The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

Pop music for me! Lady gaga, katy perry, bit of britney. Very different to the classical music I normally listen to lol but has a better exercise beat :)

We all have kettlebells shall we challenge ourselves this week with those? I'm going to, even if others don't wanna join in :)

This week:

200 swings
100 cleans
100 presses
100 bicep curls

Leave me out of this one, not that I know what these are but would probably only manage 100 in total.

I will stick to the bike for now.
I have a stepper which i haven't used for years as its bloody hard but I think I will drag that downstairs after work tomorrow and have a shot at that.

I will have a look see what all these moves are for Kettlebell and try a few of these but doubt that I can get anywhere near the amount you are doing

I've started listening to music while exercising now and find that I usually average 35k sometimes less and sometimes more depending on the beat of the music.
When I just watch tv I range anywhere from 25 to 32ish k so music is the way to go, makes it a lot more fun too.

Lady ga ga is a good one to go with

Lucylu79 said:
Do you like ludivico?

As in Einaudi? Undecided. Very easy listening but uses very obvious structure. My housemate listens to it sometimes.

Ange, just build up slowly with the bell and you'll be swinging 200 in no time :D good luck with the stepper!

Enough said although I happen to love his music. So you guys average 35k per hr, I need to up the pace!!!! Oh and black widow I'm with you on the dance music ;)

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Einaudi. Like I said, easy on the ears :) I think I might actually have some Einaudi sheet music might dig it out this week.

Lost 3.5lbs this week :) had to nip outta work to weigh in and now reeeeaaalllllly don't wanna keep working. Might take it home and do it from there lol. While on exercise bike :p

Well now I remember why my stepper has been hidden away for so long.
I brought it downstairs tonight which was a marathon in itself. After lugging it down I was knackered. I think it weighs more than I have lost.
Anyway I think you are supposed to do about 10 mins each day on it. Me being clever decided that I would do 15. After 2 mins I thought I was dying so decided that I would stop for a bit after 5 mins if I survived that long (I did). In total it took me 30 mins to do 15 mins steps so do I count this as 30 mins or 15 mins haha,

Its supposed to be really good for toning up and I could really feel it pulling so fingers x'd. It's not hidden away anymore so I will use it.
That was instead of my bike and after my tea has settled I might give the kettlebell a go.

Good luck for your weigh in tonight Aesir :D

Lost 3.5lbs this week :) had to nip outta work to weigh in and now reeeeaaalllllly don't wanna keep working. Might take it home and do it from there lol. While on exercise bike :p

You sneaked on here while I was writing my essay.

Brilliant loss Aesir, I bet you;re really happy about that!

And a mulit tasker, wow, I thought only us women could do that.

Thanks, now I will carry on even if it kills me.

Just finished 30 mins kettlebell. I don't know how many wotsits I did, I didn't count and I made up my own moves because I don't know what the wotsits are. :bliss:

My arms are burning a bit and my legs, I hope I can move tomorrow,

well done Ange, be careful you dont hurt yourself though - maybe worth researching some moves online and best form for doing them because its a lot of strain in some places if you're not doing it quite right?

Also, well done on your stepper - 15mins is amazing, i hate the stairmaster at the gym :( so haaaaaard!

well done Aesir on your loss thats amazing! :)

i did an hours PT yesterday and he helped me run 3.1km! :D

also went to school gym today and I tried again on the bike to beat Aesir's time.. but i think i am working flat out.. i managed to beat my time by...... 1 second :p 25mins 53seconds!

sorry Lucy, cross posted - must be difficult having your little one to always be exercising - you've done some fab exercise this week, am sure WI wont be as bad as you think xxx

well done Ange, be careful you dont hurt yourself though - maybe worth researching some moves online and best form for doing them because its a lot of strain in some places if you're not doing it quite right?

Also, well done on your stepper - 15mins is amazing, i hate the stairmaster at the gym :( so haaaaaard!

well done Aesir on your loss thats amazing! :)

i did an hours PT yesterday and he helped me run 3.1km! :D

also went to school gym today and I tried again on the bike to beat Aesir's time.. but i think i am working flat out.. i managed to beat my time by...... 1 second :p 25mins 53seconds!

You're doing great with your exercise. I wish I could run even half as far as that and an hours exercise is fantastic.

Sorry, the moves that 'i have been doing are real moves, I just don't know what they are called and done in no particular order.
The other guys probably know me well enough by now to know that I will more than likely slip fairly soon with the kettlebell as I only do it for short burst before I get bored./lazy.

No Ange, kettlebellwill be consistent and maintained :)

I'm gonna do some bike and bell before my lesson. And my aunt who lives down the road is getting a treadmill. I will clearly be using it more than her!

Back