The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Eats sound yummy if not a little small but that's a fast day for you! Xx

Thankfully I'm not feeling hungry up to now! I've had my can of Monster so far, but that's it! Love non-hungry Fast days - it's the ones when you're starving that are a killer! Xx

Hello, Your fast days have looked good, so with your help I'm going to 'borrow' some menus if thats ok to help me get them in, Miss Corset said you were the queen of the 5:2!
xxx

Hello, Your fast days have looked good, so with your help I'm going to 'borrow' some menus if thats ok to help me get them in, Miss Corset said you were the queen of the 5:2!
xxx

Oh, she is too kind! I have been blooming useless recently and today is the first Fast I've done in ages. But I won't dwell on that - I'm back on it now!

Of course I don't mind you "pinching" some ideas. That's the beauty of Minis :D Thanks for stopping by xxx

Glad your first fast day went well :)

Thank you lovely. I'm really pleased with how it went - especially when I called round to see Katie and she scoffed two Creme Eggs from the Easter Egg I bought her. I didn't even waver! Just got the second one to get out of the way tomorrow and then I'll be able to relax a little and enjoy a few cocktails over the weekend :D x

Good morning diary, and happy April to you all! How quickly is this year going!? I can't believe we're starting the fourth month already. One thing's for sure this month - I won't be an April Fool. Time to leave the past in the past and look towards the future. This will be the month I'll get my weight loss rolling again and stay on track towards our holiday in September. Okay, I appreciate that this weekend away isn't going to be 100% on plan. But I am making the promise to myself, and to you all, that I will do my best. Although I will undoubtedly be indulging in a few cocktails, I will make sensible food choices to counterbalance things. I know that if I stay in control and stick to my guns I could still see a loss. So that's the plan!

I had a great Fast day yesterday - the first one I've actually managed in quite a while so I'm very happy about that! I've got a yummy Feast day today and Warren is coming round for tea tonight (no prizes for guessing what's on the menu! :p), and then my second Fast will be tomorrow. It's all planned in advance and I'm feeling good about it. Looking forward to getting it done and dusted!

This is how today's menu is looking...

Wednesday 1st April 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- 2 x Strawberry Weetabix topped with a Whitworths Berry & White Chocolate Shot. Plus 200ml Skimmed Milk

Lunch:
- M&S Egg and Ham Salad
- M&S "Guilt Free Snacking" Sour Cream and Chilli Lentil Curls
- Bottle of Coke Zero
- Daim bar

Dinner:
- Quorn Swedish Style Meatballs in a Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Sauce, topped with Reduced Fat Cheese. Served with Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges and Mange Tout

Other:
- Belvita Strawberry & Live Yogurt Biscuits
- Mini Chocolate Egg
- Can of Diet Coke
- Twix Finger
- Milk Chocolate Special K Chewy Delight

Last edited:
Ooh, just been looking at the Nando's menu to find out the calories in their new dishes. Not sure if anyones seen them, but they now also do the following:

- Churrasco Thigh Burger: Two skin-on boneless chicken thighs with cheddar cheese and some Fino Colesla, served in a Portugese roll smothered in Barbecue Churrasco PERInaise {664cals}

- Quinoa Salad: With sweet potato and avocado chunks, piccolo tomatoes, cucumber, crisp salad leaves and a good sprinkling of feta cheese, sesame & roasted seeds {384cals}.

- Sweet Potato Wedges: Five roasted wedges with creamy coriander and sesame & roasted seed dips {357cals}.

- Fino Coleslaw: Crunchy spring greens with beetroot and carrot, mixed with a lightly spiced yogurt dressing {75cals}.

