>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Iv just seen on another thread , people who think eating healthy is more expensive are basically wrong cause this lady did a healthy shop for £23!, is it just me or does anybody else completely think the opposite to this? Firstly, £23 in my house wouldnt even cover the toilet roll, shampoos, shower gel etc let alone start on the food!. It costs me loads more to eat healthy than to buy junk, plus having to buy fresh fruit and salad, it just doesnt last all week so have to keep going in and topping up?? is it just me!!! xx

I think it's more expensive to eat healthy, so its not just you :D I can spend £23 just on fruit and veg! lol I spend way more than I did pre SW.......mind I spent more on wine and vodka, so it evens out for me :giggle:

I dont know how anyone can do a weeks shop for £23!

paulabeard said:
Iv just seen on another thread , people who think eating healthy is more expensive are basically wrong cause this lady did a healthy shop for £23!, is it just me or does anybody else completely think the opposite to this? Firstly, £23 in my house wouldnt even cover the toilet roll, shampoos, shower gel etc let alone start on the food!. It costs me loads more to eat healthy than to buy junk, plus having to buy fresh fruit and salad, it just doesnt last all week so have to keep going in and topping up?? is it just me!!! xx

I find it more expensive but i can do a weeks shop for about £35 for me and my son if not a tad less but not including excessive amounts of cleaning things - just the usual loo rolls and foil/cling film :) but I buy everything economy apart from meat. From loo roll to pasta etc. I buy lots if frozen veg and fruit, that's much cheaper. I find the expense is fresh veg and fruit and I would easily say almost half my wages go on fruit and veg. :( I just bulk things out with frozen veg and fruits.

Roziee said:
Oh well what can we do paula? I know, just carry on losing weight :p

No point int being depressed.. I can't imagine my life not being sw now.

Roziee excellent attitude.. I'm sure next week it'll be better! Either way like you said, sw is way of life and your living it :)

Xx

paulabeard said:

Oh no I've found it to be cheaper! When I take out the crap and also the take aways and buy fruit and veg from a market not a supermarket im Saving about. £20 a week on the supermarket shopping alone - let alone the none take away savings - however that might just be cause I really did eat a lot of crap lol (a really lot lol)

My other half and our lab bailey used to spend £80ish on our weekly supermarket visit - now its more like £60 - £70 max and that includes all fresh meat fruit and veg and decent 'labled' stuff household stuff - there is just us three tho (dog eats his own food - not ours)

We've been much more savvy lately for shopping - where we used to get it all in one place I now save a good £10minimum on going to the market for fruit and veg - and I find it's nicer too! And places like home bargains for household stuff like freezer bags etc - so it means walking around a bit more - body magic lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well i used to spend £100 per week for 5 and that would last all week so no need to top up, im spending now at least £120 on big shop then probably another £30 here and there on top up stuff?, i wish i hadnt of replied to the other thread now, i think iv upset her , i didnt mean to xxx

can you find it by searching which posts iv commented on? xx

its called Healthy eating , more expensive than junk

paulabeard said:
well i used to spend £100 per week for 5 and that would last all week so no need to top up, im spending now at least £120 on big shop then probably another £30 here and there on top up stuff?, i wish i hadnt of replied to the other thread now, i think iv upset her , i didnt mean to xxx

Ooops! You weren't being mean Paula so don't worry - I totally agree - it frustrates the heck out of me to pay so much more for extra lean mince compared to normal mince for example!

Ooops! You weren't being mean Paula so don't worry - I totally agree - it frustrates the heck out of me to pay so much more for extra lean mince compared to normal mince for example!

I really didnt, i was just saying that from my point of view it is more expensive, mince is £2.40 extra lean is £6.00!! thats just one example, but nevermind hey cant win em all xxx

Nah you weren't being mean or anything.. I think you have to really carefully plan healthy eating and shop in fifteen places to buy cheap stuff, but who can be bothered with that!

I was worried in case i came across argumentative , i kept re-reading what id put lol xx
Muis is off to go and find it herself. Being nosey, she has to check it out herself.......;)

.. I think you have to really carefully plan healthy eating and shop in fifteen places to buy cheap stuff, but who can be bothered with that!

Not me! lol

I was worried in case i came across argumentative , i kept re-reading what id put lol xx

I think she did - you didn't :D

Muis is off to go and find it herself. Being nosey, she has to check it out herself.......;)

And what conclusion did Muis come to? :D

Not me! lol

And what conclusion did Muis come to? :D
I agree with Corkscrew. She became angry. You just stated the facts.

Just posted on there myself.;) Now you can go and see if I was naughty or nice! Just kidding:D

Last edited:
I agree with Corkscrew. She became angry. You just stated the facts.

Just posted on there myself.;) Now you can go and see if I was naughty or nice! Just kidding:D

Lol I'm looking anyway :giggle:

Back