Cruise PP the battle continues!!

blodwen

well a bit late but day 13 10lb lost so far and am starting to get to grips with adding the veg and being more adventureous with my cooking

B- dry fry turkey bacon rasher, egg reduced tomatoes
L- cottage cheese wraped in ham
D- chicken saag dukan style and salad
oops- small bowl of birds triffle hopefully tiling the floor will work it off fingers crossed
oat bran porridge yum yum!!

Morning all, gosh the nights go so quick LOl, day 14 and scales are showing a 1lb gain (mon my official WI day) I had a pv day but I included diet pepsi which I haven't before, then there was the bowl of triffle and then when going to finish off my crab sticks I decided to check the label( so should have before I ate them) 100g includes 18.3g of carbs, stupidly as it says you can eat them in the book I didn't think to check, well we live and learn. I'm not too worried about the gain atm as I feel as if I'm holding water.
not sure what i'm having to eat today as on pp maybe turkey steack and dry fry eggsMmmm

B 3 turkey rashers and 2 dry fried eggs
L chicken drumstick
s sk milky coffee
D chicken drumstick and slice of ham
oat bran porridge
fed up of food today!

Morning all, Wi wk 2 and 4 lb lost this week a total of 11 pound in two weeks, not bad and I haven't started walking yet as fighting a chest inf/asthma and lots of work going on around the house.
Not sur4e if anyone is looking at my diary but hope your weight loss is going well x

Hello there Bronwen - the site is always quieter at the weekend.

A couple of comments on your menu if you don't mind... firstly, ham... and turkey ham... by all means use as a standby if you're in a rush but both are very salty so try not to revolve too many meals around them if you can get some cooking done.

As for crabsticks, the official stand by Dukan is maximum 8 per day. I agree with you though, far too high in carbs, so I never go over 3 per day. Up to you.

For the bird's trifle, it's so not much your needing to work the calories off (cos we don't count them), it's more that it could well have brought you out of ketosis.

Have you looked at our recipe section? There are a lot of interesting dishes which might bring back your interest for food (in a good way!).

x

Thanks for the reply I was starting to think no one wanted to talk to me LOL
Firstly Ham I but the cooked ham off the bone and the turkey rashers are the low fat carbs will check the salt.
The crab sticks will be a no no.
And as for the calories its just a habit saying I'll work them off, as for ketosis when I test my urine it shows i'm not in it, i'm not sure whether its because i have been doing meal replacement diets, what do you think?

I find it really hard, when theres no actual sign of ketosis, and dukan hasnt gone on about it in his book , I dont think so anyway, but its obviously what is making the weight loss. But when theres no actual sign I find it difficult to know, as when I was on atkins, my level was really low, I mean the level that I stopped loosing weight at, I think I uppped to only about 50 grams of carbs then started stabilizing with my weight.
So that trifle definitely would have tipped me over the level.
Not sure if the sticks were a help or a hindrance to me. Your doing well so far though Blodwen, keep it up :)

thanks Kathy when doing the liquid diet it was so obv' saying that i'm still losing and i get to eat (even tho i don't feel like it some times) and my family feel better seeing me eat. U seen to be doing well how are u finding it?

I've never used ketosis sticks. I presume I was in ketosis though on a permanent basis (at least before I started having weekend invites:eek:) as I lost weight regularly (although not a lot when I'd had a weekend blip.).

Also, you get a real wave of energy when in ketosis - I miss that (more than the weight loss!)

good loss Cathy (spelled correct) ur little one looks gorgeous

laura u have done well too how are finding cons' phase?

hi blodwen im trying to catch up on the diary's ur look like ur doing really well and 11 in two weeks is fab well done !!!!!!!!

Thanks jet i am really pleased and am finding it quite easy atm but sometimes I feel like WHAT can I eat but it soon passes esp as i feel full most of the time, how are you doing now your back on track?

Firstly Ham I but the cooked ham off the bone
Sorry to be the voice of doom and gloom, but pork is actually banned on the diet in France. The only "ham" allowed is a horrid 'fat free' processed variety which bears little resemblance to ham. In the English book, he talks about low fat processed ham... As I said though, I'd advise losing the processed meat habit anyway.

As for ketostix, never wasted money on them. He doesn't talk about ketosis in the book. Just no sugar, no fat etc. so easier... if you've had some sugar, then it's unlikely you'll be in...

I really think the key is to get some cooking done... marinade for flavour. Use herbs and spices as never before (I'm far more adventurous now).
x

Well done on your losses so far. It canm take a bit to get into the rhythm of dukan eating with what is and isnt allowed.
Its good to start off as simple as poss and then start adding things in as boredom sets in.
On the other hand if youre losing, youre losing and you camn save the tweaks for a stall.

Thanks Joanne I am still losing and as Dr D said ham I thought it better to have healthy cooked ham rather than processed as i'm not fussed on any processed food, so was just easier to grab the ham and as I still have so much weight to lose I'll not worry about it at the moment but will only use it if stuck. I don't know if anyone else in uk feels the same but there are lots of things I can't seem to get low carbs and low fat.
Yesterdays menu
B cooked chicken
L tuna marinaded in lime and salad muller toffee yogurt
S chicken breast
D steak in pepper sauce and steamed baby leeks and cabbage
oatbran porridge

today so far
B oatbran porridge
L quiche cottage cheese and chicken, muller Toffee yogurt
D quiche chicken and cottage cheese
S skinny latte

Thanks jet i am really pleased and am finding it quite easy atm but sometimes I feel like WHAT can I eat but it soon passes esp as i feel full most of the time, how are you doing now your back on track?

hi hunny im doing fine thanks and ive got a bit of focus back into my life mt blasted weight !!!

That's great Jet, I'm feeling a bit disapointed(i think that's the word i'm looking for) as thought I was doing ok but it seems I can't have ham or tukey rashers tho I'm sure I read someone on here uses it, I'll have to have a re think by the looks of things.

Well done on your great losses.

"it seems I can't have ham"

Blodwen you are misquoting me...

In response to a post from you querying the slow down of your weight loss, I suggested you post some menus.

This is what I said:

Hello there Bronwen - the site is always quieter at the weekend.

A couple of comments on your menu if you don't mind... firstly, ham... and turkey ham... by all means use as a standby if you're in a rush but both are very salty so try not to revolve too many meals around them if you can get some cooking done.
Have you looked at our recipe section? There are a lot of interesting dishes which might bring back your interest for food (in a good way!).

x

Big difference!

Last edited:
Back