The 5:2 Diet - My Feasting and Fasting Diary!

Well I am back again, fatter and unhappier than ever.

Literally haven't been on plan AT ALL in the last fortnight, for a couple of different reasons I won't go into. I'm a huge comfort eater, as you all know, so lets just leave it at that. I can feel myself busting out of my clothes and seeing a massive difference in myself. I was tagged in a couple of FB photos at the weekend and I was disgusted.

It's now not too long until holiday (22wks), and if I carry on this way I'll be back to square one (or worse!) in less than no time. I actually can't even bare the thought of going away at the moment, not looking / feeling like this.

It's a bit of an awkward week to "restart", as we're going away for Easter weekend. But I can't put it off any more. I bet you're all so sick of hearing this over and over again. But please believe me when I say, you can't be any more sick than I am of promising (and letting down!) myself over and over.

We're off to Jesmond / Newcastle for the weekend, so the plan is to try and be super good all week. Get my two Fast days done on Tues & Thurs and then also make good food choices whilst we're away - we've already planned Pizza Express Friday night and Nando's Saturday night, both of which have "healthy" options. I will still probably end up over my calories due to cocktails, etc. But at least if I get one thing right (eating), it may help to counteract the other (drinking).

Anyway, here's how today is looking so far...

Monday 30th March 2015
*Feast Day*

Breakfast:
- Can of Monster Zero
- Oat So Simple Caramel Porridge Pot

Lunch:
- Boots "Nutritious" Mango, Noodle and Pumpkin Seed Salad
- Boots "Shapers" Crunchy Onion Rings
- Boots "Shapers" Sparkling Pink Lemonade

Dinner:
- 2 x Tesco Finest Outdoor Bred Pork Sausages served with Mustard Mash, Mange Tout, Processed Peas and a Mushroom and Red Onion Gravy

Other:
- Belvita Strawberry & Live Yogurt Biscuits
- Rice Krispies bar
- Twix Finger

Last edited:
Welcome back my love! We will never be sick of you and you never have to feel bad coming back and re-starting - loads of us have done it just as many times as you. The fact you're still trying is the most important thing.

And for what it's worth - I thought you looked fab in those pics at the weekend. The coral colour you were wearing looked amazing on you xxx

Welcome back my love! We will never be sick of you and you never have to feel bad coming back and re-starting - loads of us have done it just as many times as you. The fact you're still trying is the most important thing.

And for what it's worth - I thought you looked fab in those pics at the weekend. The coral colour you were wearing looked amazing on you xxx

You are too kind!! They were a big wakeup call for me. Hopefully I can do well throughout the week and then make sensible choices, whilst still enjoying myself, at the weekend.

So far so good today. Haven't even had breakfast yet, as I've actually not felt hungry. By this time last week I'd have scoffed all sorts. Not because I was hungry, but just because I was being a greedy pig. It just goes to show!

Thanks for sticking around, even when I have gone AWOL countless amounts of times xxx

Welcome back Stevie. We've all been in the same boat at some stage. Really missed reading your diary

Thank you lovely. Hoping that this time I can actually stick with it. Despite going away for the weekend, I know deep down that if I make sensible choices I could still get myself a loss. Just got to keep telling myself that, as my mind seems to work more in the way that "Oh well, I'm going away for the weekend so it'll be ruined anyway. No point in trying now - I'll start again next week". I know it's a ridiculous way of thinking, but unfortunately nothing can change that. It's just the way my mind works. Trying hard to fight it though and keep telling myself that I can stay sensible, enjoy a few cocktails and still have a loss. Got to keep thinking of my holiday and being in a bikini for all to see...BORK!! x

You'll be fine. Your having your fast day's during the week. Enjoy your weekend.

Have you gone shopping for any holiday clothes yet? You bought some lovely bikini's last year.

Not yet - well, not clothes shopping anyway. I've bought a couple of pairs of sandals to put away. I don't want to buy clothes yet, because my hope is that I'll be at least one (hopefully more!) size smaller by the time we go away. I did see some lovely bikinis in Primark last week, however I always find their tops to be small fitting as I am quite top heavy! The other reason I like to do my shopping closer to the time is that, because of the fact that we go away in September, all of the summer clothes tend to go in the sale by then! So we can get some good bargains. I do love holiday shopping, but it's just fitting it all in my case which is the problem!

I used to swap the sizes around to get a bigger top and a smaller bottom! So bold!

The ones I liked were actually seperates, so you could mix and match sizes. But the tops are still way out. I tried a size 18 top on and I'd have been lucky for it to even cover one boob, nevermind two! Ridiculous. I'm going to get remeasured nearer the time and then go somewhere that sells the top by bra size, rather than clothing size. I always struggle to find nice, well-fitting bikinis as I need good support - and most of that kind are ugly! Wish I could wear cute little triangle bikinis!

Welcome back, it's always nice to have you here!!

Lydia used to struggle, well she still does, to get nice bikini's, Katie Price used to do lovely underwear, I'm not too sure if she still does, but the cost was reasonable as well.

I saw those fb pics & honestly you looked lovely x

Aww, thank you Michelle. You are too kind xx

Lovely to have you back.

Hope you're all good x don't worry about restarting, the fact you're here is all that matters xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Lovely to have you back.

Hope you're all good x don't worry about restarting, the fact you're here is all that matters xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thank you lovely lady xxx

Good morning diary, happy Tuesday. Getting closer to that long Easter weekend. Woop!!

Aiming to get my first Fast of the week done and dusted today, and then another on Thursday so I can relax a little and enjoy myself in Newcastle.

This is how today is looking so far...

Tuesday 31st March 2015
*Fast Day*

Breakfast (132cals):

- Can of Monster Zero (15)
- Porridge made with 25g Oats, 5g Chia Seeds, Cinnamon and 100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk (117)

Lunch (97cals):
- Graze Smoky Chipotle Dip with Rosemary Breadsticks (95)
- Bottle of Coke Zero (2)

Dinner (162cals):
- Pot of M&S Country Vegetable Soup (162)

Other (97cals):
- Can of Pepsi Max (1)
- Bottle of Dr Pepper Zero (2)
- 250ml Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk (32)
- Mini MaltEaster Bunny (62)

Total Calories:
488 / 500

Last edited:
Back