The biggest mistakes I've made on CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Guru, 25 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    1) Stopping coming to Minimins. I felt guilty because I cheated and ashamed to admit it so stayed away. I now realise it was a big mistake.

2) Forgetting that this diet is a CHOICE and not a punishment. When I am feeling miserable I should remind myself I CHOOSE to do this, no one is forcing me.

3) Not drinking enough water. I still struggle with this daily, but I am making more of an effort.

4) Setting too big a goal. Since I have broken my goals down into more manageable pieces, I have found myself thinking they are much more achievable. Ten stone seems such a MASSIVE amount, but two stone is something I know I can do.

Any others to add?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misspinkkat

misspinkkat Can hug her knees :)

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    Being a little too confident, that was my mistake last week, I had done brilliantly over the weeks and decided to have something to eat and a glass of wine, I was confident I'd get straight back on it, how wrong I was I forgot how hard the first week or so was :(
    xx

4. parisbeach

parisbeach Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.1lb(10.9%)
    never beat yourself up over a slight blip to plan, As i heard yesterday from a friend, there 7 days in a week if each day was a rose and you started out with 7 and 1 wiltered would you throw them all away..... NO you wouldn't so if you had a bad day, put it out of your mind and look at the days you have been good, you cannot change it but you can more forward.

5. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Guru I am so with you on all of those points!!! I am about to try AGAIN to restart and I really do need to stop making those mistakes. I have set my target again to make it less daunting and that has made me more motivated.

I'm struggling here with you! xxx

6. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome back Gem, it's nice to see a familiar face return.

I think sometimes it's hard to accept that we are only human and although it's FANTASTIC that some people can stick to this 100%, I suspect the vast majority don't and fall off the wagon at some point. Learning to accept it and move on is a big part of CD, and for changing our lives in the future. I am always pleased to see restarters! You can do it too :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.