>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hi evryone,

I never knew that snacking had to be syns or super free, maybe this is where im going wrong? i always thought if i was eating free food i was ok, the menu planned changed a bit today as i had to go and get my daughter from school as she was poorly, so this is what i have had so far

Breakfast - 9.15 - fruit bowl (5 pieces)
Snack - 11.30 - baked beans
lunch - 3.55 - sweet and sour rice pot with chicken, boiled egg(random i know)
Dinner is going to be spag Bolg made with loads of veg and passata

I will try to have at least 10 syns as well

I think i will call today a good day, but from tomorrow remember the superfree only snacks, does this all look ok?
xx

What kind of day are you doing, Paula? No harm sticking in some veggies with that rice pot, even if it's not an EE day.
Chop up some peppers, onion and take a couple of tablespoons from a tin of chopped toms. Sauté them for a few minutes with half a veg stock cube and mix into your rice...nom nom

sounds good Mandy but i was starving lol so i just had some chicken with it it was good.
Im doing EE, do you think this looks ok though? i feel a bit like i dont know what im doing now, you know when you have been doing something for ages then realise you have been doing it wrong!! its thrown me a bit xx

Paula was it an Uncle Bens rice time? If so they have now gone up to 8.5 syns :cry:There's a thread about it on here somewhere.

I think if I'd had what you've eaten I'd call the fruit a pre-breakfast snack and the beans a late breakfast! But that's probably a naughty tweak.

iv just sussed i have done it wrong again havent i lol, cause my rice pot didnt have 1/3 superfree OH BUM! sorry i really must try better to pay attention!! x

Paula was it an Uncle Bens rice time? If so they have now gone up to 8.5 syns :cry:There's a thread about it on here somewhere.

I think if I'd had what you've eaten I'd call the fruit a pre-breakfast snack and the beans a late breakfast! But that's probably a naughty tweak.
Oh my god 8.5syns, can this day get any worse lol, i thought it was free x

Hi evryone,

I never knew that snacking had to be syns or super free, maybe this is where im going wrong? i always thought if i was eating free food i was ok, the menu planned changed a bit today as i had to go and get my daughter from school as she was poorly, so this is what i have had so far

Breakfast - 9.15 - fruit bowl (5 pieces)
Snack - 11.30 - baked beans
lunch - 3.55 - sweet and sour rice pot with chicken, boiled egg(random i know)
Dinner is going to be spag Bolg made with loads of veg and passata

I will try to have at least 10 syns as well

I think i will call today a good day, but from tomorrow remember the superfree only snacks, does this all look ok?
xx
unless i change this to a green day
breakfast would be ok, beans as a snack would be ok, i could syn the rice pot (8.5), the chicken could be a HEXB, then spag bolg, the pasta would be free the veg and passata would be free and i could weigh out the right amount (extra lean minced beef 85g raw) of mince as my pther HEXB, i have had milk as 1 of my HEXA and if i add cheese on my spag bolg then this would be ok RIGHT!!! please say right lol xx

I do the 30 day shred but just stick to level 1 as the other ones included lots more push up type stuff which I struggle with atm... top heavy and breastfeeding do night make push ups easy.

I do the 30 day shred but just stick to level 1 as the other ones included lots more push up type stuff which I struggle with atm... top heavy and breastfeeding do night make push ups easy.

Quite top heavy myself! We'll see how I manage lol

Just had a thought is the uncle bens microwave pack of plain rice still free?

Well done to the losers, comiserations to the gainers x

Paula, not telling you what to do. You have to find your own way that works for YOU in this diet.

What works for me is:

Only ever snacking on fruit

Having three really decent meals a day.

Having very very little processed stuff, mug shots, noodles,savory rice unless I cook it up with loads of superfree veg.

Eating plenty of grapefruit ( I think most people on here know I eat tinned in juice and strain it and dont syn it)

Put veg in anything and everything often having 5 or so veg at night. Tonight for example we are having chicken breasts in philly light and i'm doing mash,broccoli,carrots, sprouts and green beans!

It's about finding the right way to do this diet to fit you in the long term.

Keep on posting Paula x

I've been to aqua aerobics today and for my gym induction which was good! I'm even back tommorrow and then to a zumba class on Thurs!!!!

Well done to the losers, comiserations to the gainers x

Paula, not telling you what to do. You have to find your own way that works for YOU in this diet.

