>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Good luck for WI tonight Mandy :)

:wavey: to my fellow wino, Clare :D :giggle:

Good afternoon ladies. What a beautiful day it is here :D The sun is shining, and it's warm :eek: I've even got my office window open!

I've just finished munching my lunch (leftovers from last night) and I'm as full as a butchers dog now :D

I've just been passing a few mins looking at the calendar (in on my own today and not really in work mode :eek: lol) and I've only got 44 WI's till Christmas! :8855: Then I thought........in 44 weeks time I should be 6 stone lighter :D How exciting :giggle:

Just got to make sure I lose on average 1.5lbs every week now :rolleyes:

My christmas day outfit is going to rather spectacular this year :bliss:

Anyone else getting excited? Ot is it just this daft bat? lol

Well done to the losers, comiserations to the gainers x

Paula, not telling you what to do. You have to find your own way that works for YOU in this diet.

What works for me is:

Only ever snacking on fruit

Having three really decent meals a day.

Having very very little processed stuff, mug shots, noodles,savory rice unless I cook it up with loads of superfree veg.

Eating plenty of grapefruit ( I think most people on here know I eat tinned in juice and strain it and dont syn it)

Put veg in anything and everything often having 5 or so veg at night. Tonight for example we are having chicken breasts in philly light and i'm doing mash,broccoli,carrots, sprouts and green beans!

It's about finding the right way to do this diet to fit you in the long term.

Keep on posting Paula x

I've been to aqua aerobics today and for my gym induction which was good! I'm even back tommorrow and then to a zumba class on Thurs!!!!

Lucia how was the induction? What was it like? x

Good afternoon ladies. What a beautiful day it is here :D The sun is shining, and it's warm :eek: I've even got my office window open!

I've just finished munching my lunch (leftovers from last night) and I'm as full as a butchers dog now :D

I've just been passing a few mins looking at the calendar (in on my own today and not really in work mode :eek: lol) and I've only got 44 WI's till Christmas! :8855: Then I thought........in 44 weeks time I should be 6 stone lighter :D How exciting :giggle:

I wasn't but I am now!! :D I loooove Christmas.

Afternoon Ladies :)
I hope you all don't mind me joining on this thread, Have been following posts for a little while.
I started SW on 5th Jan and have lost 23.5lb so far and hoping to be 6st lighter by 2013 :D hoping its not just a dream!
losing motivation this week - had a particularly 'bad' weekend and only back to sw foods today and WI on Thurs :$
looking forward to getting to know you all :)
Jen x

Welcome aboard Jen, you have done bloody brilliant!! im sure if you are good thursday wont be too bad, i had a serious wobble yesterday and i tell you, this is the place to be without these ladies i would of given up, tell me what is your secret to have lost so much so quickly xxx

Peacedove... ehm no, I haven't done it yet lol. I'm going to do it though, I promise!

Corkscrew... Now I'm excited too.. not neccessarily about Xmas, but about how fab we'll all look!!! We have to post pics of ourselves looking all shmexy at Xmas!

Jengen, welcome in! Well done on the massive weight loss so far, and even if this week is a write-off, you'll have a fab result next week!

I hope you all don't mind me joining on this thread, Have been following posts for a little while.
I started SW on 5th Jan and have lost 23.5lb so far and hoping to be 6st lighter by 2013 :D hoping its not just a dream!
losing motivation this week - had a particularly 'bad' weekend and only back to sw foods today and WI on Thurs :$
Jen x

Wow that's fantastic results so far Jen!
Don't worry about the bad weekend. Plenty of time to get back on track for Thursday. xx

thats what I am trying to think - that even if i do put on this week next week i will make up for it :$
I just really don't want to go on thursday, i dont want a gain in my book (silly i know)
my hubby has said that i have to go tho, which is a good thing as next week wouldn't be good if i didnt!
well just hoping for a sts or min gain :eek:
Paulabeard - thanks :) I have not done anything really just tried to stick to the plan as much as possible and if i ever needed to 'cheat' i had chow mein from chippy as feels really bad but not really :)

Jengen you never know it may not be as bad as you think, try to eat as much SF as possible before anything else, I had a bad weekend last weekend and really stuck to it mon, tue and wed..managed a half pound loss, and if like us you have six stone to lose it is going to have to be a long term plan...the odd gain or sts will happen....we'll be here to see you through though!!! It's not the falling off that's hard it's the climbing back on to the bloomin horse....welcome, will look forward to learning more about you!! xxx

Corkscrew... Now I'm excited too.. not neccessarily about Xmas, but about how fab we'll all look!!! We have to post pics of ourselves looking all shmexy at Xmas!

I don't give 2 hoots about Christmas Mandy, I'm excited about how much smaller we'll all be :D Sod Santa! Just get us the shmexy clothes! :8855:

Welcome to the madhouse Jen :)

I don't give 2 hoots about Christmas Mandy, I'm excited about how much smaller we'll all be :D Sod Santa! Just get us the shmexy clothes! :8855:

Welcome to the madhouse Jen :)

Me too - can't wait to be able to pick up all the sparkly party clothes and not just look for something that fits.