Yum!! How amazing do those sound!? I think I'm going to try the Fino Coleslaw on Saturday with Butterfly Chicken and a mixed leaf salad - all for just 448cals (including mango and lime peri peri sauce on the chicken)! I'm also excited that their mixed leaf salad now includes cucumber too - how sad is that!? :giggle:

I was looking at the new menu yesterday too! The quinoa salad sounds good too...but I would deffo add butterfly chicken! Loving the new coleslaw too! xxx

I'm even more excited now!! And, just as an interesting comparison, the Fino Coleslaw (one size only) is just 75cals per serving. Whereas the "normal" coleslaw is 264cals per regular serving or a whopping 528cals per large serving!! It's amazing how many calories you can save just by swapping the likes of mayo for yogurt!

Oh I am so going and having butterfly chicken, sweet potato wedges (the ones with peri peri salt) and the fino coleslaw :D

Not sure when but totally going! Got to try that quinoa salad too! xxxx

Good morning diary, happy Thursday. Well, technically Friday as there's no more work after today. Woohooo!! I'm so excited for my weekend away now.

I've got my second Fast of the week today and I'm feeling good about it. I've got everything prepared and I also have quite a busy day at work with external meetings, etc. Keeping busy always helps!

I was looking back through my old IG posts this morning and I remembered that, in February, over Valentines Day I had a similar plan to this weekend. Warren and I went out for a meal and drinks and, although I was probably over calories with my drinks, I made sensible choices with my food and didn't just think "sod it". I had a really great weekend that weekend, and I also lost 7.2lb that week! So it just goes to show that it can be done. Not expecting a loss anywhere near that this week, especially as we're away for two nights rather than just the one, but it's my motivation. I will be happy to go away and have a great weekend and then see any kind of loss on Monday. So I will be keeping that in the back of my mind!

This is how today is looking...

Thursday 2nd April 2015
*Fast Day*

Breakfast (15cals):
- Can of Monster Zero (15)

Lunch (64cals):
- M&S Mango, Mange Tout and Coriander Salad with a Lime and Ginger Dressing (63)
- Can of Diet Coke (1)

Dinner (162cals):
- Pot of M&S Country Vegetable Soup (162)

Other (64cals):
- 2 x Can of Diet Coke (2)
- Mini MaltEaster Bunny (62)

Total Calories:
305 / 500

Last edited:
You can totally do a sensible weekend this weekend lovely :) as you say, you've done it before

Love that you're going to Jesmond. I have so many memories of going out there when I was in my late teens!

I'm visiting Newcastle myself this weekend so won't be far :) xxxx

You can totally do a sensible weekend this weekend lovely :) as you say, you've done it before

Love that you're going to Jesmond. I have so many memories of going out there when I was in my late teens!

I'm visiting Newcastle myself this weekend so won't be far :) xxxx

I've never been to Newcastle in years! Looking forward to doing a bit of shopping and sampling some cocktails! I've actually never been out in Jesmond so I'm really looking forward to it - I've heard so many good things! Have a fantastic weekend lovely lady xxxxx

I've never been to Newcastle in years! Looking forward to doing a bit of shopping and sampling some cocktails! I've actually never been out in Jesmond so I'm really looking forward to it - I've heard so many good things! Have a fantastic weekend lovely lady xxxxx

You will really enjoy it :) You too sweetheart xxxx

Yay found you on here again! :) Glad things are back on track for you, have a lovely easter! :) X

Happy Easter everyone!

We've had an amazing weekend. Just laid in the hotel bed, going to get up soon and go for food before our train home. Not going to lie - my food wasn't as good as I'd planned (had chips with Nando's) etc. but we basically have had one meal a day. Lots of drink, admittedly, but also lots of walking which has hopefully counteracted some of it! Will even be happy with a maintain tomorrow if I'm honest, so long as I don't put on any more weight!

Will have a proper catchup at some point. Must get up soon and get packed and showered. I'll leave you with a few photos from our weekend. Have a great Easter Sunday everyone xx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223429.151408.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223452.105207.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223463.210379.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223486.105126.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223495.793708.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223505.687645.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223519.458840.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223528.316001.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223537.933251.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223545.658958.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223557.856787.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1428223565.861736.jpg