>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Corkscrew said:
Well done LisaMarie xx

OMG someone has just come trotting into my office with about 12 massive cream cakes :eek::eek:

Choose one he said :eek::eek: Choose one! lol Despite the fact that I could easily polish two off, I said.........."no thanks Steve, I've just had my lunch and I'm stuffed" :eek::eek: I actually refused a cake :D :woohoo:

A massive well done! For only thinking you could polish off two - is easily demolish the lot! Haha

No but really that's great :) although if he were my college after tempting me so badly he would shortly be found unconscious with cream cakes jammed into all his crevices! Muahahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A massive well done! For only thinking you could polish off two - is easily demolish the lot! Haha

No but really that's great :) although if he were my college after tempting me so badly he would shortly be found unconscious with cream cakes jammed into all his crevices! Muahahaha!

LOL

Well to be fair, he didnt know he was tempting me, he doesn't know I'm following Sw.....Plus he is only a man after all. Bless :D lol

Well done LisaMarie, I'd suggest power walking with your buggy, that is how I first shifted the pounds when my children were little. My daughter (who is now 21!!!) has two good friends with babies and they belong to a local group that go out as a group power buggie walking, maybe there is a group local to you..or maybe you could start one, nice social thing to do and fun for the kids too!! I used to run a little local nursery part time when my children were small, it was a couple of miles away from home and I didn't have a car. My lift stopped when a member of staff moved so I had no choice but to walk....and fast... pushing my youngest in her buggy. I had half an hour from when I dropped my eldest two to school to walk to work so I had to walk at a pace. With out changing my diet I lost a dress size within a few months just from that walking!!.....alternatively...get a dog then you have to go out every day!!! I also try to do something that's fun so maybe see if you can get a simple Zumba dvd and have a nice dance around your living room.....good luck, starting the exercise is hard but once you've pushed yourself out the door or done your dvd you'll feel great, it really does boost your mood. xxxxx

Lisa Marie I meant to add my local Childrens Centre does free buggy walks in the spring and summer terms. Some of them also do exercise classes with creches - there is one near me that does aerobics with a creche for £1 (unfortunately not one I can get to :()

Lisa Marie I meant to add my local Childrens Centre does free buggy walks in the spring and summer terms. Some of them also do exercise classes with creches - there is one near me that does aerobics with a creche for £1 (unfortunately not one I can get to :()

Thanks very much for the ideas :)

I have lots of friends with little ones so we do actually go out for walks already when we can...although we could do with walking faster rather than strolling and chatting haha. I might suggest meeting up with them on a wednesday as I work 4 days a week and this is the only day I spend with my little lady.

Thinking of investing in a hula hoop/skipping rope and getting out in the garden with my daughter as she loves it and seems to be quite a little football player. She also loves to dance so I am sure if I pop an exercise dvd in the player she'll join in with me :)

xx

Thats something to aim for then Lisa. But in my opinion, when I see larger people in the pool I admire their confidence to be there and I admire the fact that they are doing something about their weight. But thats just me.

In my pool there are all sorts of shapes and sizes during the day, its usually full of the over 65s lol.

I would love to think that everybody would think like that! However, I have experienced some nasty/hurtful comments in the past from many different ages and I think that is what has put me off.

My sister is also following slimming world and she has joined a gym. She said the pool at her gym is very very quiet after 7pm and she can get me in for a small price as a guest so I am thinking of giving that a go...maybe in a few months.

Well done LisaMarie, I'd suggest power walking with your buggy, that is how I first shifted the pounds when my children were little. My daughter (who is now 21!!!) has two good friends with babies and they belong to a local group that go out as a group power buggie walking, maybe there is a group local to you..or maybe you could start one, nice social thing to do and fun for the kids too!! I used to run a little local nursery part time when my children were small, it was a couple of miles away from home and I didn't have a car. My lift stopped when a member of staff moved so I had no choice but to walk....and fast... pushing my youngest in her buggy. I had half an hour from when I dropped my eldest two to school to walk to work so I had to walk at a pace. With out changing my diet I lost a dress size within a few months just from that walking!!.....alternatively...get a dog then you have to go out every day!!! I also try to do something that's fun so maybe see if you can get a simple Zumba dvd and have a nice dance around your living room.....good luck, starting the exercise is hard but once you've pushed yourself out the door or done your dvd you'll feel great, it really does boost your mood. xxxxx

Thanks for your suggestions :)

I found 2 dvd's in my cupboard that I have blown the dust off to start doing in the comfort of my own living room for now.

I am more than ready to get the exercise as much a part of my life as the eating is.

My consultant lost 10 stone and she said that she didn't bother with the exercise for the first 5 stone and it took 18 months to shift, the second 5 stone took just 9 months as she joined a gym and had a personal trainer. That is enough inspiration for me to get my ass moving on the body magic :)

MrsLisaMarie said:
I would love to think that everybody would think like that! However, I have experienced some nasty/hurtful comments in the past from many different ages and I think that is what has put me off.

My sister is also following slimming world and she has joined a gym. She said the pool at her gym is very very quiet after 7pm and she can get me in for a small price as a guest so I am thinking of giving that a go...maybe in a few months.

