughter (who I took swimming on Sunday morning, so some extra body magic there!) and some dear friends...so what if I don't lose this week, I will next week, won't I!! ......hoping saying it out loud will make it so!!
oooo and p.s I had liver and bacon cassarole last night Corky...and it was delish!!! Cheap as chips and SW friendly!!!
Big love and well done on some fantastic losses, 4 and 5lb some of you...and even a 6lb!! What is your secret, that's what we all want to know!! Let us all know what you think you did this week that helped to boost it! xxxxxx

Hi ladies, I went to the early WI this morning (as it's half term and it's also my birthday today so I'm going out for a drink dinner time lol) and I lost half a pound. That means if I can knuckle down and get 3 lbs off this week (chances are slim, but hey, worth a try haha) then I'll get my 2.5st shiny next week! :)

Oh, and ,I got an iPad for my birthday, so I now hope to be able to keep up with discussions here a bit more, I seem to blink and I've missed pages lol!

Keep it up ladies, and have a great day!! Xxx

I had a lovely walk this morning (5.4km) after my boiled egg, Alpen light and banana, and now am about to sit down to a lovely big bowl of my home made veggie soup... yum.

Vicki... you crack me up girl, you really do lol

a sense of humour
a chatterbox
are supportive in nature

Ha ha that really made me chuckle!!!!

Just checking in ladies and will catch up on all your lovely posts when the kids are in bed tonight.

My parents came over to sit so I could do my aqua aerobics and at the pool I go to I got acosted about joining the gym and it turns out i'm paying more to pay as you go for the aqua aerobics twice a week than if I joined and had unlimited access to gym,sauna,jaccuzzi, aqua aerobics, swimming etc at anytime so I just did it and joined :eek:

I have my gym induction next Monday, dont even own a pair of trainers and the gym instructor is very young and fit and then there is me at 19 wobbly stone and 42 next week!!!! O M G

Ok, girls what do I need to wear and bring?

We are now off bowling in a mo and I have the half syn roulade to poison my MIL with tonight!

Big hugs and catch up propper tonight :)

Welcome to the group Leah! :)

WI this morning: lost 4lbs and got my stone award so yaaaaay!! :D:D

We're doing a different challenge every week in group for the next 12 weeks. Is anyone else doing this?

This week its to plan all our snacks for each day on the day before which I think will be ok for me as I pretty much do this anyway (maybe tricker at weekends though).

Hey Lucia..you'll love it!! O.k firstly, breath deeply...in..and....out and remember us bigger girls are bloomin brilliant, if it wasn't for us cake botherers there wouldn't be the need for personal trainers!!! You are there so he can earn a living!! I was around 17stone when I first went to the gym and I felt the same.
You will need a goodish pair of trainers if you are going to use a treadmill or the hill walker type machines too try and limit the strain on your poor little trotters and ankles. I got a decent pair (asics) on line for about thirty quid, reduced from about 70.
A good sports bra, again online I'd recommend boobydoo, they have a good selection for the more magnificently bosomed of us...I got a freya...looks very unsexy....but those puppies aren't moving anywhere!!
A comfy pair of tracksuit bottoms and an old t-shirt, a small hand towel and a bottle of water, a pound coin for the lockers.....and a great big grin to wear when you are exercising away thoses pounds and toning up that bod!!....ohh and maybe an ipod or some music to listen too through headphones...I find that really helps to pass the time on a tread mill or exercise bike....five tunes equals 15mins!!
Good luck lovely, once you have been a few times and it becomes routine you'll wonder what you were worried about or why you didn't go before....I am envious as I can't do too much at the mo, twisted my ankle badly just before New Year and it's still not healed properly. Took my grandaughter swimming at the weekend but only managed to get in a few lengths on my own...just as well it nearly killed me!! xxx

Just checking in ladies and will catch up on all your lovely posts when the kids are in bed tonight.

My parents came over to sit so I could do my aqua aerobics and at the pool I go to I got acosted about joining the gym and it turns out i'm paying more to pay as you go for the aqua aerobics twice a week than if I joined and had unlimited access to gym,sauna,jaccuzzi, aqua aerobics, swimming etc at anytime so I just did it and joined :eek:

I have my gym induction next Monday, dont even own a pair of trainers and the gym instructor is very young and fit and then there is me at 19 wobbly stone and 42 next week!!!! O M G

Ok, girls what do I need to wear and bring?

We are now off bowling in a mo and I have the half syn roulade to poison my MIL with tonight!

Big hugs and catch up propper tonight :)

Hi Lucia - I'm not a gym goer (might be when I get a bit slimmer and braver though!) but just wanted to say good luck for Monday and let us know how it goes! x

Moonstruck- congrats on your loss - nice going!
Can you recommend a swimming pool in the Reading area? I think after last night in the gym I need to calm down a bit tonight and a swim would be ideal!

Lucia - Peacedove has mentioned everything you need (you may want to take a bottle of water - but almost every gym now has a water chiller there for you). I started the gym at over 20 stone - so don't worry!! Everyone goes for the same reason and we all have to start somewhere x

Moonstruck- congrats on your loss - nice going!
Can you recommend a swimming pool in the Reading area? I think after last night in the gym I need to calm down a bit tonight and a swim would be ideal!

Lucia - Peacedove has mentioned everything you need (you may want to take a bottle of water - but almost every gym now has a water chiller there for you). I started the gym at over 20 stone - so don't worry!! Everyone goes for the same reason and we all have to start somewhere x

Hi Vicki,
There are quite a few! What side of Reading are you staying? x

Back