>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

I'm okay Rozie... it's one of those make or break situations.

Breakfast - fruit and tea

Lunch - smoked ham, potatoes, gravy and veg

Dinner - ham salad sandwich

Syns - 6

Have just caught up with the last few days that I had missed. Well done on the losses and 100%. Talk about focused!! Well done on the date too, Beth!

I caught a glimpse of the 13stones last Friday morning, but then * week arrived and gave me back a pound taking me to 14s exactly on my Sunday morning weigh in! never mind. I am going to a wedding on Saturday and had challenged myself to get to the 13s by then. So hopefully with a good week this week, I will be there.

I can't believe we are nearly half way through our 12 month challenge. I have been overweight for so long, I didn't think I would ever see these numbers on the scales again. But with my new-found focus and daily updates and encouragement from Minimins, I am starting to think I might actually make it. So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here. This is always the first thread I look at when I come on.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Danigrace that's such a lovely post :) thank you for your kind words x

I've lost a stone as opposed to 3 as I would have liked to, but it's still in the right direction so I'm not complaining.

Life always gets in the way doesn't it?! I thought- oh lovely, no socials for 3 weeks before my friends wedding but I'm meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow and then im going out for dinner next week with some ex colleagues! Not worried about coffee tomorrow because I'll just have a peppermint tea, the dinner however I might skip. Or just stay and just have coffee and only stay for a little while. I'm gonna have a look at the menu and havva look see...

Life does indeed get in the way Roziee and that is OK. We need to enjoy ourselves sometimes.

Same boat as you, Rozie with one stone off instead of 3, but it's going down and not up, so it's all good :D

Hi guys, sorry for the absence but fell off the sw train for a little while. Am back now and still hoping to complete the challenge. Thank you Roziee for your encouraging message. x

Mandy I'm hoping for another 3 stones off by the end of the year so would be fab to have lost 4 stones in a year!

Charmelz you are more than welcome! I sent that PM ages ago :giggle: to everyone but am so pleased that you have come back :) you're loss to date is the same as mine so don't worry you're definitely not alone and we will do this together!

Jayde- thank you so much for the rep comment! I rarely log on from the PC and it doesn't notify me on my iPhone so apologies I'm thanking you later than expected but thank you once again x

100% day? Well I just went over syns by 2 so still a 100% week just not day..

Breakfast- fruit and yogurt
Lunch- couscous,bologne and cucumber
Supper- chicken potatoes and salad
Syns-17

hi all, welcome Charmelz, glad to see you back.

well as anticipated it wasn't a loss, however it is a gain of 2lb, now normally that would have meant in my head that I'd blown it but I feel really calm about it and I am determined that it will come off next week, I've got some new diaries (the old style green and red ones) and I am sitting in front of my work computer, eating my lunch of beans and toast and writing to you all, I've also got my food diary out and I've written in my day so far.
not entirely sure what I'll have for tea but thinking it's pasta based, I'm also keeping a record of my water intake as I know I need to up it.

Star week is here but it's not a proper full blown period, (avert eyes if TMI) but's it's brown and it's barely making any dent in a pad, so hoping it becomes full blown as I feel really bloated and need to get it over with to feel right again.

good luck to everyone and speak to you all later.

Just a quick visit to say i have been away for the weekend so will catch up all posts tonight:wave_cry: I'm back on track now and on a fruit and veg mission after i ate half a packet of biscuits on sat night :eek: ho hum!!! I live to tell the tale:rolleyes: I have got a nsv i rode a pushbike,haven't been on a bike in years,it was great !!! Got to love slimming world.Be back later xx

Good news... We found a house yay!
Bad news is a Sts this week.
Good news is I'm not gonna let it get me down as I know my body will catch up eventually and to encourage it, gonna have a bash at a few success express days this week!

Kenco said:
Just a quick visit to say i have been away for the weekend so will catch up all posts tonight:wave_cry: I'm back on track now and on a fruit and veg mission after i ate half a packet of biscuits on sat night :eek: ho hum!!! I live to tell the tale:rolleyes: I have got a nsv i rode a pushbike,haven't been on a bike in years,it was great !!! Got to love slimming world.Be back later xx

:wavey:

Aww what a great NSV kenco!

ellen83 said:
Good news... We found a house yay!
Bad news is a Sts this week.
Good news is I'm not gonna let it get me down as I know my body will catch up eventually and to encourage it, gonna have a bash at a few success express days this week!

Congratulations Ellen on finding a new house.. When are you moving?

Yes that's the spirit! You will smash it this week! X

As soon as we get the money together, definitely by the end of July! So excited, 3 bed, 2 bathrooms (1 with loo and bath, other with loo and shower), nice kitchen, garden. Nice area, Drs practically across the road, primary school end of the road... 450 pcm!

Roziee said:
Wow! Where do u live?????

Well currently in Plymouth but moving to Packmoor in stoke-on-trent in Staffordshire (hence the cheapness!) but its meant to be quite a nice area. It's more out the way then I'd planned but it'll be fab for the boys! Can't wait. Will not miss this house or its slugs!

I'm very afraid of WI this morning. I am going to be very honest with you guys... I haven't been very good. Things have been all higgledy piggeldy since OH left, and I've been eating when I remember to, and most of the time when I do remember it's not very healthy food. Expecting a gain this morning.
Guys... remind me why I'm doing this, please?

xMandyDx said:
I'm very afraid of WI this morning. I am going to be very honest with you guys... I haven't been very good. Things have been all higgledy piggeldy since OH left, and I've been eating when I remember to, and most of the time when I do remember it's not very healthy food. Expecting a gain this morning.
Guys... remind me why I'm doing this, please?

:hug99:

You're doing this because you want to be confident to walk Ito a shop and pick that pretty dress from the rack and not worry about how it will fit.

Youre doing this so you can play and run in the park with your babies...

You're doing this so you're healthy- so you're not tired and lethargic or just moody because of the junk food you eat.

You're doing this because you know you need to but most importantly want to :)

Come on Mandy- I know youre going through a tough patch and I'm sure I can speak on behalf of everyone here that we would all do the same... But don't undo the hard work you've already put in.

I know u can do it. I know it x

Thanks Rozie x x

The good news is, a blip on the scales is a good thing right now, because it'll show me exactly what being on and off this week has done. I'm doing the food shop this morning too, and not one piece of chocolate, nor one bag of crisps is being bought. Nothing. I'm going to use my syns sparingly and in food. That's it. I still want my stone off for my birthday. I have 4 weeks to do it... and if I'm really good this week, I might even make a big dent in that.

This is me, tail between legs, but not beaten. Not yet. I'm going to give it my all this week. Rozie, I'm counting on you to badger me on here and FB lol

Back