Before I became very large - as a teen I used to swim 6 days a week - I love the water - the only reason I don't go anymore is because of fearing for these comments! People don't realise what damage a simple comment can do to someone - I'm a very strong swimmer but would always be thinking 'I bet that lifeguard is wondering why the hell I'm in here'
I think once I get smaller I'd love to make time to swim again - saying that I tried surfing last year in Newquay and I LoVED it! Only problem was they didn't have a wetsuit for me to fit (the shame of it!!) I've recently tried one on after losing over 2stone and it fit perfectly! And I didn't look like the state I assumed I would! A whole new world is opening up as I'd also love to do a sky dive - kite surfing and other such things which I guess I could do now but it'll be nice to do it without worrying what people ate calling me behind my back

MrsLisaMarie said:
Thanks for your suggestions :)

I found 2 dvd's in my cupboard that I have blown the dust off to start doing in the comfort of my own living room for now.

I am more than ready to get the exercise as much a part of my life as the eating is.

My consultant lost 10 stone and she said that she didn't bother with the exercise for the first 5 stone and it took 18 months to shift, the second 5 stone took just 9 months as she joined a gym and had a personal trainer. That is enough inspiration for me to get my ass moving on the body magic :)

Oh wow that is pretty good to hear! I'm nearly 2.5 stone down and just starting to include body magic daily from this weekend so hope it boosts my loss like it does hers because as it stands right now I'd like to lose (another) 7st 2lbs to get to target - hoping to be there sometime shortly in January :)

Oh wow that is pretty good to hear! I'm nearly 2.5 stone down and just starting to include body magic daily from this weekend so hope it boosts my loss like it does hers because as it stands right now I'd like to lose (another) 7st 2lbs to get to target - hoping to be there sometime shortly in January :)

Yeah I was quite suprised as I didn't think to start on Body Magic just yet. Really wouldn't like to take 18 months to lose my first 5 stone as I really would like to shift at least 6-7 stone in 2012. My weight loss has started to slow down after quite large losses at first and she said SW predict that with food optimising only they would expect a 1-1.5lb loss per week - exercising will lose more inches and more lbs if used along side the diet plan.

MrsLisaMarie said:
Yeah I was quite suprised as I didn't think to start on Body Magic just yet. Really wouldn't like to take 18 months to lose my first 5 stone as I really would like to shift at least 6-7 stone in 2012. My weight loss has started to slow down after quite large losses at first and she said SW predict that with food optimising only they would expect a 1-1.5lb loss per week - exercising will lose more inches and more lbs if used along side the diet plan.

You are totally like me! I had some lovely big loss to begin with - 8, 5's 4's and just recently slowing to 1's and 2's (the odd 3 which is nice) so hence why I'm going to start shifting my butt a bit - I do intend to lose 6st this year though - so I'm right with you there - i only started in oct so if it wasn't for my Christmas gain I'd be 3st lighter now in just 5 months - which is a pretty good amount! so I'm sure it wont take you as long as it did your C :)

Thanks very much for the ideas :)

I have lots of friends with little ones so we do actually go out for walks already when we can...although we could do with walking faster rather than strolling and chatting haha. I might suggest meeting up with them on a wednesday as I work 4 days a week and this is the only day I spend with my little lady.

Thinking of investing in a hula hoop/skipping rope and getting out in the garden with my daughter as she loves it and seems to be quite a little football player. She also loves to dance so I am sure if I pop an exercise dvd in the player she'll join in with me :)

xx

Let us know how doing the exercise dvd goes! I've been getting up early to do mine as I think I'd just end up kicking or elbowing her if she was there (there isn't much room in my lounge)

I have a personal trainer, they call him Jesse.

mmmmmmm :lilkiss::heartpump::faint2:

Oh errrrr, sorry, I was just having a little dream there :copon::busted:

Speaking of exercising... peacedove you are exactly right about the shred. I can't do much of anything today, even though up until bedtime last night I felt perfectly fine. Got out for a walk to do the shopping and pay the bills, but that's about the extent of it.

Emmey, we're weight loss buddies! I also started around October and am 3lbs off 3 stone now. If it wasn't for my own Xmas gain (6.5lbs) I'd be over that mark now!

xMandyDx said:
Speaking of exercising... peacedove you are exactly right about the shred. I can't do much of anything today, even though up until bedtime last night I felt perfectly fine. Got out for a walk to do the shopping and pay the bills, but that's about the extent of it.

Emmey, we're weight loss buddies! I also started around October and am 3lbs off 3 stone now. If it wasn't for my own Xmas gain (6.5lbs) I'd be over that mark now!

Such a great loss Mandy! :) I did two days f the shred a few weeks ago but had to stop due to an injury (not Shred related) but after the first session aside from feeling a little sick (lol) I felt fine! The next morning however I could hardly move! Bits of me Hurt that I never knew could! lol
Starting it again this Saturday and plan to stick to it for the full 30 days - so we can lose weight and be cripple together lol

Help quick advice needed, having an unplanned chinese in min i can change my day to ee, if i had plain boiled rice and chicken and mushrooms how many syns is this or would it be free!!!! Heeeeellllppppp xxx

Chicken in black bean is nice and thats only 5I think.

Im off to WI in an hour. Why do I feel nervous?

Because you're a silly billy? :D lol I know what you mean though, I get excited and nervous all at the same time! lol

Good luck Marie xx Come back reporting you've lost an Armadillo! :8855:

Back