The allergies made me do it! :)

Crazystars

Hi everyone,
In April I began working in a health shop and at 13st 10lbs thought I'd better do something about my weight, get healthier. I started a detox diet and in 2 days I began reacting to foods...it was horrible, itchy weals on my face, hives, running nose and eyes..and stuff :) At first didnt know what was going on but for some reason I developed a lot of food allergies very fast. I lost 21lbs quite quickly because of this.

I finally got some kind of control and sorted out a new way of eating but my weight is stuck at 12st 6 -ish. Because what I can eat is now very limited, no gluten, no dairy, no to some fruits and veggies etc. I've decided to lose weight with Atkins. I'm a very happy meat eater, I cant eat pasta or bread or cereal anyways so its the perfect diet for me.

I did a high protein-low carb diet years ago, in the 80's and it suited me then and because of my allergies this will be a permanent lifestyle change, low carbs is easy for me..i dont have much choice lol
I began Atkins on 22nd July and have lost 4 1/2lbs so far and spent my nights peeing that away!! I hope that eases off soon.
...oh and I'm 45, have 3 kids and I'm single, I will be a grandma in jan next year, my eldest daughter is expecting ..whoot! I wanna be a glamarous gran for those baby photos!

~Cath

Hi and welcome Cath. What a way to find out about your allergies. Had you been eating those things for years? Atkins sounds fine for you. Let us know how you are doing. I think there's an Atkins section in Other Diets

Irene xx

Hi Cath

I'm also doing atkins... if you check out other diets & low carb... you'll find a few of us Atkins'ites' lurking there! x

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Irene, hi, I had no allergy problems before, no one seems to know why its happened. I ate like everyone else really, a mix of healthy and junk lol. Atkins is great tho..so far anyway.

Thanks ditzeeblonde, I'll check out the other diets section.
I found out this afternoon Boots stock atkins bars!...thank god now I have something to carry around in case of emergency hunger pangs or I forget my lunch or something :)

Good luck with Atkins! There's lads of support and good advice available from members of this site should you find you're having any problems!

~Silence~

Back