I am also looking forward to having lots of lovely photos of me with my daughter and family over the xmas period and not ducking out of the way every time someone brandishes a camera.

*but I'm a bit excited about christmas too :eek:*

Hi Jen, welcome to the gang!

Mandy fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Girls, the gym was fine yesterday and today. It's totally new fangled and you get a smartcard with all the excercises on and the machines tell you what to do. The only thing not done for you is the actual excercises!

At the end you put your card in and it tells you how many cals you have burnt and therefore how bigger choccie bar you can buy on your way home!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the bike man to call in with my bike, very excited I can tell you :D

I watched the obese programme today and found it very humbling to watch Lee turn his life around, best one of the series.

Whatever you are and whatever you are up to hope all is going well today!

Happy slimming!

Can I join too? I have around about 7 ish stone to lose, so this group will do me just great. I want to get it all off by April next year. I have been at SW since 12th Jan, I am half way through my 6th week and I have lost 22lb so far.

Marie
x

peacedove said:
I too am a Jessie lover.....although to be completely perfect he would need an Irish accent!!! I don't know why but I find the american accent makes everything sound a bit patronising and somewhat false....I'm not saying they are, just that it sounds that way!!! Probably the whole.."have a nice day" thing...said in an american accent ..not a dorset one Lucia...although Jessie with a good strong west country accent might be good!!!.....sorry rambling now!!!
Paula so sorry your having a wobble, it's horrible when you realise you may have been scuppering yourself when you are working so hard. I agree with many of the others, I try and base all my meals around fruit and veg whichever plan I'm on and use meat and carbs as the side dish, for instance last night I had spanish chicken (chicken breasts, tinned tomatoes, peppers,courgette,mushrooms, onions, and bung in spices to taste) then I had carrots and spring greens and a tablespoon of mash.....piled high but mostly veg and not too much chicken or potato, that way I don't feel I'm missing out. Just think with every meal or snack, how can I add some super free to this and you won't go far wrong!!.....first time I did EE I buggered it up completely, wrong HEx's, not enough SF...I was a disaster...we all do it, dut well done for sticking with it...you can do it girl!! I find reading other peoples food diaries helps for ideas, trawl the threads for ideas, it really helps. Big love xxxxx

Peacey- may I ask.. Is that you in your avatar? You look sooooo young and youre a grandparent? Or have a 20 something daughter? :eek: Dayyyuuum girl! LOL you look so good!?

paulabeard said:
Hi Peacedove, thank you, i seriously dont know what i would do without you lovely ladies on here, i really feel like i can do this, i have set up my own diary page now which is helping, iv just been to the gym and had a really good workout, so i feeling very positive xxx

Paula I'll pay a visit to your diary very soon :D

xMandyDx said:
WI tonight! I hate eating before WI lol... I'm not long up (himself got the kids out to school this morning so I could have a nice sleep) so I'll have some breakfast in a bit, and a light snack before WI.... *fingers crossed* but won't be surprised if I don't lose... I've upped my exercise.

I hated eating before WI when I was at group... Let us know how u get on x

Corkscrew said:

LOL you're already thinking of xmas? Silly Billy! Lol

Jengen said:
Jen x

Hey Jen :wave:

That's unbelievable! 2 stones in less than 2 months is amazing! Well done you... I'll add you on right away x
]

Lucia Lucia said:
Hi Jen, welcome to the gang!

Mandy fingers crossed for your weigh in.

Girls, the gym was fine yesterday and today. It's totally new fangled and you get a smartcard with all the excercises on and the machines tell you what to do. The only thing not done for you is the actual excercises!

At the end you put your card in and it tells you how many cals you have burnt and therefore how bigger choccie bar you can buy on your way home!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the bike man to call in with my bike, very excited I can tell you :D

I watched the obese programme today and found it very humbling to watch Lee turn his life around, best one of the series.

Whatever you are and whatever you are up to hope all is going well today!

Happy slimming!

Lucia I'm so glad you had a nice time at the gym! :D

magicmama said:
Can I join in? I have just over 6st to lose and I realise I'm joining a bit later, but would still like to have a go!

Of course... I'll add you Ruhr away xxx

HazeyBlue said:
Can I join too? I have around about 7 ish stone to lose, so this group will do me just great. I want to get it all off by April next year. I have been at SW since 12th Jan, I am half way through my 6th week and I have lost 22lb so far.

Marie
x

Yayyy more new people :D

Of course you can join :D

I'll add you on right away x

Hey girlies...

I went to see my gynaecologist today... He said that my wound has healed :) I'm hoping that It never bleeds again!

Welcome to the new additions.

I've got weigh in tomorrow, not feeling a big loss as have been poorly and am feeling sorry for myself and OH bought me chocolate and I gave in. Made me feel better though and don't regret it. We'll see what the scales say tomorrow. Hope you're all have good a good week!

Wow, loads of people joining us! Hellooooooo!! :D. Looks like you've all got off to a great start. Let us all know what you've been doing :D.

Hey girlies...

I went to see my gynaecologist today... He said that my wound has healed :) I'm hoping that It never bleeds again!

That's good news Rozie, hope you don't have any more trouble :)

Back