>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Not too bad all things considered pd

Back on it and a stonking loss next week!

Lets hope so lovely....off to Mallorca in a couple of weeks time to see my family, the youngest and I are staying in an all inclusive Spa and hotel for five nights....back for one night then off to a gig in Oxford and making a whole weekend of it by staying in our bus and exporing Oxford for a few days, Mr PD's late father went to Uni there and he's always wanted to visit....very lovely but I'm not sure how the holiday spirit will impact on my weight loss!!! I have also just applied today for another job, same place better money and holiday!! I am outwardly very confident but I find the whole interview process very stressful!!....especially the observed teaching part!!!....and the bigging yourself up stuff!!....and stress would usually make me reach for the bread bin...may need some support ladies!! xxx

Elle15 said:
Hi all, was wondering if it's too late to join this?
Would love to have something to work towards like this (and think its always better to do it with like minded people)
Only started on Monday but have Over half of my body weight to lose (ouch, that hurts saying it that way!)
Thanks
Elle xxx

:wavey:

I have the same amount to lose too so you're not alone... I'll add u on to the list xxx

Emmey1 said:
Plus if you go to a group you get a shiny sticker every 7lbs! That's the only reason i am losing weight, stickers!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:8855: what adults will do for reward eh..

fatbgone said:
"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."

Thought this was lovely and related to us ..! I was so tempted to eat a 1kg Easter egg last night but had this sent to me and though oooooh :)

Fantastic quote fatbgone! :)

peacedove said:
Well I gained half a pound this week....as the kids so elequently put it....meah!!! I knew it was coming have syned and then some!! fully deserved...back on it this week!! x

peacedove said:
Lets hope so lovely....off to Mallorca in a couple of weeks time to see my family, the youngest and I are staying in an all inclusive Spa and hotel for five nights....back for one night then off to a gig in Oxford and making a whole weekend of it by staying in our bus and exporing Oxford for a few days, Mr PD's late father went to Uni there and he's always wanted to visit....very lovely but I'm not sure how the holiday spirit will impact on my weight loss!!! I have also just applied today for another job, same place better money and holiday!! I am outwardly very confident but I find the whole interview process very stressful!!....especially the observed teaching part!!!....and the bigging yourself up stuff!!....and stress would usually make me reach for the bread bin...may need some support ladies!! xxx

You can do this PD :bliss:

Stay strong.. Do some brisk walking in the fresh air whilst you're away to compensate any extra cals you eat.. But enjoy yourself xxx

2 and a half of for me yipeeee:D

I have managed to stay on the wagon the past two days lol. I found tonight very difficult though, as I was home alone, with the kids in bed, and nothing to do besides laundry... and after being a little piggy at the weekend, I suppose I got used to eating what/when I wanted, and really struggled not to reach into the fridge for a sandwich or throw a handful of chips in the fryer.
But I managed...barely...to keep the snacks to syns and fruit. Let's heat it for recovered will-power!

Hope you're all keeping well... don't have time to catch up on all the posts, as I'm just about to hit the hay, and seem to spend most of my time either decorating, keeping the baby amused while someone else decorates, or cleaning up after the decorating lol.
Only three more rooms to paint, plus the downstairs woodwork, and then can really concentrate on finishing the garden.
Phew!

Have to say, I'm kind of hoping my little "blip" last week has reset my system. All those undeserved gains and STSs since Xmas have really knocked my confidence in the plan. Actually had my first real "sod it, I'm fed up now!" moment last week, and considered giving up. But here I am, still chipping away. I'll get there in the end!

Well iv lost another pound im very pleased as its star week xxx

Well done for sticking at it Mandy, you'll be so glad you didn't give up when you look back. I'm sure when your house is all done and you get back to a proper routine it'll get easier. You might not be seeing the results you want at the moment but stick with it and you will. Imagine how you would feel a year from now if you give up. That's my main motivation now, I was sooo annoyed with myself for not sticking with it and not only did I not lose weight last year I put on stone!!

