>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Is it too late to join, I'm doing slimming world from home, and to be honest I've been struggling since July, I can't lose weight any more and have 6 stones to go, I've been checked and placed on Thyroid in September, went back to docs cos there has been no change in weight loss, been told that my thyroid is normal, Docs confused having hormone blood test and awaiting results.......I left sw due to the pressure and the depression I was going through, my weight has been stable since I left in January but no loss :cry:

Hi there, looking for Mandy - hope I'm in right place?!
She recommended me - said you're all fab and need to get myself back on track after a pants week!! I weigh every Sunday and achieved my Club 10 last week but seem to have lost the plot BIG time!! Desperate to get back on track.....any advice/support/inspiration greatly received xx

You're definitely in the right place! Welcome in, hun!
As for the pants week.... ehm, I've been having a lot of those lately, so you're not alone!
Tomorrow's a new day, get back on those tracks and pick up steam!

Guys and girls... it was 10.20pm... I had my breakfast, my lunch, my dinner, and a hi-fi bar snack... but I was starving and had no syns left... so I put four slices of ham, a handful of the mixed leaf salad, some spring onion, and some pickled beetroot on a plate and dug in.
Anyone else eat so much so late? Am I sabotaging myself by eating late? I always get hungry at night.

Great name!!! My "boys" are Daniel and Nathan - aged 19 and 13 - eek and Dex was my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has sadly gone to doggy heaven. I now have a totally mad girl CKCS called Coco-belle aka Coco"pops", Coco"bean" and Coco"nuts"!!!!!!

Hi dexters and jane- welcome. Lots of support here - keeps me going when I have had a pants week

Mandy - if you are hungry you should eat. You had very few cals there - just some lean protein and veggies - you won't have done yourself any harm at all. Personally I wouldn't eat a massive plate of carbs before bed but if you are on plan then shouldn't be a problem

dextersmum said:
Great name!!! My "boys" are Daniel and Nathan - aged 19 and 13 - eek and Dex was my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has sadly gone to doggy heaven. I now have a totally mad girl CKCS called Coco-belle aka Coco"pops", Coco"bean" and Coco"nuts"!!!!!!

Aww :( sorry to hear about dexter, coco-belle is a beautiful name!! Id have that for my daughter (if I had one). I loveee unusual names, my sons Ca'leb.

My lil man's lost 11lbs in weight and still refusing food. So he's down to just above 3 stone. Poor thing.

Mandy I've taken ur advice, I've not focused on what I've eaten at all. Going to get back on it tomorrow when I'm hoping he's picked up a bit. He's so weak he has to hold my hand to go anywhere.. I miss my naughty boy :(

I lost another 3lbs this week taking my total loss to 2 stone 7.5lbs :) So chuffed. Only 2.5lbs to my Club 10 now so being very good this week and hoping that I get it :)

xx

MrsLisaMarie said:
I lost another 3lbs this week taking my total loss to 2 stone 7.5lbs :) So chuffed. Only 2.5lbs to my Club 10 now so being very good this week and hoping that I get it :)

xx

Eeeeek well done you!!! The club 10 is such an achievement, I was so pleased when I got mine. Fingers crossed for next week! X

Food shop done! There's foooooooood to choose from lol. Off out in an hour for a walk with my best friend and her new baby... can't wait. Will have to really try not to kidnap the little guy he's so cute heh heh

I am really pleased with my weight loss so far - 2 stone - and have treated myself to a few things including a nice top from Wallis in MEDIUM!! I have definately lost round the bust and decided to get a new bra. I don't think I have ever been measured properly so I went on to the internet and found instructions. I have been wearing a 40DD for probably years but its been totally wrong - I am a 44A - I can't believe it. I now think I have never worn the right size, I even got my husband to double check (funny he was quite keen to help out with this little chore) and it is definately 44A.

2lb loss for me! 0.5lb away from 2 stone award.

Hi, Can i join the thread, Got just over 6 stone to lose. Lost 7lb already. Weigh on a monday, following slimming world at home. Hoping to lose 3 stone by October.

