The bite size ramblings of Biker Chick

hiya, I said Id pop in! keep it up, Im feeling positive at the moment but im only on day 3 of my restart so time will tell! How are you lately?

Been updating on insta gram rather than here and I also keep a paper journal, have done for about six years! It's all weight loss related so reading it back is a real eye opener.

Scales showed 11.7 Sunday so I'm hoping to hang on to that at least by next week. Had a few bad days so we'll see!

Feeling very motivated this morning although only three days until the end of term so the next 7 weeks will be completely out of routine. I am not going to let myself gain 9 lb though (it's been known)

I'm still running and lifting weights plus 3 school runs a day at the moment so need to keep up the lifting and running during the summer holidays. I am determined to continue with strong lifts as even though the pounds don't fly off, my body is changing and I'm progressing strength wise. I also know that any pounds I do lose are fat not fat and muscle like I would lose without the weights.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Okay so have completed my workout this morning and also added in some pull up/chin up training. Crazy lady over here just loves to feel the burn in her muscles for days after a workout lol! Seriously want to be able to do pull ups though and having a goal motivates me to keep going.

Food today is looking like a red day

B - 2 boiled eggs with extra light mayo, 4 slices of wafer thin roast chicken and rocket. 2 x coffees (part hea)

L - 4 Ryvita ( heb ) with 4 slices of wafer thin roast chicken, 2 lcl triangles (part hea) cucumber, tomatoes, jalapeños and cottage cheese.
Nectarine, peach, muller light

D - Tuna & butternut squash fishcakes with roasted sprouts, courgettes, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. May add a syn free bbq sauce for dipping.

S - probably a curly wurly (6) and some wotsits (5) may throw a hot chocolate in there for another 2 syns and the rest of my first hea. Won't bother with the second hea today

Does this look okay to any of you successful slimming worlders? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

looks fine to me. I keep thinking of red days but couldnt do without the carbs lol, saying that Iv only not had any yet today so could turn it to a red day...
the fishcakes sound nice, Iv got some lean turkey mince in the fridge for a proper red day- possibly tomorow! did you mash the squash and mix it in with the tuna first? I might try that with my turkey burgers and add some curry spices and roasted veg. Do you find red days easy to get through and that you dont get too hungry?

I roasted the butternut squash with the intention of mixing it with the tuna as you said but when I smelt it cooking I fancied curry so added chicken, onions, mushrooms and spinach along with spices and passata and it smells good. I do like the idea of mixing it with turkey mince as it's so low fat it can sometimes be a bit dry.

I'm not a big carb lover really, bread doesn't bother me and as long as I have lots of protein and roasted veg I don't feel hungry. I am a saint when I'm on plan but it's staying there that's the problem lol! I like the idea of 2 hea's & 2 heb's but try not to use them for the sake of it. Try a few and see how you get on x

Last edited:
Morning diary, yay for Friday at last!

Well after a few off plan days this week culminating in a gorgeous scampi & chips overlooking the beach, I am firmly back on the wagon and buckled in! A low syn red day yesterday saw the scales this morning saying 11.7 :) Happy to take that as my start weight for a week of 100% on plan days and most of them red.

I decided yesterday that I can either use these next 6 weeks of the school holidays to sit on my bum and eat rubbish, then come September feel fat & disappointed in myself OR I can work out, eat lovely healthy foods and start September feeling good and one step closer to my goal. I'll take the latter thank you very much. It's funny how much bad food choices can influence my mood not only on the day, but the following morning also. It's like I wake up and remember my poor choices which leaves me angry and disappointed in myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly no saint (that would be no fun) but I do really want this now and the only thing stopping me is me!

Yesterdays (Thursday) food

RED

Breakfast - 1 egg mashed with extra light mayo (0.5) 4 Ryvita (Heb 1) cottage cheese & cucumber.
2 x coffee with skimmed milk (part Hea)

Lunch - 4 Ryvita (Heb 2) tin of mackerel in tomato sauce, cucumber, cheery tomatoes, beetroot, jalepenos, gherkins
Strawberry muller light (lidl version)

Snack - Nectarine

Dinner - Chicken breast, lots of veg (courgettes, mushrooms, onions, spinach, butternut squash, tomatoes, all mixed with lots of spices and topped with cheese (rest of Hea)

Snack - Jelly (0.5)

A yummy day finishing on 1 syn

Definately don't spend the hols eating and sitting on your bum! I find it easier to eat well in the summer. Fresh salads and berries etc. And more exercise too like cycling or walking. Let me know when you are thinking about fasting. I always fast on days where I'm not at work but most people find it easier the other way round!

No, I won't be sitting on my bum, well not with 3 boys under 9 anyway!

I just have less "me" time for working out when they're off school and with days out meals become more tricky but I am not going to let myself make excuses. I am loving my lifting and really progressing but it would only take a couple of weeks to lose a lot of the strength gains and I've worked to hard to get here!

I am definitely interested in the fast days, it's just a matter of planning and discipline. I will have a browse of some 5:2 diaries before I try it though.

Food on Friday: Red

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs and a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce

Lunch - tuna salad (1), strawberry muller, jelly (0.5), chewy delight (b)

Dinner - home made burgers, wedges (b) roasted courgettes and onions, topped with cheese (2 hea)

Snack - curly wurly (6) oddities (6)

Morning Monday :D

Had a great weekend but food wise it was not so great. Lovely warm weather, country pubs and long summer evenings tend to equal flavoured cider which in turn equals poor food choices! Never mind, life is for living and I've 5 whole days to pull it back.

Was going to do a fast day today but woke up so hungry I knew I wouldn't last! Will definitely try tomorrow though, just need some advice on what to eat. Any filling suggestions?

Going to start the mammoth task of sorting out the spare room today, it's full of junk and the plan is to do a boot fair on Sunday to earn some extra holiday cash. The only problem is that the boys are home so every toy is going to be hung onto like it's their favourite one in the world! Little monsters!

Food plan today is beans, 2 eggs and ham for breakfast. Lunch I am fancying a cottage cheese salad with chopped apple,carrots and raisins (saw it on here somewhere and thought it sounds yum) and dinner will be a big bowl of chicken stew (5 syns for the packet of stuffing I always put in it to flavour and thicken) some yoghurt, fruit and jelly will factor in somewhere and possibly a curly wurly.

Right, off to the abyss that is the spare room!

I'm still alive, honestly :)

I have been so bad at updating on here but I still read my subscribed threads every day as they really motivate me. I have abandoned the slimming world ship for now as unfortunately I was using free food as an excuse to scoff what I like. I'm that kind of person, if something is free I can kid myself it doesn't contain calories ;-)

I have been calorie counting for the last few weeks and this last week I completed my first full week of 5 : 2. The scale is happy with me, 11.2 this morning! Cc and 5:2 has helped me drop 6 lbs in 2 weeks! Can't believe I am so close to the tens. I can't remember the last time I was this weight. Must keep pushing though. Feast day today but I'm still logging calories as if I just ate ad lib I know I would over eat. Sticking to around 1950 which is still loads and no more fasts until Tuesday. Will update progress more often and post my fast day eats x

Back