The bite size ramblings of Biker Chick

So by some amazing stroke of luck, I lost another pound this week taking my slimming world total to 7 lbs :D Imagine what I could achieve if I stop half arsing it!

This weekend I had 2 days completely off plan. Saturday I had tinned tomato soup, a cheese topped roll with butter and hula hoops for lunch. Then we went out to celebrate Steve's granddad's 90th birthday and I had wine, breaded brie, salmon in herb butter and......more wine.

Sunday was Lidl's own Kfc with oven chips, a maple and pecan Danish, a cheese twist (damn you Lidl for opening a bakery!) whiskey, wine, more chicken and 1/2 an Easter egg :eek:

How I got a pound off I have no idea but I know full well it will catch up with me! I therefore have challenged myself to stick 100% on plan for 7 days. It doesn't sound hard but I keep going over syns or skipping my healthy extras or not having my superfree. I am stuck with the mantra that to lose weight you simply eat less and move more. So last week if I had my HEB left for the day, I was choosing to have a vodka of the same calories instead and convincing myself it was ok. If I'm going to give slimming world a proper chance, I HAVE to do it 100%. So as from today I will be having 1/3 superfree with every meal, using my HEA & my HEB, use 105 syns over the week and eating until I'm satisfied. If I give it 7 days I can prove to myself that it will work if I stick to it.

I quite fancy trying a butternut squash and spinach lasagne so I'm off to search for a slimming world friendly recipe.

Your plan sounds good to me. Im making myself give it 100% too this week. I keep slipping up and need to stop. Im stuck on the eat less, move more stance too. I keep thinking how can you lose weight eating so much?! but I guess millions of people have had success so it must work! Good luck and have a nice yummy food dayx

Mondays food - Extra Easy

Breakfast -
2 egg omelette with chicken ham, mushrooms & tomatoes (superfree) (0.5 Syns for spray of oil)

Coffee with splash skimmed milk (0.5 Syns)

Snack -
Spicy mugshot, Apple

Lunch -
Home made Vegetable soup, strawberries, banana, toffee greek muller (0.5 Syns)

Dinner -
Chilli Con Carne (4 Syns for packet mix) on jacket potatoes topped with cheese (HEA) served with salad

2 alpen lights (HEB)

Also had a few slices of ham mid afternoon and a packet of maltesers for 9 syns, taking my total syns to 14.5 and all hextras used.

Last edited:
Last night's yummy dinner (changed the jacket to wedges and added jalapeños and quark )

Attachments

• 1398747266121.jpg
    1398747266121.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 48
Good morning diary!

Well I am one tired lady today. My 6 year old has conjunctivitis along with a fever so he was in and out of our room all night, which in turn kept disturbing my 3 year old, causing him to keep yelling for me. Aaargh! When I'm this tired I tend to want to eat and eat. After a 100% on plan day yesterday, I can't trip at this small hurdle. So I have decided to have my very first green day!

Today's food will be something like

Green

Breakfast - Wholemeal toast (HEB 1), Banana, coffee/dash of skimmed milk (0.5 syns)

Morning snack - Bowl of carrot "chips"

Lunch - Home made vegetable soup with a handful of pasta thrown in. Strawberries, apple, kiwi. Vanilla Muller Light

Dinner -
Butternut squash & spinach lasagne (I am so excited for this, I've prepared it already and it looks lush! + only 3 syns and 4 HEA's for the whole dish!)

Snack - 2 alpen lights (HEB 2)

Will update syns when I decide what to spend them on later :D

Syns for yesterday totalled 10 after 1 syn on dinner, 2.5 on a hot choc and 6 for a curly wurly evening treat omm nom nom.

The bns lasagne was the best lasagne I have ever made so we are having the leftovers for dinner tonight, turning today into another green day.

It was so easy to make I will post my version of the recipe in case any one fancies giving it a go!

Butternut squash & spinach lasagne

Serves 5

1 HEA & 1 Syn per serving on EE & Green

1 large butternut squash - peeled and sprinkled with garlic granules, salt, pepper & aromat then roasted on 200 degrees for around 40 minutes until browning but not burnt. (aromat is a knorr seasoning and is in a bright yellow pot found with the herbs and spices in most supermarkets)

A tip for peeling your butternut squash: prick it all over with a knife and microwave for about 4 minutes. Allow to cool and the skin slices off so easily!

