>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Mornin' all! Hope you're all ok, losses are going well so looks like you are! And anyone who gained or STS, the fact that you're here and posting means you'll be back on track in no time. We seem to be losing people a few people tho... has anyone heard from Dory lately?

I'm not having a good week! I haven't actually gone off plan but I've had no routine so don't feel in control at all. I've had too many social things either side of the normal weekend and some of my old habits are slipping in. I had to run my parents to the airport this morning so was up at 4. Then I ran my daughter up to Leicester so hubby could use her car this week (he sold his but now can't find one he wants to buy, idiot!). Anyways... I got back at 9.30 and caught myself thinking 'what can I eat' thinking I deserve something extra because I got up early and would have a long day. I'm resisting so far but I'm a bit worried how old behaviours can come back to the surface so quickly.

Sorry I'm waffling on... need to keep my hands occupied :D:D

I'm wanting your opinion on this statement my consultant made the other day that 'all plans (EE, green and red) are all as effective as the other in terms of weight loss, so it doesn't matter which one you follow.'

I slightly disagree with this statement as I know if I could manage to follow red for a whole week I would lose a lot more, as I have done in the past. However, I find it quite expensive to do and it doesn't fit into family life as well as EE and I love pasta and rice.

What does everyone else think??

Afternoon all

Well i was bad this week and put on 5.5 at WI :(. That was yesterday so totally stuck to plan yesterday and today so far :)

x

At the start of the year I was 358lbs and my first goal is 200lb which is mammoth 11stone to lose. I have until my 40th next November (2013) to get to 200 or less. I started at the end of last year just before xmas so far this year I have lost 23lbs and I struggle with the curse of PCOS.

weight.png

I'm wanting your opinion on this statement my consultant made the other day that 'all plans (EE, green and red) are all as effective as the other in terms of weight loss, so it doesn't matter which one you follow.'

I slightly disagree with this statement as I know if I could manage to follow red for a whole week I would lose a lot more, as I have done in the past. However, I find it quite expensive to do and it doesn't fit into family life as well as EE and I love pasta and rice.

Hey, I think it depends on each individual, i love EE but i dont lose weight on it, i love green days but also dont lose weight on it, so i do red days, i think it really depends alot on how each persons body works xxx

Guaranteed gain this week. Had a my niece's confirmation on Friday, St. Patrick's Day Saturday, and Mother's Day Sunday. Big weekend, lots of drinks, and bad, baaaad food choices. Thoroughly enjoyed it though haha. I reckon about 4lb up!

Mandy I have been terrible!! Drank Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, completely off plan on Saturday and Sunday, had a chocolate bar on Monday night and have just eaten a couple of sarnies in a lunch meeting (after I ate my lunch earlie so as not to be tempted!!)...I am half tempted not to go to WI on Wednesday because I am so worried how I'll respond to a large gain....but also know I probably need the kick up the bum tomorrow so I don't keep on over doing it with my syns!!....rubbish!! x

Just watching the obese US version. Oh my word, there is something very strange about the relationship with her Mother and I'll bet thats the root of her getting big.

Did anyone else see it?

Hmmm- I think there are really good examples of people losing well on all plans. I also think that if you hand on heart do them to the letter (ie stopping when you are full and 1/3 superfree on EE) then they probably are.

I do think though they don't all always suit everyone. For example, I think a lot of people doing EE don't eat enough superfree and I know on Green days I can be tempted to eat more pasta or mash potato then I actually need - if you see what I mean

I completely disagree with your consultant and the fact that she says all 3 plans are as effective as each other. We are all different people, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. There's only one effective plan for me, and that's red. I don't lose weight on EE and I gain on green. I think it's just a matter of finding out what suits your body best really.
Mmmmm I guess they are all effective, just not effective for everyone :D lol

Just watching the obese US version. Oh my word, there is something very strange about the relationship with her Mother and I'll bet thats the root of her getting big.

Did anyone else see it?

I watched it Lucia and found the mother to be very cold towards her daughter. I reckon you could be right about her attitude being to blame for why her daughter got so big. Some folk are just crap parents :(

I keep missing it Lucia!! you guys seem to be firm fans though..Corky and Emmy were talking about it earlier on the thread!....when is it on?

Monday 9pm Sky1 :)

Do you think the Mother might have been uncomfortable being on camera?...just a thought? x

Nah, she was just a cow lol

Did anyone else see it?
Mum basically said on camera that she can not change her personality to show happiness, when her daughter lost 100lb. When daughter lost ?206lb(can not remember anymore) in the end she smiled to the camera and said she now has her daughter back. Looks like she is just going through thr motions. Smile never reached her eyes. The total strangers from the fire department was happier for her than her mother.

I would like to see this programme, what's it called?

I always lose lots on red but eating high amounts of meat is just not a way of life to me, I might as well be on atkins. I do try to do it as I must admit I've struggled on EE since it came in, but my consultant harps on like its the best thing ever.

I've even done food diaries where superfree dominates everything else and lost 1 and a half pounds compared to the 3, 4 or 5 pounds I used to lose last time I did it on red and green!

