The battle of the Bubble

Oooh. Those brownies sound fantastic. Might be making these myself soon. Well done for another day on sexpress. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sexpress report for Sunday

b'fast - muesli (HE-B) soaked in fat free yog, 2/3 mixed berries

lunch - SW veg soup

tea - turkey, petit pois, sweetcorn, carrots, gravy 2 syns? baked potato

dessert - 2/3 plate of raspberries with SW choc brownies Mmmmmmm.... here's the link:

Pretty and Polished: Slimming World Brownies

I found loads of brownie recipes but liked the sound of this one - I added 1/4 tsp of baking powder as others said it improved it - it's only 12.5 syns for the recipe inc the topping!

But I experimented by adding the following ingredients to each third of the mixture on the tray:

1. 20g chopped dried apricots 2.5 syns I think and nuts (only 4 syns for 12.5 grams and lots of nuts for that so used that amount in all 3 types
2. chopped glace cherry - 2 syns each so only used 2 plus the nuts
3. choc drops 3.5 syns for 12g plus the nuts

But they all tasted the same - probably cos I only used small amounts to keep the syns low - so next time I'll just add the lower syn ones - apricots, nuts and choc drops - I didn't like the topping so won't make that again so that will save syns. My version added up to 26.5 syns for 15 good sized slices that's 1.8 syns per slice - I had 3 slices so 5.4 syns well worth it!

So 7.4 syns in total.

Drinks - 2 Coffees - ss milk HE-A, water, diet drinks
How much sweetener did you use? Lots of people commenting after the recipe that 150g is too much. Just wondered what you used as might give these a go.

Morning

Really upset this morning keep crying through sheer frustration :(
What did I do wrong? Kept within my syns exercised had a good amount of superfree food. :confused:
Ive lost 0.5lb! Not even my gain from last week!!:banghead:
I really felt good yesterday and those numbers on the scales really shocked me. I got on 5 times and changed the battery incase its the scales. :mad:
Sorry to rant, I know its a loss but its not what i expected. If had time this morning id be eating chocolate to make me feel better:what:
Ill update cm losses later to inlude febs but even thats not making me happy.
Hope i calm down b4 i come home at lunchtime otherwise i will be sabotaging feel it coming on.

Sorry girls hope u all have a good day. :thumbup:

How much sweetener did you use? Lots of people commenting after the recipe that 150g is too much. Just wondered what you used as might give these a go.

Hi - I used half so 75g as others suggested then tasted the mixture - it wasn't sweet enough for me - so just added a few tsps more - and it worked out fine.

Oh had a few - about half left unbelievably even tho' I have syns left - I've put them away in a plastic box - hopefully they'll be ok 2moro! Good luck with yours if u do them. Have you ever made a quark cheesecake? That may be my next effort

Morning

Really upset this morning keep crying through sheer frustration :(
What did I do wrong? Kept within my syns exercised had a good amount of superfree food. :confused:
Ive lost 0.5lb! Not even my gain from last week!!:banghead:
I really felt good yesterday and those numbers on the scales really shocked me. I got on 5 times and changed the battery incase its the scales. :mad:
Sorry to rant, I know its a loss but its not what i expected. If had time this morning id be eating chocolate to make me feel better:what:
Ill update cm losses later to inlude febs but even thats not making me happy.
Hope i calm down b4 i come home at lunchtime otherwise i will be sabotaging feel it coming on.

Sorry girls hope u all have a good day. :thumbup:

Hi - oh I feel for u - this weight thing messes about with our heads - but at least it's a loss and Pippa's mentioned totm so that could well be the cause and what's making u emotional.

U did do well last week - healthy food too - so try not to spoil all that today (says me who's done it over and over!).

These days I try to plan a treat on WI day of say 15 syns (or more if u need them) then make the meals and snacks I like so I really enjoy what I'm eating that day - have u got time to plan/prepare something like that?

We're here for u so keep ranting but pls pls don't sabotage urself - u'll be even madder in the morning (or even 5 mins after - that's from one who knows!!)

Take care - get those sexy boots on & look at ur red hair in the mirror - u'r looking good and 9lbs lighter!

No need to apologise either!!

Lots of people have adopted my marble jar :) it is good. Not nice moving them the wrong way though as I've found out lately!

Hi guys
stats updated - I guess im toning up hey? Thanks for all your encouragement.
Trying my best not to ruin all the hard work but finding it very difficult not to say sod it! Hubbys just woke up and told me how good Im looking which has made me cry again, why don't I feel it?
Anyway onwards and upwards I guess, lost 1.1875lb per week on average if I can keep above the 1lb a week Ill get to target b4 2015!
Did the 6th DS at lunch time so Im not giving up just yet.

Yes the TOTM fairy was here last week it was due this week so emotions running ontime. very weird.:confused:

Have you ever made a quark cheesecake? That may be my next effort

Ive made cheesecake in the past is lovely, I actually had it on my online shop for yesterday and they sent a replacement of lemon quark, never tried this b4 but not sure if I fancy putting any other flavour with the lemon, what do you think?

I know how you feel hun.... bodies are funny things xx

Don't be too down Bubble, I know you would have liked to loose more than 1/2lb but it is still a loss. I know it is frustrating but giving up and having a binge will just make you feel worse and possibly undo some of your hard work. As you said, on average you have lost over 1 lb per week and over time that will add up. Keep the faith and stick with the programme. Weight is just a number, you are so much more than that. :bighug:

Last edited:
Ive made cheesecake in the past is lovely, I actually had it on my online shop for yesterday and they sent a replacement of lemon quark, never tried this b4 but not sure if I fancy putting any other flavour with the lemon, what do you think?

Mmmmm know what u mean - how about lemon and lime with some grated dark choc on top? Or just the lemon quark on top of a meringue nest & a few chopped nuts (or grated choc) on top?

Glad ur hubby can see a difference as well as ur measuring - exercise def tones us up!!

Thanx for sharing hannah!

Well another dissapointment today my little girl didnt get her first choice of secondary sch. It breaks my heart to see her so upset, she had her heart set on it. :(
Her second choice is a fab school shes just not seeing it at the moment.

Ive given in to a few treats i will syn them later but couldnt help it. Todays been crap! All back to norm tomorrow. Planned and ready to try again. X

Things do happen for a reason. :) Shes going to be fine shes just a drama queen at the moment! X

Back