600 grams frozen spinach - defrost and squeeze all moisture out in a sieve.

200 gram tub low fat cottage cheese

100 grams quark

2 laughing cow light triangles. (1.5 syns each)

120 grams cheddar cheese (4 HEA)

Basic ragu sauce - approx. 800ml ( I make a big pan every week using tinned tomatoes, passata, garlic, onions, sweetener, basil and oregano, a stock cube and some tomato puree. Basically cook all ingredients and blitz. A slimming world staple really but if you google slimming world ragu you will find exact quantities or you can just make it to your taste)

Pasta lasagne sheets (I used around 12)

Method

Mix strained spinach with cottage cheese, quark, 2 laughing cow light triangles and 60 grams of the cheddar cheese. Season with salt, pepper, garlic granules and I added a tsp. of mustard powder to bring out the cheese flavour.

In a large baking dish put a layer of ragu, followed by a layer of pasta, followed by 1/3 of the spinach mix, followed by 1/3 of the butternut squash. Top this with a layer of ragu and so on until you have 3 layers finishing with the ragu.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Remove foil and grate the remaining 60 grams cheddar over the top, turn the oven up to 200 degrees and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot throughout.

I have a reasonably new fan assisted oven so cooking times may vary.

My dish served 5 generous portions so I rounded it up to 1 HEA and 1 syn per serving

Happy hump day!

I finally have all 3 boys at school/nursery today so I actually have a whole 2 hours to myself (youngest does mornings at nursery) I have just sat and browsed on here with no TV in the background, just pure silence.....BLISS :party0049:

Positive news today that my conservatory is finally nearly finished. It has taken months and I really want to get my running machine back from my mums and get shifting this blubber :whacky068: I lovveee running, it's my me time when I can just crank up some tunes and imagine I'm on a desert island far, far away! It also helps tremendously to shift weight and change your body shape. I used to have the treadmill in the dining room but we have recently had that knocked through to create a kitchen diner which is why I've had to wait sooo long to get it back at my place. Floor tiles are now chosen so I'm just waiting to hear when they will be laid and voila, my gym/bar/pool room will be ready to roll!

I have been neglecting exercise since the building started really (no one wants a load of builders watching them jiggle around in a red sweaty mess!) which was before Christmas!!! I used to love Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and I got up to level 8 before I stopped. If you want to shift crazy, insane inches you have to try it. It is really hard work but the results are amazing. Ohh I'm so excited to start again. I loved watching my body change shape week by week.

Anyway todays foodage:

Green Day (love that band!!)

Breakfast - Baked beans on wholemeal toast (HEB 1) Topped with 30 grams cheddar (HEA 1), Coffee/ss milk (0.5 Syns)

Snack - Mugshot (was cold and hungry, I don't often buy these)

Lunch - HM vegetable soup, apple, strawberries, Greek muller (0.5 Syns)

Dinner - BNS Lasagne (yes! get in ma belly) with salad or veggies TBC

Will update later, off to collect mini me from nursery. Peace = shattered

Feeling pants today! caved in and had a bottle of red last night which, in turn, led to 4 milk bottles and a mini twix. Then I got snappy with my DH, fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at about 1am with the worst migraine ever! I don't know why I do it. I am such a happier person when I don't drink but I just keep on reaching for that bottle.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay line drawn. EE day today because I can't be bothered to put too much thought into it. Just feeling MEH :(

hugs to you x I ate rubbish yesterday because I feel ill and rubbish, then was lounging on the sofa most of the night too! If you like a small drink now and then why not get the little mini bottles? Iv seen in Asda the small 1/2 glass size bottles of wine. Good to use if you want a small drink and not go crazy with it x

hugs to you x I ate rubbish yesterday because I feel ill and rubbish, then was lounging on the sofa most of the night too! If you like a small drink now and then why not get the little mini bottles? Iv seen in Asda the small 1/2 glass size bottles of wine. Good to use if you want a small drink and not go crazy with it x