What works for me is:

Only ever snacking on fruit

Having three really decent meals a day.

Having very very little processed stuff, mug shots, noodles,savory rice unless I cook it up with loads of superfree veg.

Eating plenty of grapefruit ( I think most people on here know I eat tinned in juice and strain it and dont syn it)

Put veg in anything and everything often having 5 or so veg at night. Tonight for example we are having chicken breasts in philly light and i'm doing mash,broccoli,carrots, sprouts and green beans!

It's about finding the right way to do this diet to fit you in the long term.

Keep on posting Paula x

I've been to aqua aerobics today and for my gym induction which was good! I'm even back tommorrow and then to a zumba class on Thurs!!!!
Thanks Lucia, im glad you enjoyed the gym, you are really doing well.

I think i have been doing the plan but now that i have had a few findings today, i havent been doing it properly. Im wondering if a green day will suit me more than a EE, but it worries me that i will eat too many carbs. I think i really need to find what suits me best, before i have always been a Red day girl, but when i actually tried to think of what a days menu would be i got a bit stuck?, thank you all i really appreciate your help, it times like this when i would normally give up, but you have helped me to stick with it xxxx

Today's exercise plan has been a total write-off. I'm just too tired. I think I'll have a nice early night and get right back to body magic in the morning. I'm sure Jillian Michaels can wait :p

Oh, and Vicki will be along sometime tomorrow :fingerscrossed: to fill you in on the rules :D: lol

Don't worry, she won't ask you to shave your head or anything :D lol

LOL!! :D just catching up - been home for the weekend and finally turned laptop off as I just seem to constantly be on it. It deserves a break occassionally. Back to my normal hotel and carverys now.... still catching up on the posts x

Hello girlies..

I had 2 weeks where I gained and then I went to lose 7 lbs in the following 2 weeks so don't give up. I know how disheartening but please don't stop.

Paula- it'd be easier to know how you're doing if you post your full food diary in one post just so it's all together :) The thread is so busy that I don't wanna lose your posts :)

One thing I would say is that you need to increase your SF :) snack of SF first but don't be scared to snack on free foods as long as you eat lots of SF foods during the day.

Maybe it's an idea (and again, please don't think I'm patronising) but read the plans again... It's amazing how much I was taking for granted when I started again.

Lots of hugs and support as always xxx

One of the reasons SW works for me so well is because I'm lazy!!

Most of the time I cant be bothered to look up the syns of processed foods or a cant be ars*d (pronouced in my west Somerset accent) to look for low syn stuff. So stuff up on free foods loads of veg and snack on fruit (I do mostly red, occassional green days)

Hello girlies..

I had 2 weeks where I gained and then I went to lose 7 lbs in the following 2 weeks so don't give up. I know how disheartening but please don't stop.

Paula- it'd be easier to know how you're doing if you post your full food diary in one post just so it's all together :) The thread is so busy that I don't wanna lose your posts :)

One thing I would say is that you need to increase your SF :) snack of SF first but don't be scared to snack on free foods as long as you eat lots of SF foods during the day.

Maybe it's an idea (and again, please don't think I'm patronising) but read the plans again... It's amazing how much I was taking for granted when I started again.

Lots of hugs and support as always xxx
Hi Roziee, yes i think you are right i think i had been doing it a certain way for so long that i hadnt noticed it wasnt right lol, i have put a link on my signature to my daily food diary fo anybody who is interested. The SF normally i have a massive salad for lunch which boosts my SF but didnt have a chance today, tomorrow i am aiming for a RED day. Thanks again for all your support i really appreciate it xx

One of the reasons SW works for me so well is because I'm lazy!!

Most of the time I cant be bothered to look up the syns of processed foods or a cant be ars*d (pronouced in my west Somerset accent) to look for low syn stuff. So stuff up on free foods loads of veg and snack on fruit (I do mostly red, occassional green days)
I actually read that back in the accent then lol, i need to use the plan properly rather than trying to find every loophole to eat naughty stuff!!! xx

cool - did you put a good 'aaarrrrrrrrrr' in ars*d!?

Best of luck Paula, hope the weight starts dropping away again soon

I've found my taste buds have changed with time. (not that I wouldn't sell my soul for a huge slab of choclate cake) - but I am finding genuinally now that I crave fruit and alpen light bars. On the very odd day I fall off the wagon i feel like poop. I honestly don't think that I could eat a greasy fry-up now like I used to.

Back