>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Gave myself a shake and a slap and been as good as possible over Easter !

My son has recieved 22, yes 22, bloomin eggs! So nice of everyone but he doesn't really like chocolate so he isn't interested at all... As long as they aren't open I'm fine! Took him to macdonalds as a treat as he is almost back at 100% and just had a diet coke. Had lots of super free salad to help eliminate some of the damage done this week..

Having chicken burger, jacket and lots of mixed veg for tea. Off for a jog in the morning. Determined to get that 3 and half stone award before end of April, at 4lbs away that's really a do able goal..! As long as I don't cave to the eggs...!

Mandy I'm thinking of you! Do let us know how you get on...Eeeek..! How amazing.. ! :)

Morning! I'm back!!

Had a little catch up with the thread yesterday and everyone seems to be doing fine. I'm glad the little 'debate' was sorted amicably. There's bound to be a few disagreements and misunderstandings, it's so easy to misinterpret the written word.

Sooo.. the weather in Portugal wasn't that great so there were a few afternoons sat in bars taking in the... erm... culture! And although I did totally overdo it I still think there was a measure of control, well more so than previous holidays. Lets say I was conscious of what I was having, I still had it but was conscious of it!! :D

Overall I've had a net gain of 3.5lbs. I weighed the morning we left (not my usual WI day), and had lost 2lbs which took me to 2 stone loss but then was +5.5lbs yesterday. If I think of it over the 2 weeks it's easier to live with ;). I have to say it was lovely to get back to some healthy eating yesterday. I really enjoyed the holiday and it's very difficult not to eat and drink in that environment but a week was enough. Physically I was starting to feel rubbish again, getting heartburn, feeling sluiggish and bloated so in that respect it's great to get back on plan but as it's Easter weekend and we've got a few social things on. Bit of a challenge not to think 'I'll just start again on Monday!' I've tried to think of it as most people will put on a few pounds on holiday but get back to normal when they get back, why should I be any different, it's not an excuse to give up. Hopefully I can get back to my 2 stone award in the next couple of weeks.

Anyways, Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend xxx

Hello darling, glad you had a nice time.. and that gain is most likely fluid anyway so itll be off in no time.

And as you so rightly said- everyone puts on weight when they go away on holiday, so why shouldnt you just because you want to lose weight? you dont go on holiday every month so its fine.. x

That's great Emma... now you know there's nothing to it, you can go whenever you like!

As I type, I'm sitting here, done up to the max, false lashes and all haha. We'll all be leaving the house in an hour to go to the Easter parade, and then I can chill in the pub for an hour before heading out to this competition. Nervous!!!

Wish me luck!

hope it went well for you my love xx
Gave myself a shake and a slap and been as good as possible over Easter !

My son has recieved 22, yes 22, bloomin eggs! So nice of everyone but he doesn't really like chocolate so he isn't interested at all... As long as they aren't open I'm fine! Took him to macdonalds as a treat as he is almost back at 100% and just had a diet coke. Had lots of super free salad to help eliminate some of the damage done this week..

Having chicken burger, jacket and lots of mixed veg for tea. Off for a jog in the morning. Determined to get that 3 and half stone award before end of April, at 4lbs away that's really a do able goal..! As long as I don't cave to the eggs...!

Mandy I'm thinking of you! Do let us know how you get on...Eeeek..! How amazing.. ! :)

glad your son is feeling better.. blimey he got a lot of eggs! whatcha gonna do with them?

Hi all, apart from a couple of bacardi's I have had a 100% day !! No choccie eggs for me lol
Have to behave now after my worst week ever since starting SW - 1.5 lbs gain :(
Am looking to book summer holidayso extra incentive to stick to plan - good luck everyone xxxxxx

So this really depressed me..

113/02/201219 st 13 ½ lbs-
220/02/201219 st 11 lbs- 2 ½ lbs
327/02/201219 st 12 ½ lbs- 1 lb
405/03/201219 st 10 lbs- 3 ½ lbs
512/03/201219 st 9 ½ lbs- 4 lbs
619/03/201220 st 1 lb+ 1 ½ lbs
726/03/201219 st 9 lbs- 4 ½ lbs
802/04/201219 st 6 ½ lbs- 7 lbs

and ive had a 2.5 gain this wek so i'm back to 4.5 loss since the beginning of the year lol i laugh at how pathetic that is.

Ive decided to buy a treadmill, and even though a part of me tells me that itll end up being an expensive coat hanger i gotta do this now..

because i really do feel as if my weight loss is at a stand still. i dont have the motivation or anything at the moment so im hoping the treadmill will help.

we're going to be buying a really expensive one too so i gotta do this. i dont want loose skin by the time im 30 and i still gotta have kids yet!

so lets hope that the treadmill is going to be a good addition to my weight loss.

because 4 lbs since january really is pathetic.

Roziee said:
So this really depressed me..

113/02/201219 st 13 ½ lbs-
220/02/201219 st 11 lbs- 2 ½ lbs
327/02/201219 st 12 ½ lbs- 1 lb
405/03/201219 st 10 lbs- 3 ½ lbs
512/03/201219 st 9 ½ lbs- 4 lbs
619/03/201220 st 1 lb+ 1 ½ lbs
726/03/201219 st 9 lbs- 4 ½ lbs
802/04/201219 st 6 ½ lbs- 7 lbs

and ive had a 2.5 gain this wek so i'm back to 4.5 loss since the beginning of the year lol i laugh at how pathetic that is.

