The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Flippin eck, well done on not eating until tea time, I know I couldn't do that, I'd be soooooooo grumpy!!!

Flippin eck, well done on not eating until tea time, I know I couldn't do that, I'd be soooooooo grumpy!!!

Lol!! I never thought I'd manage it either, but I guess I'm just used to it now. My stomach must be shrinking? Some days I will split my cals and have something for breakfast or lunch and then my tea on a night. But lately I have been going all day without anything. I honestly don't feel hungry either, I'm just drinking lots of fluids to keep me going. It's always a bonus when you're not hungry on a Fast day lol, makes it a lot easier!! x

Morning diary, happy Friday. Yay! So pleased it's finally the weekend. I've seen nothing of Warren since Monday so I'm looking forward to seeing him, and also going for our Nando's! :p

When we get home we'll just be having a nice cosy night, love those! Looking forward to Eastenders tonight too - has anyone been watching it? I won't mention the killers name, in case anyone missed last night, but I wished I had put a bet on!! I guessed the whole storyline earlier in the week, except for the place she ended up being killed! I was a little disappointed with it if I'm honest. I stopped watching it after she was killed (I only watch intermittently) and only restarted again this week for the live episodes. They dragged it out for 10 months, none of which I watched, and I was able to guess it within less than a week lol! I thought it was pretty obvious. Anyway, excited to see what will happen next!

Just hope today flies at work now. Mon-Wed flew over but the office was pretty quiet yesterday which made it drag. Chances are it'll be the same again today, but hopefully not!!

Anyway, this is my plan of action for today...

Friday 20th February 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero
- Oat So Simple Caramel Porridge Pot

Lunch:
- Multipack bag of Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps
- Large Caffe Nero Skinny Cappuccino with Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup

Dinner (Nando's):
- Mango and Lime Grilled Chicken Pitta
- 1 x Extra Hot Wing
- Corn on the Cob
- Mixed Leaf Salad
- Diet Coke

Other:
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pot of Joy
- Bottle of Black Tower "Skinny" Rose Wine and Soda

Last edited:
Hi gorgeous girl!

Just found your new diary and taking inspiration from humongous loss (well done!!) and I've just worked out my TDEE and looking forward to starting 5:2 on Sunday. Undecided on my weigh day yet, Friday or Saturday... Probably Saturday.

Ive deleted my app shortcut for the image sharing as I was getting obsessed and spending too much time looking at pointless things so I've gave it up for lent, along with wine (boohoo) and bread!

Can't wait to see what you next weigh holds xxx

Hi gorgeous girl!

Just found your new diary and taking inspiration from humongous loss (well done!!) and I've just worked out my TDEE and looking forward to starting 5:2 on Sunday. Undecided on my weigh day yet, Friday or Saturday... Probably Saturday.

Ive deleted my app shortcut for the image sharing as I was getting obsessed and spending too much time looking at pointless things so I've gave it up for lent, along with wine (boohoo) and bread!

Can't wait to see what you next weigh holds xxx

Aww, thanks for finding me honey!! I'm still gobsmacked about last weeks weight loss if I'm honest, but I'm quite expecting a maintain or just a teeny loss this week. I've been 100% on it, I just don't think I'll be lucky enough to get another good loss straight after that?! But we shall see!!

Good luck with Lent! I have to admit, I've not bothered giving anything up. I feel I'd just end up self-sabotaging myself, as when I put pressure on myself like that I usually crack and fall off the wagon. So I admire anyone who can stick to it - I'm sure you'll do fab!

I'm excited that you're going to give 5:2 a whirl and I hope you end up loving it just as much as I do - it's honestly so flexible and, although the two Fast days do sound a bit harsh, the thought of being able to eat whatever you want (within reason) for the majority of the week gets you through the Fasts! Good luck lovely, I'm sure you'll do great. And if you need anything, just shout!! xxx

Morning gorgeous !!
Jealous of your nandos trip tonight hope you and your chap have a lovely weekend together also I'm loving it's Friday too :) Xxx

Morning gorgeous !!
Jealous of your nandos trip tonight hope you and your chap have a lovely weekend together also I'm loving it's Friday too :) Xxx

Thank you honey. Friday is always a good day!! Early finish from work and two full days off, wooohooo!! Warren and Nando's are just the icing on the cake hehe :D Hope you have a lovely one too xxx

This may be quite sad, but I'm a little bit excited!

A few days ago on my photo-sharing app I had a comment left by Quorn (on a photo I'd hashtagged #Quorn) to say that, as part of their #randomactsofkindness giveaway they're doing, I've won a prize! I've never won anything in my life so hence my excitement!

I had to E-mail them to claim the prize, which I did, and I've just received an E-mail back asking me to confirm my app username and also my postal address so they can send my prize out to me. I checked their website and, although the prizes are totally random, I could win either: a Quorn kitchen cookbook, a Quorn 2015 calendar or a free voucher for one of their products. Wonder which one I will get - anything is a bonus, as I wasn't expecting to win. I didn't even realise they were doing this competition, I just hashtagged them as I normally would and hey presto! I would love the cookbook or the apron though :)

This may be quite sad, but I'm a little bit excited!

A few days ago on my photo-sharing app I had a comment left by Quorn (on a photo I'd hashtagged #Quorn) to say that, as part of their #randomactsofkindness giveaway they're doing, I've won a prize! I've never won anything in my life so hence my excitement!

I had to E-mail them to claim the prize, which I did, and I've just received an E-mail back asking me to confirm my app username and also my postal address so they can send my prize out to me. I checked their website and, although the prizes are totally random, I could win either: a Quorn kitchen cookbook, a Quorn 2015 calendar or a free voucher for one of their products. Wonder which one I will get - anything is a bonus, as I wasn't expecting to win. I didn't even realise they were doing this competition, I just hashtagged them as I normally would and hey presto! I would love the cookbook or the apron though :)

Congrats!
A Quorn cookbook? sounds interesting! xx

Morning diary, happy Saturday!