It's called Obese - A Year to Save My Life. :)

Well I don't eat high amounts of meat. I don't think there's anything about SW Red days that even remotely resemble the Atkins diet. I'm puzzled why you would say the red plan isn't a way of life :confused: We're all different I guess, because it's my idea of a good, sustainable plan. Easy and healthy.

I do red quite a lot but don't eat tons and tons of meat - my last few diaries show typical red days - and of course you are having bread, cereal bars, Jacket spud etc and not loads of lard so not like Atkins at all I guess

I wonder if we all had a bash at that when it was popular!

I completely disagree with your consultant and the fact that she says all 3 plans are as effective as each other. We are all different people, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. There's only one effective plan for me, and that's red. I don't lose weight on EE and I gain on green. I think it's just a matter of finding out what suits your body best really.
Mmmmm I guess they are all effective, just not effective for everyone :D lol

I think that was what I was trying to say Corky -looking back it didn't quite come across exactly right :eek: I didn't mean people who said it didn't work weren't doing it right (although I think there are some people who probably aren't :D) I think there are people who have done EE exactly to the letter and it isn't great for them. I don't lose well on Green either but I think that's because of my natural greed for the carbs :sigh: which I don't seem to have with red days

Red with a few green and extra easy thrown in works for me :)

Last edited:
Yep a gain, as predicted. Although it wasn't as massive as I had thought. 2lb. 2lb for an entire weekends' bender haha, not too bad. Although if I'm not careful, it'll turn around and bite me this week! So have to stick to it 100% this week. No frigging about, no messing around.

On the plus side, the renovations are coming along nicely. The bathroom is done, and gorgeous, and the new paper is up on the stair-way-wall... you know the really high wall going up a stairs? Yup... repapered. It's fab! Cream with golden floral print, but it glitters!!! Bling, bling!

The garden was coming along really lovely, but the dog escaped her run (I swear she's Houdini reincarnated!) again and ate most of my new plants, tore a flower bed apart (did she actually have a screw-driver, or what?!) and ate part of one of my new bamboo screens, as well as tracking mud (we dug up all the old grass and just have muck there now until the new grass grows) through all the new sandy colored stone bordering the patio. Thank GOD she didn't eat any of the new furniture!! But really peed off that I have to replace the plants, with money I don't have!

The house is totally upside-down still, though, as we have to paint every room, and I've given up trying to keep the house sparkling clean until it's done. I think the disorder in the house is making it harder to stick to plan. Does that sound mental, or what?! I'm finding old habits creeping back in. Easier to grab a sandwich rather than cook something, even though I've already had my bread for the day. And simpler to have some fried chips and egg rather than peel, chip and oven bake some SW chips.

Kick up the bum needed, please!

Peacedove... go to your WI. I'm glad I did, even though it was only to confirm a gain. It means I haven't given up. If I'd stayed home and said I'd go next week with a loss rather than this weeks' gain, I'd never have gone again.

Yep a gain, as predicted. Although it wasn't as massive as I had thought. 2lb. 2lb for an entire weekends' bender haha, not too bad. Although if I'm not careful, it'll turn around and bite me this week! So have to stick to it 100% this week. No frigging about, no messing around.

On the plus side, the renovations are coming along nicely. The bathroom is done, and gorgeous, and the new paper is up on the stair-way-wall... you know the really high wall going up a stairs? Yup... repapered. It's fab! Cream with golden floral print, but it glitters!!! Bling, bling!

The garden was coming along really lovely, but the dog escaped her run (I swear she's Houdini reincarnated!) again and ate most of my new plants, tore a flower bed apart (did she actually have a screw-driver, or what?!) and ate part of one of my new bamboo screens, as well as tracking mud (we dug up all the old grass and just have muck there now until the new grass grows) through all the new sandy colored stone bordering the patio. Thank GOD she didn't eat any of the new furniture!! But really peed off that I have to replace the plants, with money I don't have!

The house is totally upside-down still, though, as we have to paint every room, and I've given up trying to keep the house sparkling clean until it's done. I think the disorder in the house is making it harder to stick to plan. Does that sound mental, or what?! I'm finding old habits creeping back in. Easier to grab a sandwich rather than cook something, even though I've already had my bread for the day. And simpler to have some fried chips and egg rather than peel, chip and oven bake some SW chips.

Kick up the bum needed, please!

Peacedove... go to your WI. I'm glad I did, even though it was only to confirm a gain. It means I haven't given up. If I'd stayed home and said I'd go next week with a loss rather than this weeks' gain, I'd never have gone again.

:asskick: There you go! Well done for getting back on it, just a minor blip in the scheme of things. House sounds like it will be lovely when it's done (if you can keep the dog out :D:D), hang on in there, i'm sure it'll be worth it. I know exactly what you mean about being out of routine and falling back into bad habits, I've been the same this week. In fact a few people have mentioned going off the rails abit, maybe it's because we're all a few weeks in now and need to shake things up a bit.

Peacedove, I totally agree with Mandy. Go to get weighed, might not be as bad as you think. It's a slippery slope trying to catch up. I'm an expert at letting that exact situation get the better of me. :D

Thanks for the line Corky :)

Shame I didn't collect it earlier before I ate the baked potato with cheese and coleslaw lol.

Back