On that note... 3lb off for me this week :D Very happy with that :D

Well done Mandy for sticking with it!! I know what you mean about the getting back into the swing of it after a blip, Mothersday was lovely, enjoyed a day of having whatever I fancied but it was so difficult to get back on it for the rest of the week!!...just popping things in my mouth without even thinking about it where as before Sunday I wouldn't have even thought about it.
Well I am hoping to draw a line under last week and have a really good couple of weeks before my holiday. Worked late last night, got in at 9 o'clock to find the PD family had had an Indian takeaway in my absence. Usually I would of hovered up all the left overs and added some bread and butter to my plate as well, this time I ignored the nan bread, the popodums and the bajis and samosas and the korma and finished the boiled rice, half a portion of lamb rogan josh and the salad that came with the popodoms....and felt satisfied!! The SW book says 6.5 syns for an avarage portion of lamb rogan.....so I'm calling it 6.5 syns and happy with that for a treat!!
I very stupidly said I'd do the sport relief mile with my lovely level one students but the others heard about it and know I'm having to do three miles with three different groups!!!......and I haven't even walked the dog yet....lot's of body majic for me today!!
We are off to a friends for dinner tonight, I have put of going a couple of times because he is such an amazing cook I find it difficult to resist!! He made a comment to Mr PD about me avoiding him so I am going tonight, he is cooking fajhitas, I'm thinking if I have the chicken and salad but not the tortilla's, cheese, guacamole and sour cream I should be o.k.....what do you think?

Aww good luck on your 3 miles!! I find once I get going its not too bad. My little 5 yo can walk miles and miles so I think if he can do it, I can do it. Xx

We're here - there are loads of good choices you can make on hols. grilled fish, lots of lovely salad and fruit. I have finally got myself out of the attitude that a holiday is all or nothing. This year came back and STS after still having drinkies and some ice creams/puddings but also had lots of really good on plan food

Edit- and I am sure the fajitas will be fine if you just go for what you have suggested - see you already make good choices!

Well ladies, I went to try on wedding dresses today... I tried on the 'thinspiration' dress from my avatar pic. I was so worried I'd be disappointed after months and months of fantasising about it and trying it on in a size 22 (when am going to be much smaller by then) that it would look awful and I'd feel fat etc etc... well OMG, it was stunning, and I felt stunning (even at size 22!). I did try on several dresses but none compared. Am so excited!

Wedding dresses def come up very small to size as well x

Well ladies, I went to try on wedding dresses today... I tried on the 'thinspiration' dress from my avatar pic. I was so worried I'd be disappointed after months and months of fantasising about it and trying it on in a size 22 (when am going to be much smaller by then) that it would look awful and I'd feel fat etc etc... well OMG, it was stunning, and I felt stunning (even at size 22!). I did try on several dresses but none compared. Am so excited!
I am so happy for you! You deserve it!

When do you get married Ellen? Have you got a size in mind? It's a beautiful dress btw, you're going to feel like a princess :)

Wedding dresses def come up very small to size as well x

Well it was a corseted back but was still nicer then 24/26 lol

I am so happy for you! You deserve it!

Thanks hun!

When do you get married Ellen? Have you got a size in mind? It's a beautiful dress btw, you're going to feel like a princess :)

July 5th 2013, hoping to be a 14 or less by then. I felt like a princess just trying it on, didn't want to take it off!

ellen83 said:

It does look a beautiful dress, bet you looked stunning :)

It does look a beautiful dress, bet you looked stunning :)

Well the friend I took with me was speechless (and that says something as she is a south west country lass lol)

To buy the dress from the shop would cost £1680 (or if I ordered this weekend £1344) plus fitting costs which is WAY out my budget but am hoping to order from a lady in Northampton and get it for just under £300 (she also offered 100% money back guarantee). I just hope it's as nice. I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a dress, I'd continually be thinking about what I could have spent it on doing things with my boys IYKWIM

That's a big saving, I know which I would choose. I sometimes look at my wedding dress and think how much I spent on it, nearly £1000 which was a lot in 1998. I'm divorced now lol.

I know I will miss out on fittings etc but its just SO much money.

Back