>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hi girls

I maintained this week - bit gutted really as been a star all week was just last nights meal but hey ho - big loss next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm normally by carversham bridge - but it was full this week so I'm at the best western hotel near Winnersh Triangle. Missed my carverys this week - looking forward to going back to the premier inn next week!

I think there's a leisure centre on that road near Caversham bridge, Rivermead centre I think it's called. If you turn right out from the Premier Inn its only a few hundred yards.

I think there's a leisure centre on that road near Caversham bridge, Rivermead centre I think it's called. If you turn right out from the Premier Inn its only a few hundred yards.

Ohhhhhh... thanks. just found it on google maps - yep not far from where I normall stay. I can then stop in after and have my carvery!! I'm off - see you all later!!:D

vickidyers said:
Hellooooooooo - I'm the unofficial welcome party - Roziee is the official one! The joining process is a fairly complicated one - first we vet you to make sure that you have the following attributes:
a sense of humour
a chatterbox
a genuine want and will to lose weight
are supportive in nature
and most importantly - do not shout at Lucia when she doesn't syn tinned grapefruit!

JUST KIDDING!! Welcome and by the very fact you have posted here means your in! I'm sure Roziee will update the list on the very first post on this thread and then your 'properly' in!! Good luck on your 6 stone journey for 2012

PS - Sorry you get me answering you first - I'm one of the silly ones in this group, there's a few of us! :D :D :D
Lol Vicki you crack me up x
Welcome on board Leah x
MissClumsy said:
Hi ladies, I went to the early WI this morning (as it's half term and it's also my birthday today so I'm going out for a drink dinner time lol) and I lost half a pound. That means if I can knuckle down and get 3 lbs off this week (chances are slim, but hey, worth a try haha) then I'll get my 2.5st shiny next week! :)

Oh, and ,I got an iPad for my birthday, so I now hope to be able to keep up with discussions here a bit more, I seem to blink and I've missed pages lol!

Keep it up ladies, and have a great day!! Xxx
Happy birthday, i hope you enjoy your ipad! Xx
Lucia Lucia said:
Just checking in ladies and will catch up on all your lovely posts when the kids are in bed tonight.

My parents came over to sit so I could do my aqua aerobics and at the pool I go to I got acosted about joining the gym and it turns out i'm paying more to pay as you go for the aqua aerobics twice a week than if I joined and had unlimited access to gym,sauna,jaccuzzi, aqua aerobics, swimming etc at anytime so I just did it and joined :eek:

I have my gym induction next Monday, dont even own a pair of trainers and the gym instructor is very young and fit and then there is me at 19 wobbly stone and 42 next week!!!! O M G

Ok, girls what do I need to wear and bring?

We are now off bowling in a mo and I have the half syn roulade to poison my MIL with tonight!

Big hugs and catch up propper tonight :)
Good luck for monday, you will be fine i actually really enjoy the gym and im normally a very lazy person lol, make sure you tell us how you get on xx
Moonstruck_Morning said:
Welcome to the group Leah! :)

WI this morning: lost 4lbs and got my stone award so yaaaaay!! :D:D

We're doing a different challenge every week in group for the next 12 weeks. Is anyone else doing this?

This week its to plan all our snacks for each day on the day before which I think will be ok for me as I pretty much do this anyway (maybe tricker at weekends though).

Welldone thats fsntastic. Xx

I'm normally by carversham bridge - but it was full this week so I'm at the best western hotel near Winnersh Triangle. Missed my carverys this week - looking forward to going back to the premier inn next week!

Hi Vicki,
Sorry our internet went down at work and I couldn't reply.
(had to do actual work which I was not too happy about :p)
I was going to suggest Rivermead too! Hope you enjoyed your swim!

Well done to all the losers, there is some great losers here :D

Vicki, hope you had a great time at the leisure centre.

Where has Rozieee gone, is she about?

Ok, another stupid question. What sort of trousers do I wear to the gym? I get very hot very easily and couldnt wear jogging pants. I totally know shorts are going to look silly.Is there something I should be looking for? Hubby says I radiate heat like a furnace in bed! The little town I live in only has a bon march, will I find something in there? We have a traditional lingerie shop with matrons with tape measures so pretty sure i'll be ok for the sports bra. I'm only a 42 c now anyways!

Weigh in for me tomorrow and i'm confident for a loss this week!

And how could I forget Happy Birthday to the birthday girl :553:

OMG I've missed sooooo much :eek::eek: How is a mere mortal like me supposed to catch up? :eek:

Lucia - Well done on joining the gym. I'm sure you will love it once you're into the swing of it. I think you're best off with some thin jogging pants. I used to wear cropped ones when I went as I got too darn hot in the full length ones. I really can't think of anything else that would be suitable to be honest.