Ive decided to buy a treadmill, and even though a part of me tells me that itll end up being an expensive coat hanger i gotta do this now..

because i really do feel as if my weight loss is at a stand still. i dont have the motivation or anything at the moment so im hoping the treadmill will help.

we're going to be buying a really expensive one too so i gotta do this. i dont want loose skin by the time im 30 and i still gotta have kids yet!

so lets hope that the treadmill is going to be a good addition to my weight loss.

because 4 lbs since january really is pathetic.

Don't let that depress you..

Is there one thing you find harder than other parts with the diet? For me I get bored of the food so I start to maintain / gain as I've started picking at others plates without realising. I find if I eat 3 meals a but different to my normal sw I loose that week.. and if I go for a casual 6k-10k walk (walk 6min, jog 1 min) then that speeds it up too . I reckon a treadmill would be fab tho if you put it infront of the Tele and every night say when corries on I'm walking the whole time and increase speed gradually.

Don't be hard on yourself, a loss is a loss. It's so easy to feel deflated, I know when I let it slip after my birthday and I was eating and not letting it touch the sides and every week it was +2, +3,+3 etc.. I just drew a line one Monday and since then really tried hard to add variation to my food as that's when I slip. Dietmomma on fb is fab with recipes. I have my phone on sw app, diet momma and minimins 24/7. So much so my dad says I have an obsession! But it helps me keep motivated..

Keep going hunni, you've been so supportive to everyone. I know you're going to do this :):):) .

Ooo and yep my little boy is much better. Off to the circus this afternoon! He's got so skinny tho, looks like a walking lollipop.. :(

Roziee Hun, what about starting afresh? Have today as day 1? Write off what's happened at the start of the year, draw a line, here's one you can borrow....

...... and start over. We always have more motivation when we start something new.

Have you got any special occasions coming up you can give yourself a target loss for? My bf is taking me to Edinburgh for my birthday in September and is buying me some knee length boots from duo boots. I want to be as slim as I can for then. I have printed off a picture of the boots and put it on my vision board. If ever I feel like eating something I know I shouldn't I go upstairs and look at the picture and ask myself what I want more, the boots or the pizza?

I had a day off plan yesterday but it was planned so I'm not beating myself up about it. At the end of the day it's not a race and it doesn't matter how long it takes. As one lady said 'shes taking the scenic route'.

And there is always minimins. You are always one of the first to offer support to everyone else, we're here to return the favour hun :)

Can't really add to the wonderful advice you've gotten here, Rozie. Don't be too hard on yourself... I'm gaining and losing the same half stone since December lol

Well my worst fear came true last night. And it was every bit as horrible as I thought it would be. I hadn't eaten enough throughout the day, so beer on an empty stomach wasn't the best idea I ever had.

I got up and sang my first song.. and nailed it. I did great on it! Yay! But that's where the yaying stops. I got a little too drunk afterward as it was at least another two hours before I sang again. The intro of the song was shorter than I was used to, so I missed the beginning and then struggled to play catch-up. Then in the panic and embarrassment, I made it all worse. I sounded AWFUL!!!

Needless to say, I didn't qualify.

My stage fright is based on my fear of forgetting the words and making a holy show of myself.... and it happened.

*sad face*

Mandy.....well done on being so brave to even get on the stage.......that would be my worst nightmare and as for singing!!!

All that matters is you did it woop,woop xx

Loving the excellent advice and support above - really helping me after rubbish week but back on the wagon, good luck everyone xxxx

Mandy.. you nailed the first song. Remember how far you've come.. if you got up first time and did it then you can do it again.

Well done you. Focus on the good, not on the bad ! We re proud of you Xx

Dont worry 1st song went great just too much drink but hey ho i'm still proud of ya hun xx

Thanks girls... think I'm going to just hide at home for a while though lol

Thanks girls... think I'm going to just hide at home for a while though lol

Oh don't do that Mandy! It probably wasn't nearly as bad as it is in your own head. You were really brave to get up there and sing and people saw you nail your first song, that will be their first impression. And remember, everyone else will have had a few drinks later on in the evening so won't have noticed your slip up. :D I know you're probably really disappointed about not going further in the contest but you don't have to prove yourself to anyone, just enjoy singing and the rest will follow. Big hugs xx

Roziee... this can feel like such an uphill battle sometimes but even taking baby steps you'll get to the top eventually! I keep looking back on last year when I gave up and instead of losing weight I just put on more. If we just keep going, even if we don't lose 6 stone or anything near that, to reverse the cycle and weigh less, even a lb by next New Year will be an acheivement. I posted this before but worth another view I think...

lapping everyone.jpg

Thanks girls.

We didnt end up buying the treadmill. We had a maximum budget of £700.. however we went to take a look at the treads and they were £1000+..

Lucia- where did you get yours from again?

everyday i start over again... eventually itll stick in my head.

i dont want to be fat forever

Rozie, why don't you use that money and pay upfront for a years' membership in the gym? Surely if you've handed all that money over, you'll definitely use it.

Because i know i really wouldnt go to the gym.

The closest women's gym is a long way way and i wear a head scarf- it would look soooo stupid wearing one at a normal gym when im sweating away LOL

Roziee said:
Because i know i really wouldnt go to the gym.

The closest women's gym is a long way way and i wear a head scarf- it would look soooo stupid wearing one at a normal gym when im sweating away LOL

Roz have you considered a cross trainer? It'll tone more and also work on stamina where as a treadmill wouldn't really tone arms and legs so much - you should also be able to pick up a half decent one for that money too - otherwise are workout DVDs likely to help? The 30 day shred is so good for inch loss - i am losing Inches even on the weeks I don't lose actual weight

I got a really good quality treadmill for £500, and it's as good as the ones at the gym. I got it on line and it was free delivery too.

Back