Really enjoyed my Nando's last night. It was beautiful! We had a lovely night.

Also had a nice surprise this morning - Warren's not playing football again this week so I get to spend another Saturday with him. Yay! :) It's a gorgeous day here today, it's like a spring morning. So I think we're going to get wrapped up and have a ride to the seaside to play in the arcades. We love that, having a bit of silly fun time together. But I will be avoiding fish, chips and ice cream! Got my pizza in the freezer for tea tonight so I'll keep thinking of that and it will keep me going.

Anyway, just a quick post. I'm going home now for a bath and something to eat before we go out.

Have a lovely day everyone x

Saturday 21st February 2015
*Feast Day*

Brunch:
- Reese's inspired Baked Oats
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- Half of a Tesco Stonebaked Thin Sweet Chilli Chicken Pizza served with Salad and Nando's Garlic Sauce
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pot of Joy

Other:
- Bottle of Black Tower "Skinny" Rose Wine and Soda

Last edited:
Just got home to my newest Graze box. Some absolute gems in this one! I have had the peanut butter and pretzels, carrot cake and rocky road granola topper before - they're on my 'love' list which is why they've sent them again - and I'm very excited to try the chilli and lime pistachios! All of the snacks in this box are less than 150cals each too! Yum, can't wait to tuck in x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1424522739.129980.jpg

I had the chilli and lime ones in my last box and they are lovely, they fill you up really quickly too!
Today's plans sound fun, hope you and Warren have a lovely day :) X

Love Graze boxes! Need to set them up again....last one I had was a flapjack one and I ate them all in one day (with a little help from my 18m old boy haha) so cancelled my subscription as I felt like such a pig haha!

Whens weigh in day hun?

X

Love Graze boxes! Need to set them up again....last one I had was a flapjack one and I ate them all in one day (with a little help from my 18m old boy haha) so cancelled my subscription as I felt like such a pig haha!

Whens weigh in day hun?

X

I got them once and ate them all in one day too, I just didn't feel like a piggy but knew I shouldn't have been eating them all in one day, and it was at a time when did SW!!!!

Morning diary, happy Sunday. We're just having a lazy one here - snuggled up in bed catching up on Hollyoaks at the moment!

Haven't had any of my Graze bits and bobs yet. I'm quite good with them - I've still got about another four various punnets left in my cupboard from a few boxes back. I like to space them out, but planning on trying the pistachios next week! As they really sound delicious.

I'm looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, but I'm a bit nervous too. I've been 100% on it again this week but I don't feel like I've lost any weight or that my body has changed at all. I wouldn't be surprised really, not after last weeks whopper. We shall see in the morning anyway.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone x

Sunday 22nd February 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:

- Lucky Charms with 150ml Almond Milk

Lunch:
- Half of a Tesco Stonebaked Thin Sweet Chilli Chicken Pizza served with Salad and Nando's Garlic Sauce
- Sour Cream & Onion Special K Cracker Crisps
- Mango Danio Mini
- Peanut Butter M&M's

Other:
- 2 x Dairy Milk Caramel Mini Eggs
- Graze Mumbai Masala Punnet
- 2 x Creme Egg Biscuits

Last edited:
Oooh love lucky charms! Just refuse to pay £5 a box...hubby eats cereal for fun, it would last 2 mins in our house!

Good luck for WI tomorrow!

X

Oooh love lucky charms! Just refuse to pay £5 a box...hubby eats cereal for fun, it would last 2 mins in our house!

Good luck for WI tomorrow!

X

Thanks honey, really hoping for a loss but we shall see!

I got the lucky charms in the pound shop. They come in a little plastic pot that you just add milk to so they're really handy for me to bring to Warren's! £1 each :) x

Morning diary, happy Monday.

Weigh day for me today and I lost 2.6lb this morning!! Happy with that and it takes me to just shy of 10lb (9.8lb) off in two weeks. Fab stuff! I'm particularly happy as I'd done a progress comparison picture from last Sunday to last night, and although from the front view my waist looked more defined, from the side view my tummy looked more sticky-outy. I was panicking a bit last night and worried that I wouldn't lose anything - or even gain!! Which is silly really as I knew I'd been on plan all week. It just goes to show that, similar to scales, photos can't always be trusted. It's good to have a couple of different ways of measuring progress in case one doesn't go to plan!

I promised Warren we'd go to KFC for tea tonight. He'd wanted to go last week but I had my M&S burger that needed using, so I said we'd go this week instead. It's all factored into my allowance though, so although it feels like a bit of a weigh day treat it's actually totally on plan and not "naughty" at all! I feel he deserves this KFC. When we were at the seaside on Saturday he said he wasn't really bothered about getting fish and chips (a little white lie on his part as he usually loves fish and chips from the seaside!!) and I think it was purely because he knew I wanted to resist them and he didn't want to tempt me. Bless him! So it'll be nice for us both to have a treat together tonight :)

Anyway, this is how today is looking...

Monday 23rd February 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- Mango Chunks
- Half a packet of "Yu!" Blueberry Chews
- Can of Monster Zero

Lunch:
- M&S Egg and Ham Salad
- Sweet Chilli Special K Cracker Crisps
- 2 x Lotus Biscoff Biscuits
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero

Dinner:
- KFC Original Recipe Toasted Twister with half a portion of Regular Fries, Corn Cobette and Diet Pepsi
- Mango Danio Mini

Other:
- 2 x mini Creme Eggs
- 7 x Mini Eggs
- 2 x Creme Egg Biscuits

Last edited:
Back