>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I have my first weigh in tonight so am really hoping that it goes well!! :S
I've had a couple of hiccups with my Nan's birthday and breaking up with a long-term boyfriend but onwards and upwards :D:D

Thanks you guys, im gonna like it in here, you all sound really friendly and yes, a bit mad, lol! I'm a bit mad too, lol, so hopefully I'll fit in :) I can't wait to lose 6 stone in a year, it will make such a difference to my life! I want my life back, you know what I mean?! I'm fed up of missing out and pretending I don't want to do stuff when really its my weight that's physically holding me back. Me and hubby (he's slim) went shopping yesterday as we needed some new clothes and I needed some shoes too. We went to Premark and hubby can just pick stuff up and say "yep I'll have that" me, I struggled to find anything, it was depressing but I'm using these moments as inspiration to succeed! Ahhh man, I've rambled on there, sorry guys I was getting abit too serious then, lol!

Don't apologise, I'm sure we can all relate to that feeling. Sometimes you can't say these things to people who don't have weight problem, definitely helps to share. :D

I've had a couple of hiccups with my Nan's birthday and breaking up with a long-term boyfriend but onwards and upwards :D:D

Good Luck tonight! :) SW is as much about changing attitude as well as the food we eat. Life's ups and downs can interfere at times but hopefully we're going to learn to comfort or celebrate using other things rather than food.

Like shoes! ;) :8855:

Me too Ellen. 12 months with no (well not much :giggle:) messing :D It's ok if it takes a little longer though. Another concept I've finally grasped.........even when I'm done losing, I'll still be a SW to maintain :D

Coming on here and chatting is such a good motivator isn't it? :D
l

I think it really is just a matter of seeing it as a lifestyle change and you are going to have splurges, that's life. If you restrict yourself too much you give too much power to the food or drink and you get issues with guilt and can drive you a bit mental so it's just learning to get a balance in my opinion. I do not want to be on here again in a few years saying I gained the weight I lost... This IS the last time I will be this size (unless I get pregnant...and even then I won't let myself get to this weight unless I happened to be carrying octuplets or something!

Chatting with people in a similar situation definitely helps.

Thanks you guys, im gonna like it in here, you all sound really friendly and yes, a bit mad, lol! I'm a bit mad too, lol, so hopefully I'll fit in :) I can't wait to lose 6 stone in a year, it will make such a difference to my life! I want my life back, you know what I mean?! I'm fed up of missing out and pretending I don't want to do stuff when really its my weight that's physically holding me back. Me and hubby (he's slim) went shopping yesterday as we needed some new clothes and I needed some shoes too. We went to Premark and hubby can just pick stuff up and say "yep I'll have that" me, I struggled to find anything, it was depressing but I'm using these moments as inspiration to succeed! Ahhh man, I've rambled on there, sorry guys I was getting abit too serious then, lol!

I am also looking forward to going into a shop and thinking 'I likt this, where is my size' rather then 'this is in my size, it'll do'.

We can do serious too... just less often lol

Good luck for tonight, sure you'll have a great loss, and breaking up with an unwanted partner is a great way to lose unwanted weight in one fell swoop.

Don't apologise, I'm sure we can all relate to that feeling. Sometimes you can't say these things to people who don't have weight problem, definitely helps to share. :D

Good Luck tonight! :) SW is as much about changing attitude as well as the food we eat. Life's ups and downs can interfere at times but hopefully we're going to learn to comfort or celebrate using other things rather than food.

Like shoes! ;) :8855:

Here here!

ellen83 said:
I think it really is just a matter of seeing it as a lifestyle change and you are going to have splurges, that's life. If you restrict yourself too much you give too much power to the food or drink and you get issues with guilt and can drive you a bit mental so it's just learning to get a balance in my opinion. I do not want to be on here again in a few years saying I gained the weight I lost... This IS the last time I will be this size (unless I get pregnant...and even then I won't let myself get to this weight unless I happened to be carrying octuplets or something!