Hello everyone. 2lb off for me this week- just 1/2 lb to go to my first stone- so am a month behind but then Feb was a maintain month so I am ok with that

Wow - look what happens when I disappear for a few days ;)

Just want to say that I love this board because of the way people are supportive (and yes brutally honest when needed) and I am glad we seem to be back to where we were.

Could I just ask everyone to be aware of another issue too? There may well be people with accessibility issues (eg blind and uses a screen reader) that we just don't know about on this board - and of course no one needs to disclose, so we might just not be aware.

When people type in long sentences with text speak and no punctuation, it can be very difficult to read (for anyone - not just people who have an accessibility issue) and so I for one would be really grateful if people could try to avoid text speak, no punctuation, a lot of abbreviations etc. I'm not having a go at anyone, but I think it is generally seen as good manners on internet forums to try and avoid the above. Just wanted to raise this as I know it won't be deliberate but it could cause some people difficulties. I'm not talking about grammar or spelling or common occasional abbreviations or people making typos (we all do that)

Thanks everyone and on to 6 stone lighter!!

YAY! Well done on your 2lb loss Rockchick :D Fab! xxx

That's a very good point you're making there - something I'd never even considered to be honest.............even though I hate (with a passion) bad grammar and no punctuation! lol Bad spelling, I can live with :D lol I don't even bother reading posts that have no punctuation - they do my head in :eek: lol

Just had the most delicious dinner. Tuna napolitana, with fettuccine pasta, accompanied by fresh garden leaf salad, with red, green and yellow peppers, and spring onion, drizzled with light salad cream.
Yummy!

I'm doing success express where I can this week, in order to give myself some leeway for Sunday nights' drinking escapades. So today I had two slices wm toast with fruit for breakfast, half carbonara (5 syns) and half plate of veg for lunch, and then had the above for dinner.

I had pasta twice today though, so I hope that doesn't matter. Wednesday and Thursday mornings are just pants for food in this house since I do the food shop Thursday lunch time... so that was all that was left, really lol

But yeah.... delish!

I knbow you've probs been asked a thousand times, but what is sucess express Mandy? What are the rules? :D

Back from weigh in with a loss of 1.5lbs, not as much as I'd hoped but got my 2.5 stone shiney so that keeps me happy lol.

My friend from group bought her boss with her last week so he's had his first WI tonight. He lost a record amount (well, the most our leader has seen) 15lbs in 1 week!!!! So he got his 1/2st and 1 stone in 1st week. Mental. Kinda made me sad that I'd lost a mere 10% of what he lost but never mind!

Well done on your loss Ellen. 1.5lb is nothing to be sniffed at! :) xxx

Hi can u put me on the list please? I thought I was on there, but can't see my name. Can't PM as I am too new.

WI tonight, lost 4.5 for a total of 13.5lbs lost so far.

Well done everyone :)

Fab loss Lottie :)_ Wel done xxx

She recommended me - said you're all fab and need to get myself back on track after a pants week!! I weigh every Sunday and achieved my Club 10 last week but seem to have lost the plot BIG time!! Desperate to get back on track.....any advice/support/inspiration greatly received xx

Oh hello dextersmum :D I know you! :) Well done on the club 10 :) Put you slip behind you and just start a fresh :) We'll all fall off plan from time to time, but if we get straight back on, we'll get to where we want to be eventually. It's not a race :) xx

Anyway, welcome to the thread. xxx

Is it too late to join, I'm doing slimming world from home, and to be honest I've been struggling since July, I can't lose weight any more and have 6 stones to go, I've been checked and placed on Thyroid in September, went back to docs cos there has been no change in weight loss, been told that my thyroid is normal, Docs confused having hormone blood test and awaiting results.......I left sw due to the pressure and the depression I was going through, my weight has been stable since I left in January but no loss :cry:

Never too late chick :) Welcome aboard xx

As for the pants week.... ehm, I've been having a lot of those lately, so you're not alone!

Guys and girls... it was 10.20pm... I had my breakfast, my lunch, my dinner, and a hi-fi bar snack... but I was starving and had no syns left... so I put four slices of ham, a handful of the mixed leaf salad, some spring onion, and some pickled beetroot on a plate and dug in.
Anyone else eat so much so late? Am I sabotaging myself by eating late? I always get hungry at night.

