>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

OMG I'm so excited. A while ago I went to a bridal shop to try on so dresses, including the one I've been using as my 'thinspiration' and unbelievably even in a 22 it looked fab and I knew it was the one. Anyway, they wanted about a grand and a half (that's WITH the 20% discount cos the were having an event).

As much as I loved the dress, I couldn't justify that much money and had planned to get it made by a lady off the Internet and it was going to cost about £300.

Right, so popped on Facebook earlier today and the bridal shop having a sale... And 'my' dress is there for £650... It's obviously more than the Internet one but will have a better resale value. OH says we can't afford it and I was gutted but thought I'd ask what size it was in and if they would do a payment plan with it being a sale dress. Well they get back to me and its a 14, the size I was looking to get to (or smaller-corseted back!) anyway... they also said they would do a payment plan over 6 months and a deposit of 100 would secure it, so called my parents... The deposit has been paid!

To say I'm excited is an understatement! Am going to go on Monday to give her a cuddle lol... The dress, not the lady! I am concerned they will look at me (size 20) and be dubious about me fitting it... But I have over a year, I should easily be a 14 by then right?

Too right you will Ellen! Use that as your motivation, you can do this!!!!

Don't worry about what anyone thinks, you will and must get into that dress!!! :bliss: so excited for you!!!!

Aww just think in a year when you go back to the bridal shop they will have to adjust it because you'll be smaller than a size 14!!!

Yes Beth, nekkid Monday mornings for me :giggle:

Too right you will Ellen! Use that as your motivation, you can do this!!!!

Don't worry about what anyone thinks, you will and must get into that dress!!! :bliss: so excited for you!!!!

Aww just think in a year when you go back to the bridal shop they will have to adjust it because you'll be smaller than a size 14!!!

Yes Beth, nekkid Monday mornings for me :giggle:

Thanks hun, I will unfortunately have moved by the time I go for fittings, I say unfortunately, I will still send them photos of me looking amazing lol

Thanks Rosie, I am ok..just feeling so down about my weight gain and knowing that I have to start all over again. Serial comfort eater here, I guess Im going to have to really work through these emotional issues if not I will always be this way....Sorry to put a downer on the thread girls, been crying on and off all day about it..:-(

Abigail'sMummy said:
Thanks Rosie, I am ok..just feeling so down about my weight gain and knowing that I have to start all over again. Serial comfort eater here, I guess Im going to have to really work through these emotional issues if not I will always be this way....Sorry to put a downer on the thread girls, been crying on and off all day about it..:-(

Hi hun, have you heard of slimpods? They are a track you listen too and are really helping me with emotional eating and making good choices. There is a section in the get your head sorted.or.whatever forum.it is lol. Come read some diarys and see if you think its worth a try. I can honestly say I think they are changing my life and working really well.with following sw. You can do this hun! X

Abigail'sMummy said:

What's going on hun? What stresses are you going through? Maybe speaking about it will help?
Meal planning is the only thing that keeps me on track...

Morning team. There have been lots of positive posts to read over the last few days which is great :)

I've been really good this week and its not felt too much of a challenge..my consultant text me.on.Friday to say how well I was doing and to keep it up.which has really boosted me for the weekend. Hoping for a good.loss tomorrow evening and really want that first stone of the challenge off by the week after.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday x

Jayde you really ARE doing fantastic!

As for comfort eating, I can't offer anything useful.. I either eat like a pig or forget to eat at all. When myself and OH split 2 years ago for a couple of months I dropped a dress size from stress. Maybe just make sure you have lots and lots to eat that you won't feel guilty for. Get rid of all the non-SW food and only stock the good stuff.

Another beautiful day here. Think we're all going for a walk after lunch...you couldn't sit in when it's so gorgeous out!

image-2856817380.jpg

My lunch :)

And if you're wondering what the white stud is- its Philly light! I miss buttered potatoes so I have me some of that and I spread is on the potatoes when i eat em. Delish!

That actually looks really yummy, Rozie!
I just had noodles with stir-fry...quick and easy as I was starving and didn't want to cook much. Quick and easy is sometimes hard to do on SW... at least I think so.

Have pork medallions defrosting for dinner. Thinking maybe I'll do some potatoes and veggies with a splash of gravy since I've nothing very synful in the house to spend my syns on, apart from a tiny box of cornflakes lol I miss cereal sometimes. Especially in this weather when something cold is devine.

