The base of my back and legs are aching :-(

cddietgal

Anyone had this? The base of my back and tops of my legs are really aching.

Its not TOTM an have never really had it before,I feel perfectly well.I did have a urine infection last time I was on CD with an achy back but I have no other symptoms?

I have been drinking about 6lts a day

thanks

cddietgal

PS sorry I seem to be taking vert ths forum atm :mad:

How many days into it are you?????

Not sure how far along in the diet you are, but you can get these cramp type pains in the early days. Other than that - maybe you're coming down with something? Loads of flu-type stuff going about!

Thanks for your replies,I only started last Thursday so maybe its all pretty normal?

Not sure how far along in the diet you are, but you can get these cramp type pains in the early days. Other than that - maybe you're coming down with something? Loads of flu-type stuff going about!

Do you know what causes them?

Umm....yes....can't recall right now - will look it up in my LL book and get back to you!!

Here we go:

When entering ketosis you will lose a large amount of water weight, along with electrolytes, which contain the minerals potassium, magnesium and calcium. This is what causes the leg cramps. The best way to replace these is to salt your food to taste and take a mineral supplement that includes calcium, magnesium and potassium.

If you're not getting enough from your packs, you may need to supplement - but speak to your CDC/LLC first.

I have this when I have been out on a major boozer. Caused because the alcohol does something to the salts in your body - so that makes perfect sense

Back