>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Aww thanks all - I'm sorry for my small melt down earlier, I'm just working away from home, which means I can't really get organised for it at the moment and missing my OH. I get a bit emotional sometimes about what my mum said (which is SOOOOOooooo unlike me)

Back to happy Vicki now!!

:bighug:

Vicki, the main thing is you have a great time and I'm sure even if you don't have official photos there'll be a few pics for you to remember things. I think in years to come you might regret not having a single photo of your wedding day - what will you show your grandchildren??

When you're big you tend to think losing weight will solve all the problems but you really have to start 'thinking' like a thinner person to be happy. You've already lost an amazing amount of weight and I'm sure you look fantastic. You're not the same person your mum said was too fat to get married. I bet when you try that dress on again you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Vicki some people like to pass remarks on other people to draw the attention away from themselves. Others do it just cos they're cruel!

Either way, what your Mum said was nasty, cruel and uncalled-for! I would have carried a mega-grudge.

Anyway your wedding day will be fab, your location is fab, and I'm sure both you and hubby will look fab!

Chin up, my dear x x

its infuriating that people feel they can make such comments isn't it especially your mum :eek:

you don't need enemies do you vicky, with family like that:confused:

think seriously about having some photo's done honey, you will regret not having any :)
My mum cut up all hers after a fight with my dad so none exist, its quite sad not to have ever seen a photo of there wedding :sigh:

hope every one is doing ok, been busy with work so not been about much:cry:

2lb off for me today please roziee :D:D:D

I'll think about photos....! Maybe just a few taken by my mate x

But I've just perked up a bit now (awful I know) I've just seen this on the news - a romanian model proud of her 20" waist. It's just awful and although i am desperate to lose weight i dont think anyone of us would trade with her. The sun newspaper is calling her the human hourglass.

Don't look if you are easily shocked (dont worry she's fully clothed!) I'm not going to post the link as I think she is just awful. Butif your interested google the human hourglass and the first one to come up is the daily mail website

I'm very comfortable with my size after seeing that! x

Hi, can I join the challenge please?

Oh I saw her on the news the other day :eek: I think she looks like summat out of a freak show :eek: Horrible and not remotely attractive

I saw that on the news the other day, it was horrific! She didn't look real - where were her organs?!

Of course you can Ellen :) Welcome xxx

Thanks, are there any rules...or is it just 'drop the pounds'?

Should probably introduce myself, I'm Ellen, I'm 28 and have always been a chunky monkey (was even 10lbs 3 at birth!). Anyway, despite my size was always reasonably fit, was rock climbing at 16-17st and generally very active. Then I had kids, and with my second I ended up with severe spd and was on crutches from shortly after the first trimester, so my once overweight yet fit self became overweight and an unfit which has upset me.

I am on a mission to lose as much as I can before my wedding in July next year as I want to wear the dress in my pic and it won't suit me as I am... I have been doing slimming world for 10 weeks and am down 23lbs, 5lbs more and I hit my 10%award and 2 stone which I WILL get before the end of the month.

:welcome: Ellen! We're a chatty lot here!!

*notice the sensible welcome message - I'm worried that I might have scared Leah off with my jovial welcome message!*

I can see, forgive me if I don't read through 160+ pages...

Thanks, are there any rules...or is it just 'drop the pounds'?

Should probably introduce myself, I'm Ellen, I'm 28 and have always been a chunky monkey (was even 10lbs 3 at birth!). Anyway, despite my size was always reasonably fit, was rock climbing at 16-17st and generally very active. Then I had kids, and with my second I ended up with severe spd and was on crutches from shortly after the first trimester, so my once overweight yet fit self became overweight and an unfit which has upset me.

I am on a mission to lose as much as I can before my wedding in July next year as I want to wear the dress in my pic and it won't suit me as I am... I have been doing slimming world for 10 weeks and am down 23lbs, 5lbs more and I hit my 10%award and 2 stone which I WILL get before the end of the month.

Wow 10lb 3oz :eek: I thought I had a big baby at 10lb, but you've beaten him! :giggle:

No rules chick :) All you have to do is join in and enjoy :) Losing weight isn't compulsory, well not every week, after all we're only human eh? :D

You're off to a cracking start. Well done :)

Welcome aboard anyway. Looking forward to getting to know you better xxx

Wow 10lb 3oz :eek: I thought I had a big baby at 10lb, but you've beaten him! :giggle:

No rules chick :) All you have to do is join in and enjoy :) Losing weight isn't compulsory, well not every week, after all we're only human eh? :D

You're off to a cracking start. Well done :)

Welcome aboard anyway. Looking forward to getting to know you better xxx

I am pleased that both my boys were under 8lbs. Was worried it might be genetic passed to me, my brother was 4 weeks early and over 9lbs! My mum knows how to grow 'em!

I am actually really enjoying slimming world, I don't really feel like I'm dieting or depriving myself, I've not been as strict as I could be because I'm breastfeeding, and I want the plan to be a lifestyle change... I think it helps me to think of it that way... the word diet holds WAY too many negative associations to my childhood!

Corky is the main gasbag!! :8855:

If you get really bored oneday Ellen - we introduce ourselves a few hundred pages ago - but we're a nice support lot!!

:eek::eek: I was just about to say the same.................about you! :8855:

I don't believe I ever introduced myself ya know :eek: I think I might have just barged in :eek: How rude! :giggle:

Last edited:
Love it already.... although I think I may need to come on when you have all gone to bed so I can catch up lol.

Don't get too much time to get bored in my house. My boys are CRAZY!

I am pleased that both my boys were under 8lbs. Was worried it might be genetic passed to me, my brother was 4 weeks early and over 9lbs! My mum knows how to grow 'em!

I am actually really enjoying slimming world, I don't really feel like I'm dieting or depriving myself, I've not been as strict as I could be because I'm breastfeeding, and I want the plan to be a lifestyle change... I think it helps me to think of it that way... the word diet holds WAY too many negative associations to my childhood!

The word 'diet' should be banned in my opinion. SW is the best *ahem* eating plan ever. I don't think I would even contemplate following any other to be honest. I like big meals - I swear I could eat most men under the table! lol SW is the only plan I've ever felt satisfied on. I love it! lol

I was only 6lb 12oz when I was born. Now look at me!! :8855:

Back