The allergies made me do it! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Crazystars, 25 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Crazystars

Crazystars Member

Hi everyone,
    In April I began working in a health shop and at 13st 10lbs thought I'd better do something about my weight, get healthier. I started a detox diet and in 2 days I began reacting to was horrible, itchy weals on my face, hives, running nose and eyes..and stuff :) At first didnt know what was going on but for some reason I developed a lot of food allergies very fast. I lost 21lbs quite quickly because of this.

I finally got some kind of control and sorted out a new way of eating but my weight is stuck at 12st 6 -ish. Because what I can eat is now very limited, no gluten, no dairy, no to some fruits and veggies etc. I've decided to lose weight with Atkins. I'm a very happy meat eater, I cant eat pasta or bread or cereal anyways so its the perfect diet for me.

I did a high protein-low carb diet years ago, in the 80's and it suited me then and because of my allergies this will be a permanent lifestyle change, low carbs is easy for me..i dont have much choice lol
    I began Atkins on 22nd July and have lost 4 1/2lbs so far and spent my nights peeing that away!! I hope that eases off soon.
    ...oh and I'm 45, have 3 kids and I'm single, I will be a grandma in jan next year, my eldest daughter is expecting ..whoot! I wanna be a glamarous gran for those baby photos!

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi Cath, welcome to the forum. Good luck on your Atkins journey x
  4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Hi and welcome Cath. What a way to find out about your allergies. Had you been eating those things for years? Atkins sounds fine for you. Let us know how you are doing. I think there's an Atkins section in Other Diets

Irene xx
  5. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Cath

I'm also doing atkins... if you check out other diets & low carb... you'll find a few of us Atkins'ites' lurking there! x
  6. Crazystars

Crazystars Member

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Irene, hi, I had no allergy problems before, no one seems to know why its happened. I ate like everyone else really, a mix of healthy and junk lol. Atkins is great far anyway.

Thanks ditzeeblonde, I'll check out the other diets section.
    I found out this afternoon Boots stock atkins bars!...thank god now I have something to carry around in case of emergency hunger pangs or I forget my lunch or something :)
  7. Silence

Silence Bouncing back

WW Discover Plan
    Good luck with Atkins! There's lads of support and good advice available from members of this site should you find you're having any problems!

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.