The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Thank you so much ladies!! xx

Just read about your massive loss in the Monday W.I. thread and wanted to see how you've done so well!! I'm not sure I have the will-power to stick to 5:2 but you're doing amazingly! Do you have 500 cals for fast day and 2000 for feast days or do you eat a lower calorie intake on feast days too?

Just read about your massive loss in the Monday W.I. thread and wanted to see how you've done so well!! I'm not sure I have the will-power to stick to 5:2 but you're doing amazingly! Do you have 500 cals for fast day and 2000 for feast days or do you eat a lower calorie intake on feast days too?

Aww, thank you!!

If you do some googling and some research into 5:2 (thefastdiet.co.uk) you'll find the full "rules" - that's all I did when I first began the diet. But basically, on your non-fast days you eat up to your TDEE. This stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure and it varies for each person (hence why there is no point in me telling you exactly what mine is), as it's calculated using your height, weight, activity level, gender, age, etc. Then on Fast days it's up to 500cals. I know 500cal doesn't sound like a lot, and I always said I could never do 5:2 either, but if you plan well you can really get a lot out of what seems like such a small amount.

I really love 5:2 and it always seems to give me amazing results. It truly does feel like I only "diet" two days a week (Fast days) too, as I eat whatever I want (within my TDEE) on non-fast days. So yup, that means chocolate, crisps, wine, etc. :)

I've seen so many SW'ers eating baked oats for breakfast lately, and I've just found a recipe online for Reese's inspired baked oats - yum!! One for the weekend me thinks x

Morning diary, happy Shrove Tuesday - or Pancake Day as it's more commonly known lol! I have to say, no pancakes for me today as I'm on a Fast day. Although I'm not particularly bothered anyway. I always loved them as a kid and would have them smoothered with Nutella and peanut butter (like a Snickers / Reese's combo), but these days they don't really do much for me. So I don't really feel like I'm missing out!

I've got a feeling it's going to be a long day today. I'm pretty tired and I just want to get home for a bath and an early night, so knowing my luck work is going to drag! I always find Fast days longer than normal too. But hey ho, it's hump day tomorrow - half way to the weekend!

This is how today is looking...

Tuesday 17th February 2015
*Fast Day*

Breakfast (15cals):
- Can of Monster Zero (15)

Lunch (88cals):
- Multipack bag of Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps (86)
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero (2)

Dinner (252cals):
- M&S "Count on Us" Chicken and Slow Roasted Mushrooms with Baby Onions in a Rich Red Wine Sauce, with a hearty portion of Vegetables (Carrots, Swede, Parsnip and Cabbage) (252)

Other (130cals):

- Milkway Magic Stars Mini Cookie (53)
- Creme Egg Biscuit (77)

Total Calories:
485 / 500

Last edited:
Hey hun
Just subbing! Stronger woman than me on the pancake front. Anything I can pack with sugar/chocolate and the like is my friend at the moment lol.
Starting my new plan on Monday after half-marathon on Sunday.
Can't wait to get back on it.
Well done so far!! xx

Hey hun
Just subbing! Stronger woman than me on the pancake front. Anything I can pack with sugar/chocolate and the like is my friend at the moment lol.
Starting my new plan on Monday after half-marathon on Sunday.
Can't wait to get back on it.
Well done so far!! xx

Thank you lovely! I have to admit, I'm not too fussed about the pancakes. And it also helps my mam / dad / brother aren't bothering tonight either, they're probably going to have them over the weekend instead and I won't be around anyway. Definitely helps!

Oh, you're starting the 90 day SSS plan? I've seen that briefly on a certain social media / photo sharing app. A girl I follow was doing it a while back - it looks interesting! Will look forward to seeing how you get on. Also good luck for the marathon at the weekend! xx

Hi stevie I r just read your loss for Monday!!! What a corker that's amazing, it's good to know you've found a plan that works for you! All the best

Hi stevie I r just read your loss for Monday!!! What a corker that's amazing, it's good to know you've found a plan that works for you! All the best

Thank you honey! I'm still amazed that I lost so much myself. I was expecting a good loss as I did stick to plan over Valentine's weekend - I'd promised myself I wouldn't use it as an excuse to go off the rails, and I stuck to my word. But I really didn't expect half a stone!! Really loved 5:2 before Christmas and it worked so well for me, so long may it continue x

Food sounding lush, hope today goes fast for you :) xx

Thank you honey. My dinner has changed three times already lol! I've just found a yummy looking M&S meal for 252cals though so bought that as it sounds perfect for Fast days! Loving M&S at the mo xx

Thank you lovely! I have to admit, I'm not too fussed about the pancakes. And it also helps my mam / dad / brother aren't bothering tonight either, they're probably going to have them over the weekend instead and I won't be around anyway. Definitely helps!

Oh, you're starting the 90 day SSS plan? I've seen that briefly on a certain social media / photo sharing app. A girl I follow was doing it a while back - it looks interesting! Will look forward to seeing how you get on. Also good luck for the marathon at the weekend! xx

I am! I have a new diary if you want to keep up to date with it. I start on Monday.
Looking forward to seeing your results for this week xx

Have you tried there rostie pie 266 Cals very yummy

View attachment 166872

Xxx

That looks yummy! I did pick that up actually, but then put it back down again lol! Only because I found one for 252 cals, so ever so slightly lower. It's their "Count on Us" chicken with slow roasted mushrooms and baby onions in a rich red sauce. And it comes with a "hearty portion of vegetables". It looks delicious! Haven't felt hungry so far today and have just had a couple of fizzy drinks and water, but no doubt by the time I get home at 4.30pm I'll be ready for something! xxx

I am! I have a new diary if you want to keep up to date with it. I start on Monday.
Looking forward to seeing your results for this week xx

Fab! I shall come and sub now, it'll be interesting to see what you can eat and what kind of results you see! :) xx

Oh this sounds right up my street.. What is it x

Okay, so I converted the recipe from cups to grams and it is as follows...

- 50g plain porridge oats
- 75g mashed banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml almond milk (or any other milk, I will use this as it's lowest in cals)
- Pinch of sweetener
- 15g cocoa powder (I will use Tesco Everyday Value reduced fat version)
- 15g peanut butter (I will use Aldi Grandessa crunchy style)
- 15g chocolate chips (I will use Silver Spoon dark chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 190c.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour into ovenproof dish and cook for 20mins or until firm.
4. Finish off under grill to achieve desired crispness.

With the exact ingredients I will be using I've worked it out to be 415cals. Quite a few more cals than I would normally spend on breakfast, but I'll have it as "brunch" on Saturday as a bit of a treat, and it should keep me going until teatime x

Okay, so I converted the recipe from cups to grams and it is as follows... - 50g plain porridge oats - 75g mashed banana - 1/4 tsp vanilla extract - 60ml almond milk (or any other milk, I will use this as it's lowest in cals) - Pinch of sweetener - 15g cocoa powder (I will use Tesco Everyday Value reduced fat version) - 15g peanut butter (I will use Aldi Grandessa crunchy style) - 15g chocolate chips (I will use Silver Spoon dark chocolate chips) 1. Preheat oven to 190c. 2. Combine all ingredients and mix well. 3. Pour into ovenproof dish and cook for 20mins or until firm. 4. Finish off under grill to achieve desired crispness. With the exact ingredients I will be using I've worked it out to be 415cals. Quite a few more cals than I would normally spend on breakfast, but I'll have it as "brunch" on Saturday as a bit of a treat, and it should keep me going until teatime x

Ooh thank you ... :) xx

Back