The Binge stops right here thread...

Flab-u-less-Flower

Silver Member
Hello,
Since I am a newbie, I was wondering if maybe a sticky can be created for people who binge? It would be nice if we had a thread that we can come to and type what we want to binge on, instead of going thru with a real binge... I think having a place to talk about what we want to consume would help tremendously.

I think it would be ideal to have something like this because lastnight I could have come here to a binge thread and typed what I wanted to eat, instead of going thru and eating my way through it.

Anybody else that still struggles occasionally from binges are you with me here on this one? What do you think?

WE also have "Late Night Sofa" thread to come and "dump" about anything that Members are feeling/struggling with. Food related or not.

Lacey x :)

Rowan,
nope your not a binger. A cheat and a binge are 2 entirely different things. Unless you ever binged, its hard to explain. But basically a binge is when you eat a lot of food in a short time frame and your out of control putting everything and anything you can get your hands on into your mouth, a little bit is not enough, once I start on chocolate all I want is more chocolate, its like I am a junkie and need my fix. It sucks and its a toughie, but I am tougher and I am bound and determined to beat this!

Thanks for the food dump thread KD, bizarre name though. Sounds more like laxative abuse to me with that kind of name...

Thanks Isis, I will have a looksie at Late Nite Sofa thread, good to know its here if I need it.

Thanks for the food dump thread KD, bizarre name though. Sounds more like laxative abuse to me with that kind of name...

Lost in Translation...

It is funny how words mean different things in different cultures:p

A "Dump" this part of the world...means a rubbish tip for disposing of unwanted items and household waste.

To use Dump as in going to the toilet would be considered vulgar slang.

I had an American friend when I was young and still very much a virgin:rolleyes: and he was always asking me to go for a 'ride' :eek: :eek:

He meant to go for a drive in the car...well at least I think that is what he meant... come to think of it all these years later perhpas. :doh:

Love Mini xxx

LOLOL Mini :D

I must admit that from a psychological viewpoint, the word dump is better for this kind of thread.

You 'dump'....you move on.

You 'binge' and it just keeps going on.

Binging happens and it's good if we can talk about it on here, but there will be the temptation to use the thread to list each thing one after the other...getting more and more into it, rather than working on bring it to a stop and moving on.

It would be easy for it to turn into a trigger thread for some.

Mini a ride here can be meant both ways, but I am sure he really wanted to take you for a fun sex ride no doubt! Thats funny...

A dump here means a place where you bring garbage to. But it also means something you do in the toilet #2

KD, yeah I think it helps talking about a binge. What about posting a Warning, may cause food triggers for some... This way they are cautioned and can stay away from the thread if that is the case for them.

What about posting a Warning, may cause food triggers for some... This way they are cautioned and can stay away from the thread if that is the case for them.

Unfortunately those type of warnings rarely work for those it will affect the most - such is life I suppose :sigh:

I have found the 'food dump' very handy on occasion - give it a go!! :)

If I need it in the future, I will use the food dump, thank DQ.... Hmnnn... speaking of yummy foods, looking at your name. DQ here in the states is a DAIRY QUEEN, where you get all kinds of yummy icecreams. Just thought I would mention that. Are their DQ's in your neck of the woods? No worries that will not send me into a binge, I am in control

Getting rid of a thought or two about a 'fancy' for an item of food works well in the food dump.

During a binge though, it's best to concentrate on your feelings ie why you are wanting to eat in excess. The desire for food is just a symptom of something more and thinking about the symptom rather than the cause does little to help IMO.

If you imagine a 'cutter' wanting to have a sticky so they can verbalise each area of their body they want to cut, perhaps you'll see my point. It's neither good for the binger, nor others reading it.

well i once ate 12 fudge ice cream bars one after the other, but i cant resist those sort of things - i darent buy things in bulk anymore!
I supoose that is abinge but i control it by not buying them to begin with. if you look in my fridge/freezer there is nothing to tempt you - the only thing i i kind of can't leave alone now is those alpen light bars, but for under 70 cals, even if i ate all 6 it isnt going to do much harm.
The trick is DONT buy it in the first place, dont go to the shop and dont ring a take away, talk yourself out of it till at least everywhere is shut.
We dont get dairy queens here.

If I need it in the future, I will use the food dump, thank DQ.... Hmnnn... speaking of yummy foods, looking at your name. DQ here in the states is a DAIRY QUEEN, where you get all kinds of yummy icecreams. Just thought I would mention that. Are their DQ's in your neck of the woods? No worries that will not send me into a binge, I am in control

Whoops!!!! Well my initials stand for Drama Queen or Queen of all Drama :cool: We don't have any Dairy Queens here in Sussex that I know of....

Hi Flower :)

This made me smile at the different interpretations :D

DQ in this neck of the woods can only mean one thing and that is THE Drama Queen!! (D_Q) ..:queen: :rolleyes::D...aka Queenie :D...and followed a close second by Queenie II...aka Isis....:queen:

Last edited:
Ok you 2 queenies, I'm pleased to know weightloss ROYALTY..... Here in the states Queens can have a whole nother meaning though.....

Ok you 2 queenies, I'm pleased to know weightloss ROYALTY..... Here in the states Queens can have a whole nother meaning though.....

Yep, here in the UK too Flower :D

My "Queen" status relates more to a few thousand years ago though when the Gods and Goddesses were partying hard in Ancient Egypt...:smoke::queen::party0016:

Last edited:
Back