>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Wehay, Well done!! Feels good doesn't it!!!

You have done so well! You are in the 16's already!
Ps like the new photo!

You have done so well! You are in the 16's already!
Ps like the new photo!

To be fair, you started a stone heavier pretty much and we have lost more or less the same in the same time, so shall we give ourself's a big pat on our back!! lol
really well done and welcome to 'Club 10'!!!

Did you do your sums yet Sarah? :D

Yep! Jan 10lbs, Feb 9lbs and Mar 9lb. Luckily my gain last week comes in April so a little bit of time to get back on track! Hopefully still on target for 6 stone this year tho :)

Anyone else having problems sticking to slimmers world while the kids are off school??
Last week I lost 4lb's then picked up my boys from Rugby where they live with my ex-wife and am struggling more than any other week. The kids are being a very bad influence on me,Breakfast and Lunch times no problem then tea time!!
Cos my boys dont live with me I want them to have a great week so have been doing loads of stuff with them including a trip to a chinese buffet and a pizza hut buffet.
Just gonna carry on being a half slimmer and make up for it next week!!

I have also been doing loads of other stuff as well including swimming, walking the dog loads of family stuff and off to the circus!! Just didn't want anyone to think all I was doing was over feeding them both!! lol

Yep, mine are home from Uni and it feels like I'm constantly cooking! It doesn't change when they're older, still want to 'treat' them. In fact it's worse 'cos they can come to the pub with us now :D

Great stuff Lucia, well done.

I STS but I have had a couple of days off plan for Easter and it was planned so that's ok. 2lb off 3 stone mark so still well on track.

It's fine to have a few days off plan for high days and holidays. You've done amazingly well, almost halfway to 6 stone :0clapper:

2lb loss. Got my 2stone!

Well done!! :D

Yep! Jan 10lbs, Feb 9lbs and Mar 9lb. Luckily my gain last week comes in April so a little bit of time to get back on track! Hopefully still on target for 6 stone this year tho :)

You're going great guns :D Your little holiday gain will soon be history :)

T11cky - agree with Corkscrew, just have a fab time and my eldest is 20 next month - eek!!

Made the super speed soup tonight and OMIGOD it makes a vast amount......soup for work tomorrow, container in fridge and bigger container in freezer!!

dextersmum said:
T11cky - agree with Corkscrew, just have a fab time and my eldest is 20 next month - eek!!

Made the super speed soup tonight and OMIGOD it makes a vast amount......soup for work tomorrow, container in fridge and bigger container in freezer!!

Sounds stupid but wot does it taste like looking at wot goes in it it doesn't sound too good lol xx

Sounds stupid but wot does it taste like looking at wot goes in it it doesn't sound too good lol xx

Have to admit I thought it would have tasted better and looked like puke when I pureed it!!! Gonna have a dabble to get the taste more zingy - thinking chilli flakes or Tabasco as something is definitely missing (probably syns!!!!) but birthday Sunday /meal out Saturday and damage limitation is making this a must lol

dextersmum said:
Have to admit I thought it would have tasted better and looked like puke when I pureed it!!! Gonna have a dabble to get the taste more zingy - thinking chilli flakes or Tabasco as something is definitely missing (probably syns!!!!) but birthday Sunday /meal out Saturday and damage limitation is making this a must lol

Think I might give it a miss haha enjoy ya birthday :)

Not really selling it am I?? Did smell yummy as left it cooking in slow cooker whilst walking dog......shall tweak it and see if it improves.....maybe it will mature like fine wine!!

Fine wine now ya talking lol

Ahhh I've found last week was fine but this week I've taken a hit with the holidays!!! I'm off out for a jog / walk now and going to go syn free - well upto 5 a day for the next 3 days and pray the scales are kind Monday. It is hard tho in the holidays as I always feel a terrible guilt my son hasn't done enough? Do others feel that?

I've asked him if he wants cinema / tank museum / days out and all he says is no mum i like staying at home and playing in my garden ... Lol. Bless him :) so I haven't got an excuse as he's happy to be at home its just me carrying a guilt that he's not doing what all the other mums are bragging their kids re doing!

Off to primark in a bit too for some cheap retail therapy.

Do any of you lovely ladies and gent go swimming?? I really want too but worried about others ? :S not had the urge to swim for years and years but I really fancy it now. Hmm.

You're son is enjoying his hols so just enjoy as well - he sounds a real cutie xx. The time will come soon enough when he wants you as his taxi service :)

I love swimming and don't really go enough but I would recommend you go when kids are back in school - much quieter and I feel self conscious - want to be first in and last out, so wrinkled like a prune! but no one is bothered as during term time it tends to be mmmmm the 'older' set lol

Just do it xx

dextersmum said:
You're son is enjoying his hols so just enjoy as well - he sounds a real cutie xx. The time will come soon enough when he wants you as his taxi service :)

I love swimming and don't really go enough but I would recommend you go when kids are back in school - much quieter and I feel self conscious - want to be first in and last out, so wrinkled like a prune! but no one is bothered as during term time it tends to be mmmmm the 'older' set lol

Just do it xx

Lol very true..

Aww see I really want to go! So do you go during the day or early morning?? I really fancy going. I might take the plunge next week... Just gotta get a swim suit that makes me look like Kelly brook!!! Hehe.

It's the actual swimsuit that worries me... I have bits and bulges poking out everywhere!

Good morning! It's fabulously sunny here this morning so I might get the rest of that painting done. But first I want to go through the house and give it a good cleaning. Sometimes wonder what the point is in cleaning when I have a toddler leaving a trail of destruction behind her lol

Hi folks, have been away for the last few weeks but am back and happy to report that I've lost 7lb in the last three weeks, so still going strong. Hope everyones doing ok.

Good going, well done!!

Lol very true..

Aww see I really want to go! So do you go during the day or early morning?? I really fancy going. I might take the plunge next week... Just gotta get a swim suit that makes me look like Kelly brook!!! Hehe.

It's the actual swimsuit that worries me... I have bits and bulges poking out everywhere!

If you look around you there's not many people you see anywhere with a perfect body. Male, female, young, old... we're all lumpy, bumpy and whatever else. Swimming is a brilliant all round low impact exercise if you're overweight. You may feel really concsious of how you look but in reality no one else cares and at least you will be doing something about it!

WI for me this morning..... very happy to have lost 5lb of my holiday gain this week so only 1/2lb to go to get back to the 2 stone mark. Fingers crossed for next week :D

Happy weekend everyone, hope you all have a good one!! :D :D

Do any of you lovely ladies and gent go swimming?? I really want too but worried about others ? :S not had the urge to swim for years and years but I really fancy it now. Hmm.

I am going swimming at my local swimming baths around 3 or 4 times a week, I am going mid morning or early afternoon as these are the quietest times each day (Mon-Fri). They also do an adult hour each evening at about 8pm as well as twice a week a ladies only hour!! Also remember nobody see's anything apart from your head when you are in the pool. Also remember how much this could help speed things up for you both gaining confidence and losing weight!!!
Go for it girl!!!!;)

I am really struggling this week when it comes to chocolate!! I have never been a big chocolate fan (apart from once a month lol) but since 12 easter eggs have made their way into my house for my little girl I have been really craving them!

Also...I would love to have a butty! A proper butty!! 2 slices of thick white bread filled with spicy chicken, lettuce, onion and spicy mayo!!

It's getting tough after 13 weigh ins but I am so proud of what I have achieved and want to get to at least half way this month - only 3.5lbs to go.

Sorry...felt the need for a rant haha xxx

Back