I am also looking forward to going into a shop and thinking 'I likt this, where is my size' rather then 'this is in my size, it'll do'.

We can do serious too... just less often lol

Good luck for tonight, sure you'll have a great loss, and breaking up with an unwanted partner is a great way to lose unwanted weight in one fell swoop.

Here here!

Yep I'm fed up of saying every summer "if I'd of stuck to it I would of been at target" well no more! Can't wait to buy a whole new wardrobe, yippee! Lol!
LOL at the "We can do serious too... just less often lol"

Yep I'm fed up of saying every summer "if I'd of stuck to it I would of been at target" well no more! Can't wait to buy a whole new wardrobe, yippee! Lol!

This is my first proper diet since being a kid (that's what put me off really). This is the first time in my life I know I will be slimmer, its not IF its WHEN. I can't wait to have a HUGE choice of clothes rather than HUGE clothes lol

Couldn't agree more Ellen :) xx

:8855: Octuplets!! :8855:

Me too! lol

Ooooo I'm very agreeable today :eek: :giggle:

Couldn't agree more Ellen :) xx

:8855: Octuplets!! :8855:

To be honest If I ended up with octuplets I think a bit of chunk would be the least of my worries!

This is my first proper diet since being a kid (that's what put me off really). This is the first time in my life I know I will be slimmer, its not IF its WHEN. I can't wait to have a HUGE choice of clothes rather than HUGE clothes lol

That's why I love this thread- I think we can all relate to the- what is there in my size, does it look vaguely ok mode of shopping

I am going to be lethal when I get to a 16 - never mind to target :D

To be honest If I ended up with octuplets I think a bit of chunk would be the least of my worries!

I'm agreeing with this too! lol OMG can you imagine having that many babies all at once :eek: You'd NEVER sleep! lol

That's why I love this thread- I think we can all relate to the- what is there in my size, does it look vaguely ok mode of shopping

Yup, I agree with you :D It's good to be among folks who 'get it' :)

I might be lethal too :giggle:

Oh I get quite excited at the prospect of just floating into a shop on a cloud of 'slimness' (lol) and picking up anything I fancy knowing that it will fit :D

Thanks everyone!! Will make sure I let you all know how it goes tonight :D:D

I so agree with everyone, I've got the mindset now that its going to be 'when' I fit into my thin clothes not 'if,' I can't imagine walking into a shop picking up a dress and knowing that it will most likely look good when I get it home, and if it doesn't it'll be down to the shape or style of the dress, not the shape of me!!!!

I might need help once im slimmer because it's likely I'll dress like some sort of street walker in tight knickers and a bra just because I CAN

Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I might need help once im slimmer because it's likely I'll dress like some sort of street walker in tight knickers and a bra just because I CAN

Lol!

:8855: :8855:

Lol!

After we've all lost our 6 st we can do a group walk in our underwear!

Emmey1 said:

Lol!

Roflmao

Lol!

you crack me up, but i so know where your coming from with this lol!! xx

I can't keep up with this thread :cry:
I should do the 'Minimins diet' - every time I feel hungry, log into this thread and I will have killed an hour before I remember I'm hungry again :D

I am feeling pretty good today. We've got my mum staying with us at the moment and although she is eating SW meals with me I have told her not to feel she has to diet just because I am and we've got some extra snacks in the house. She keeps apologising every time she tucks into a bag of crisps, scone or whatever and I said it doesn't bother me. The amazing thing is...it's true! I don't feel tempted at all by all the extras, I am loving my SW friendly food and I know if I especially wanted the naughty stuff I could have it.

I've never felt this much in control on a diet.

:heartpump: Slimming World.

Wish she would stop pinching my choccy philly though :p

rockchick72 said:

Me too lol, size 16 here we come!!!

Emmey1 said:

Lol!

ROFL

Back