>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Well best of luck hun hope ya win then I wanna see ya on th actual voice or x factor u go girl

If I win this round I get to go to the all Ireland final in May.... 20,000 in prize money...

Bloody hell thats fab hun

I cant even leave th house by myself at th min due to depression but hopefully i'll get to my local again soon

I cant even leave th house by myself at th min due to depression but hopefully i'll get to my local again soon

Sorry being a bloke, not really sure what to say to you now!!
Hope you are ok and remember when you feel low, things will get better!!
Do your friends know how you feel at the moment? I know when I have felt rock bottom in the past its not easy to tell anyone!!

Yeah everyone knows and some people accept it others dont think depression is an illness my mam is my rock tho nd dont worry about "being a bloke" lol ya not th 1st person who doesn't know wot to say nd i'm sure ya wont be the last i'm getting there was diagnosed new years eve 2009 so i'm dealing wit it slowly but surely when I lose weight it should be easier coz I get paranoid people are talking about me so when i'm slimmer they'll only be saying wow look at her she looks great haha

I suffered a bout of depression after I had my youngest. For a full year I barely even got dressed in the mornings. I'm sure there were times I went days without so much as brushing my hair. I thought everyone was making snide remarks and nasty comments about me. I was sure my kids hated me and that my OH was having an affair. I went to the doctor and sobbed all over the office, I needed help!
I was put on meds, but I absolutely despise taking medication, and 9 times out of 10 forget to take antibiotics or other things, so I just decided one day that I wasn't taking them anymore. I stopped, and felt worse for a while. But then I realised that nobody could get me out of this, nobody could even help me out of this, but me.

I forced myself up out of bed every morning, and then forced myself to get dressed and do my hair and put on some make up, and look nice. Then I made myself go out the front door for at least an hour or two every day. Most times it was just out for a walk with my friend, or call into someone for a cuppa. I hated doing it. I really did. I despised everyone and didn't want to see anyone. I was perfectly happy being depressed, really... as long as I was left alone with no one to bother me.
But I done it. And always afterward I would be glad I had done it. Still the next morning, even knowing I'd be glad after, I had to force myself to do it again....and again.....

After a while it wasn't quite so hard to get dressed anymore. Wasn't even so hard to get out the door for a while. I still didn't like doing it, didn't see the point, but I done it. And then eventually, (I couldn't even tell you when!) it wasn't hard anymore at all. I was doing it because I wanted to do it. These days I will still lounge around the house in my pj's if I feel like it, but the thoughts of going anywhere don't inspire fear and hatred and panic anymore. I enjoy staying home, and I enjoy going out too.

You'll get there in the end, too hun x x x

Thank you for that message hun I go out wit my mam nd I normally wander just a few aisles away so I know where she is but i'm still by myself if that makes sense lol decided to go to sw tomorrow instead of may coz although my mam comes too I enjoy being out and I even speak up in class which used yo be a huge fear i'm getting there but my god its hard its nice hearing a success story tho well done hun xxx

I also had post natal depression. Forced myself to leave the house. It is hard, but it does get easier the more you do it. Good support also helps a lot!!!

A STS for me this week, which I'm actually pretty happy with after the weekend. Going to be totally angelic now until Sunday night and then straight back on it Monday morning.

fatbgone said:
Thank you... I did say I didn't look good in it at all. Just as I said I didn't look good in the 16 .. its a confidence boost to me to be able to get into it.

I'm sad to see I wrote that and felt glowing and everyone feels I've taken the Piss. That's not my intentions at all. :(

No bother petal,, people need together off their high horse, they wouldn't say it in group so why say it typing behind a computer ? Don't let it bring u down, u know how far you have come.

emzybop said:
No bother petal,, people need together off their high horse, they wouldn't say it in group so why say it typing behind a computer ? Don't let it bring u down, u know how far you have come.

Nothing I say on here is something I wouldn't say stood in front of a person in real life. And there was certainly no 'high horse' and yes that does include what I said to fatbegone. I don't DO hiding behind computers. And considering you don't know me, other than reading words, you have no legitimate reason to say 'people' need to 'get off their high horse' I was on a perfectly level and honest ground when I spoke. As I am now. So instead of just, basically doing what your complaining about, which is talking at people from behind your computer, keep your opinions on people you don't know to yourself because on both accounts (the hiding and the high horse) you were wrong

My response was to what I had read based on the facts given, as we're Corkys- where as yours are accusations and un-needed because frankly what I said was of no concern to you. I am more than happy to talk to fatbegone, if she feels the need to do so over DM - but as far as anything else goes - what was said was said and concerns nobody else therefore consider it over and done with and move on - this matter actually ended a few pages ago and perhaps didn't need brining up again just so you could be a big protector.

I thank you, and goodnight.

Nothing I say on here is something I wouldn't say stood in front of a person in real life. And there was certainly no 'high horse' and yes that does include what I said to fatbegone. I don't DO hiding behind computers. And considering you don't know me, other than reading words, you have no legitimate reason to say 'people' need to 'get off their high horse' I was on a perfectly level and honest ground when I spoke. As I am now. So instead of just, basically doing what your complaining about, which is talking at people from behind your computer, keep your opinions on people you don't know to yourself because on both accounts (the hiding and the high horse) you were wrong

My response was to what I had read based on the facts given, as we're Corkys- where as yours are accusations and un-needed because frankly what I said was of no concern to you. I am more than happy to talk to fatbegone, if she feels the need to do so over DM - but as far as anything else goes - what was said was said and concerns nobody else therefore consider it over and done with and move on - this matter actually ended a few pages ago and perhaps didn't need brining up again just so you could be a big protector.

I thank you, and goodnight.

I totally agree Ems! Now if nobody else minds, can we get back to this being a good thread like it was before all this crap?

Sooooo, hasn't the weather taken a turn for the worse? :D

Corkscrew said:
I totally agree Ems! Now if nobody else minds, can we get back to this being a good thread like it was before all this crap?

Can't believe it's gone from practically summer last week to rain all this week! And snow in Scotland I hear? Sheesh!

I agree emmey1 I said wot I said and not til I chatted to fatbgone did I apologise I would also say th same to someones face in fact if I had seen someone that I presumed fatbgone had looked like and she had said she had got into a 14 I think I would laughed in their face me and fatbgone have more or less laughed about it now and as you also said this matter is closed - over and out

Yes, The weather has been a bit crappy today! My dog wasn't moaning on either of his long walks though!! I went swimming earlier and it was bloody packed with selfish children enjoying themselves and then after half an hour everyone was told to get out the swimming pool apart from ladies!!
It had become ladies only, how come ladies are always treated best!!! lol

Because we are fantastic gorgeous creatures? Haha

Emmey1 said:
Can't believe it's gone from practically summer last week to rain all this week! And snow in Scotland I hear? Sheesh!

Snow in newcastle too i've been in th house all day forced to do the diy I had been putting off lol

Are you saying men tend to ogle a ladies bum, boobs and even face sometimes!! :D

No not the face anyway haha

Back