Looks yum! I'm doing Spanish omelet for dinner and can't wait. I'm struggling to eat in this heat though! I've jumped on the lemons bandwagon and bought a bad today. I plan to keep a jug of water in the fridge with slices in as I love lemon water.

Well ladies I managed a loss of 2 and a half lb! And won my first ever slimmer of the month award.. lost 10 1/2 lb over past 4 weeks! Can't believe it :):):):):):):):):) so pleased!

I don't get weighed until a week Wednesday now due to bank holidays etc. I'm really going for it as I'm bang on 17 stone now.. to get into the 16 s would be ... Wow. I'll probably cry!

So sorry roziee not had a chance to type up recipe.. I will do ASAP! :)

I am now aiming to get my 5 stone award before the school holidays start.. roughly around July 19th by memory? So that's 11.5lb to loose.. totally do able as long as I keep going!

This sunshine really helps me.. the salads, the energy and exercise. I think working ridiculous hours and having my energetic 5 year old has helped too. I should hire him out as a personal trainer hehe.

Aww well done darling :) that's great! So chuffed for u!

I had a lovely loss this morning! Not sure if I mentioned on here but I won be celebrating until I'm under 19st6 so once I'm under that I will be jumping up and down! Lol x

Well done on the losses girls! I'm sticking to plan and drinking more fluids, and going to make up a nice jug of water with lemon to stick in the fridge. Didn't get around to having pork and potatoes yesterday as the potatoes went all soft in the heat, so had a pork stir-fry instead, and it turned into a green day, so around midnight when I was actually starving I used my second HEX's for tea and toast. Mmmmm.

Got up this morning and grabbed a banana on the go as we went down town and as far as the lakes to fish for pinkeens with the baby lol. Just had some dry toast with spicy beans and was delish. Was going to have some fruit and yogurt after but am quite full so not going to bother.

I'm really going for it this week. Didn't even join in the binge drinking during Saturday's BBQ, even though they were all drinking til 2am, and when I got hungry that night I just stuck some left over pasta bake (SW recipe, 1 syn per portion) in the microwave instead of grabbing a sandwich. I did go slightly overboard on the syns for 3 drinks, but compared to OH who had 13 cans of lager!!!!, well you can see I did really well lol
WI on Thursday morning... I can smell a good loss in the making.

fatbgone said:
Well ladies I managed a loss of 2 and a half lb! And won my first ever slimmer of the month award.. lost 10 1/2 lb over past 4 weeks! Can't believe it :):):):):):):):):) so pleased!

I don't get weighed until a week Wednesday now due to bank holidays etc. I'm really going for it as I'm bang on 17 stone now.. to get into the 16 s would be ... Wow. I'll probably cry!

So sorry roziee not had a chance to type up recipe.. I will do ASAP! :)

I am now aiming to get my 5 stone award before the school holidays start.. roughly around July 19th by memory? So that's 11.5lb to loose.. totally do able as long as I keep going!

This sunshine really helps me.. the salads, the energy and exercise. I think working ridiculous hours and having my energetic 5 year old has helped too. I should hire him out as a personal trainer hehe.

That's amazing well done! You can easily achieve your goals :) x

Roziee said:
Aww well done darling :) that's great! So chuffed for u!

I had a lovely loss this morning! Not sure if I mentioned on here but I won be celebrating until I'm under 19st6 so once I'm under that I will be jumping up and down! Lol x

Well done hun! When do you hope.to.reach this weight - just so I can get the champers ready lol x

Looking forward to hearing your loss mandy! Well done! An hour to go for me, really hope I get min 2lbs.

Well done mandy!!! You're on a roll hun!!

Jayde- in the next 3 weeks I'm hoping! Get a glass of mango juice ready for me haha (i don't drink)

Looking in reading what you lost Mandy!

In gonna be ultra good again girls!

I have family coming over the jubilee weekend and in worried about sat and Sunday. So I'm gonna have as little syns as possible until Friday and then see what happens. I'll definitely opt for the frappe from Starbucks if I want a cold drink during the day and I'm hoping I can find a subway somewhere to grab a salad. In the evenin we will go to a middle eastern restaurant so I can have meats and salad/rice. I'll be taking the kids to the m&m world and to this amaZing patisserie so that's the only 2 big temptations I new to resist. I bought them some chocolate treats and put them in the freezer- normally they would have been devoured by now!

Monday over girls! X

Ok mango juice it is!

Drum roll please...........4.5lbs off! Yay!

Back