Well done to all the losers, there is some great losers here :D

Vicki, hope you had a great time at the leisure centre.

Where has Rozieee gone, is she about?

Ok, another stupid question. What sort of trousers do I wear to the gym? I get very hot very easily and couldnt wear jogging pants. I totally know shorts are going to look silly.Is there something I should be looking for? Hubby says I radiate heat like a furnace in bed! The little town I live in only has a bon march, will I find something in there? We have a traditional lingerie shop with matrons with tape measures so pretty sure i'll be ok for the sports bra. I'm only a 42 c now anyways!

Weigh in for me tomorrow and i'm confident for a loss this week!

And how could I forget Happy Birthday to the birthday girl :553:

I agree, there have been some fantastic losses this week, maybe the cold has got everyone moving more! Sadly I don't think I'll be joining the losers this week :(.

Lucia, I seem to radiate heat too. I usually just wear lightweight bottoms that are quite loose. I got mine in Tesco's, they're like a t-shirt material, maybe a bit thicker and in black so if you are a bit sweaty it doesn't really show. Also, wear a long t-shirt and you'll be less self concious. One thing to remember is that having a bright red face and sweat patches is a good sign that you are working hard and burning fat. I can't bear seeing people in there who don't make any effort and leave looking exactly the same as when they arrived. I always tell myself not to care what I look like as I'm doing something positive and I'm sure the majority of people in a gym will appreciate this. Build up gently, listen to your body (and not necessarily to gym instructors, sometimes I'm shocked at the advice they give people) and you'll be surprised how good you feel :).

Happy Birthday MissClumsy, hope you've had a great day. :birthday:

I give in, there's too much to catch up on :eek: lol

Some fab losses though girls. Well done everyone. Fab xxx

Emmey - You get a good loss next week, it was just bad timing with your valentines treat. Night before is a dodgy night really innit? :D lol

Welcome Leah. Join in and enjoy........after you've satisfied all conditions of initiation as laid out by Vicki :D lol Just joking :) Good luck on your SW journey xxx

Rozie, you lucky girl you! A romantic dinner out with hubby and a pressie too. You pair of slush buckets! lol

:wavey:

I'm here lucia...

Clumsy, happy birthday darling...

Girls- I've updated all of your losses, please let me know if I've missed anyone out..

Leah- :wavey: welcome to the mad house my love giggle: I've added you on to the list.. Tell us know about yourself..

Peacey :hug99: thank you so much Hun. You really made me smile, you always do. You're a breath of fresh air, seriously.. Thank you :hug99:

Vicki- you nutter! :8855: how much longer do you have in reading?

I met with a friend of mine tonight after work... Went and ate Persian food- oh my... *drool* food was amazing.. Had grilled meats, rice and salad.. Same as yesterday but the meat was just to die for... Delicious food, amazing company :) have had loads of green tea/peppermint tea too... Hopefully that will help me lose weight this week! Lol

Much love to you all xxx

Help! Feel like I've been a pig and eaten way too much today.

Breakfast, I had a boiled egg, alpen light bar and a banana
Lunch I had a bowl of veggie soup
Snack, I had noodles and banana
Dinner, I had pasta stir in and pasta and veggies (between 4 of us so only like 1 syn or so in the stir in)
Then I had two slices of wholemeal toast, another alpen light bar and a pack of low fat crisps.
Now I'm about to have more noodles.

I'm just soooo hungry today!

Am I being a pig?

Dinner, I had pasta stir in and pasta and veggies (between 4 of us so only like 1 syn or so in the stir in)
Then I had two slices of wholemeal toast, another alpen light bar and a pack of low fat crisps.

Am I being a pig?

Well I don't know how many syns are in the low fat crisps, but your other stuff only adds up to about 7 syns, a Hexb and free stuff, so I'd say you were only being a piglet :D lol

You need to sit on your hands now though Mandy :D lol

xMandyDx said:

Am I being a pig?

Alpen hex b
Noodles- low fat? Should be syn free,,
2 toast 6 syns
Crisps 5 syns?

So that's 11 syns.. That's not bad!

I think it's so individual, Mandy. I'd never lose weight on your menu but I have PCOS and that would be far too carby for me BUT it's within syns so you should be fine x

doesn't sound too bad to me either (depending on syn value of noodles). Somethimes I just get hungry, I try to grab syn free stuff (or very close to it). I have a massive breakfast and people cant believe how much I have, but it's syn free and I'm losing weight.... so I don't worry!!

My breakfast is normally something like:
fruit salad made with chopped apple, banana, orange, grapes and raspberries/strawberries
mullerlight
tomatoes, scrambled or poached egg, bacon (fat removed), mushrooms (cooked not fat) and a piece of wholemeal toast

syn free + 1 HEB and massive!!

It takes me ages to chomp through all that - but it sets me up for the day!!

Back