I don't think you're sabotaging youself Mandy. I read somewhere (dunno where) that the 'eating late' thing was just a myth? Anyway, to was good, free food you had so I don't see how that can be causing you any harm :)

4 lbs off!

Well done Lucia! Fab loss xx

Well done :) I managed 4.5 this week, I'm still buzzing :)

WOW Well done Lottie :D xx

2lb loss for me! 0.5lb away from 2 stone award.

Well done Muis! Fab loss. That shiny will be yours next week :D xx

Hi, Can i join the thread, Got just over 6 stone to lose. Lost 7lb already. Weigh on a monday, following slimming world at home. Hoping to lose 3 stone by October.

Welcome Crazyarmywife :) Course you can join. Well done on your loss so far and best wishes for your weight loss journey :) xx

rockchick72 said:
Hello everyone. 2lb off for me this week- just 1/2 lb to go to my first stone- so am a month behind but then Feb was a maintain month so I am ok with that

Wow - look what happens when I disappear for a few days ;)

Just want to say that I love this board because of the way people are supportive (and yes brutally honest when needed) and I am glad we seem to be back to where we were.

Could I just ask everyone to be aware of another issue too? There may well be people with accessibility issues (eg blind and uses a screen reader) that we just don't know about on this board - and of course no one needs to disclose, so we might just not be aware.

When people type in long sentences with text speak and no punctuation, it can be very difficult to read (for anyone - not just people who have an accessibility issue) and so I for one would be really grateful if people could try to avoid text speak, no punctuation, a lot of abbreviations etc. I'm not having a go at anyone, but I think it is generally seen as good manners on internet forums to try and avoid the above. Just wanted to raise this as I know it won't be deliberate but it could cause some people difficulties. I'm not talking about grammar or spelling or common occasional abbreviations or people making typos (we all do that)

Thanks everyone and on to 6 stone lighter!!

Noted :) you make a good point.. I hate too many abbreviations.. X

pinkelle said:
Hi, march weight loss for me is 4.5 if some one can update for me please? (Cant remember if I asked for this to he updated last week or not!)

Well done to everyone else!!!

Sent from Pinkelle's moby!!

Hello darling. I will update your stats for u x

lottiebird said:
Hi can u put me on the list please? I thought I was on there, but can't see my name. Can't PM as I am too new.

WI tonight, lost 4.5 for a total of 13.5lbs lost so far.

Well done everyone :)

Hello Hun,

I will add you to the list :)

Whenever you lose, just PM me or flag it if you can't PM and I'll update x

dextersmum said:

Hello :)

I will add your name to the list my love.. As mentioned before, please let me know when you've lost and I'll update your stats x

Janeasetler said:

Never late to join :) I will add you to the list.. Welcome to the crew :) x

xMandyDx said:

Eat when you're hungry :) I ate really late sometimes too and it's never affected my losses... Unless its KFC lol

Crazyarmywife said:

of course you can crazy! :giggle:

I'll add you to the list x

Hello people,

Apologies I've not been around, it's been a very very busy and hectic week for me. But thankfully with the 4 day weekend I'll catch up and eventually get round to replying to all of your PMs and adding the newbies on- promise. I just want to show my face incase people thought I had deserted you guys.

So please bare with me, I will update your stats.. Just wanna sit down and do it proper,y xx

Wow girls and boys, some fab losses this week. Well done everybody :)

I lost 4.5lb this week so I'm over the moon of course :) I'm only 2lb away from my 3 stone award and 2lb off being halfway through our 6 stone challenge, woohoo.

Keep on keeping on everyone, we'll all get there soon.

Well done for some great losses guys - people are doing so well here. Lucia, Hazey, Lottie - brilliant. You really make me determined to do this - would love a bigger loss and I know that I can do that if I stick to plan

Rozieee- never apologise to us, you do an amazing job and we are all very grateful

Right- am planning 5 days of extra easy and am going to stay on plan, go to the gym and get that 1 stone award next week xx

Back