Yes, this would be a better idea or not buy any at all! Problem is I live opposite Lidl so it's easy to just nip out for a bottle. I am off it completely (she says) for a while now anyway. I find I'm happier that way x x

So yesterdays Syns looked something like

Splash milk for coffee 0.5 syns

Greek coconut muller 0.5 syns

Bottle red wine 25.5 syns :eek:

4 milk bottle sweets 2 syns

Funsize twix 5 syns

Total for the day 33.5 syns

Total for week 57/105 with 4 days left

So that leaves me 48 for the next 4 days which isn't really too bad if you think about it. The more I think about it the more I think there may have been a curly wurly in there too. Can't believe I can't remember :eek: will ask DH and adjust accordingly.

Todays food EE

Breakfast - 4 ryvita (HEB) with 2 boiled eggs, EL mayo (0.5syns) & ham

Snack - Mugshot, apple

Lunch - Vegetable & bean pasta, apple, Greek lemon muller (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Left over chilli w/pasta & roast veg

Yesterday went well and I ended the day on 7 syns after a curly wurly so all good.

We are just about to book our August holiday - due to wanting a pool table and other stuff for the conservatory we are taking our folding camper to Devon for 10 days. The site is on a river and has rope swings, canoes, adventure courses and all sorts. It sounds wicked fun especially for our boys BUT I am determined to shape up and shift this weight by then. I am fed up of feelings like the fat girl on holiday. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

So from Monday I will be starting body revolution again and running twice a week as well. That's 6 work outs a week with Sundays off, for 13 weeks. It's tough but only 30 minutes a day. I can make time for it, I have to.

Also cutting out alcohol (except June 15th, my birthday :beer:) for the entire 90 days.

I will be doing mainly red days as ee seems to encourage me personally to eat more.

So starting Monday I will be on it like a car bonnet :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok so Monday didn't happen it being a bank holiday and all and yesterday I was good until my 6 year old cut his head open at the park. He's ok but after seeing all that blood I needed a couple of glasses of wine to calmy nerves! Was too shattered to cook dinner so we ended up with cheese on toast.

My builders are back this week to finish the patio so no privacy to work out. I have decided to stay on plan for the rest of the week but start my new exercise regime on Monday, when hopefully the builders will be done!

So far today had beans, mushrooms and onions for breakfast :p and an apple just now. Lunch is a big bowl of chicken and veg soup with pearl barley followed by fruit and yoghurt. Dinner will be lemon and rosemary chicken breast with roasted vegetables and I'm not sure what else yet x

Feeling pants to be honest. Mother nature has come calling and this month's a rough one :( had pizza hut last night and just want to eat and eat. My stomach is cramping so bad, I just can't be bothered with anything. Hoping to get the weekend over with and crack on with it Monday.

Been an absent logger but still around. Fed up with keep changing my mind whether to count calories or slimming world. Slimming world works, counting calories is extremely accurate but very time consuming. Huff. I know if I trust the plan and stick to it then I will lose. It's just getting that into my head. Hard work and dedication are the only things that are stopping me from reaching my goal, not what diet plan I'm following. Time to refocus, watch this space :)

Red day

B - 2 laughing cow light (part a)on 2 wholemeal toast (1st b)with ham and salad leaves
Coffee (other part a - splash left for hot chocolate tonight)

Snack - banana

L - ham,tuna, cottage cheese salad with light salad cream (2)
2 alpen lights (2nd b)
Apple
Swizzle lolly (2)

D - bolognaise with roasted vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, courgettes)

Hot chocolate with 5 sugar free marshmallows (4)

Having such a hungry day today. Does anyone else ever feel like they're over eating even if it's all on plan? Can't stop today and it's only 11am! Going to run iut of food at this rate lol.

Red day
B - 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast(b), ham and rocket.
Coffee (splash of milk from a)

S - apple, muller, few bits roast chicken breast, quavers (4.5) swizzle lolly (2) 2 cheese strings (a)

L - butternut squash soup with shredded chicken and mushrooms
2 alpen lights
Fruit

D - curried mince & roasted vegetables

S - hot chocolate and marshmallows (4 + rest of a for milk)

So a possibility of 10.5 syns and all healthy extras used but feel like a greedy so and so!

Back