The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

I dont mind doing it in the gym, but im totally freaked out about doing it outside.. really not got the confidence at the moment Ally! 18st lady jogging about probs looks a bit odd to people driving past! :p

i dont run a long way - just building atm, can currently run 3 mins, walk 2 mins for around 30mins.. just need to push a bit further now :) xxx

I know what you mean about confidence. I have literally missed buses rather than be seen running lol. From my secret running experiments I have concluded I need a better sports bra or could I run holding on to my bosom? Is that socially acceptable???

It is if you're surrounded by the right kinda blokes lol.

Widow, i look about 40 times bigger than you so when we're out there people will be looking at me not you, don't worry :)

Just been reading through all your posts since I was last on. Looks like you've all been very busy on the exercise front.

I've had a bit of a busy week workwise, but have managed to fit in 4 days of the bike. 15k each time and time now back down to 24 ish mins.

Also been doing 15 mins of kettlebell on the 4 days too.

I've been on red days all week apart from yesterday and had a green day. I can honestly say that I don't feel any different to last week but I hope the scales show different tomorrow.
Better bloody had do, although it's not been hard to do, I have missed my rice, hence the green day yesterday.

Happy Saturday everyone x

i really hope you do well on the scales Ange - i find red days far too hard.. EE all the way for me (i do like the odd green day though :D)

Ally do you have a sports direct close to you? They do some really good ones for 7.99 and you can also get decent crop tops that can double as sports bras - i picked up 2 today for £10 - 1 £4 and other £6. I think they work differently depending on your build - I am totally bottom heavy so only have little jubblies so crop tops have enough support for me as long as they're a tight fit :p

always worth getting the Y back ones as well because normal strap ones fall down I find :p

aesir22 said:
It is if you're surrounded by the right kinda blokes lol.

Widow, i look about 40 times bigger than you so when we're out there people will be looking at me not you, don't worry :)

Where I walk only surrounded by cows and sheep!

I don't think other people notice us as much as we feel.

Jubblies?! Lol

You'll do fine Ange I'm sure :) glad you had a good week exercising!

No run today. Bike instead for an hour. 730cals, 32.4km.

just signed up for the Zumbathon :) Metro Radio Arena are doing a world record breaking attempt at the biggest Zumba class ever held. Just me going atm - as no one wants to come with me! :p x

Hi Guys! I'm still alive.... just!

Sorry for going awol but I've hurt my knee:cry:

I developed a knee injury after the running I did back in 2009 and it flares up sometimes. Think it must of been the lifting and going up and down stairs at work that did it.

Not sure if tues run is going to be an option at the mo but I still want to have a go in the near future...:cool:

We had another viewing yesterday so I just concentrated on spring cleaning instead, it went well and they liked the house, trouble is ours was the 1st house of many that they had to view.

2 viewings in 2 weeks is positive though.

Got the shopping, cooking and ironing to do today so hopefully will have some exercise done to report on tomorrow.

Happy Sunday!
Oh and we have snow this morning, didn't see that coming!!!

oh Lucy if your knees flaring up, ice it 5 times a day. Worth getting a resistance band and doing sidewards step exercises with it as it strengthens your muscles to prevent it coming back :) x

Last edited:
Thanks black, i'd love to get it sorted!!

Feels like it kinda locks when i'm going up and down stairs and then the discomfort starts...

Sorry to hear about your knees Lucy.
Black Widow, good luck with your Zumbathon, sounds exciting.
Just finished work, its been a long day. WI this morning and I am gutted, I have stayed the same again so red days didn't work.
Only lost 3 1/2 lbs since 25/12/11 so really pee'd off now as I never cheat.
Started doing a food diary again yesterday and I think I am going to do some calorie counting too as although I seem to eat loads, I have a feeling that calorie wise it may not be enough as I eat loads of fruit and veg and reckon that if I do have the full amount of syns and adding up all the free food that it probably doesn't add up to that many calories.
I even cut down on fruit last week as thought I might be eating too much of that.
Today I might just stuff my face and see if that works haha
Can't do much exercise either as my knees started hurting yesterday

So I am going off to sulk now :cry::confused:

oh no Ange! dont get disheartened it will come! I know you did red days all this week but i would agree to look at your portion sizes - when i went for lunch at Daniel's the portion was half the size i would give myself at home (and yet i was full afterwards.. so shows how much I usually overeat!)

do you eat a lot of the same things? i got told its worth mixing up your HA / HB's? x

Sorry lol I didn't mean to underfeed you!!!!

I feel the same Ange. I've been losing and gaining the same 5lbs since before xmas! Maybe try a new form of exercise? Drink lots of water. Eat lots of speed food. Give blood :D

oh no Ange! dont get disheartened it will come! I know you did red days all this week but i would agree to look at your portion sizes - when i went for lunch at Daniel's the portion was half the size i would give myself at home (and yet i was full afterwards.. so shows how much I usually overeat!)

do you eat a lot of the same things? i got told its worth mixing up your HA / HB's? x

Hi
Last week my plate was about 2/3 SF and 1/3 free and also added a few syns into my meals.
For a couple of weeks before that I have been mixing about with red, green and extra easy so quite varied.
Before that I always did extra easy and then my plate would be about 1/3 to 1/2 SF and the rest free, sometimes with syns,

I usually have between 8 and 10 syns and the odd time up to 15 buts that's normally when I think I haven't eaten enough.
Meals are pretty varied apart from most mornings I usually ahve fruit for breakfast so I can have HE.B later in the day but lately been having HE B in mornings as breakfast to see if that would help.
I have to admit that my clothes do feel looser apart from my belly ;) which never seems to change. I probably am still losing inches but worked it out that I have lost 4 1/2 lbs since about 15/12/11 which is now over 2 months ago.
I have decided that I am going to buy a bike when I get paid at end of month and see if that make a difference.

well i hope that helps Ange! its awful when you stick to it and dont see results :(

you didnt underfeed me Dan, i normally overeat :p you rationed me which is a good thing :D

week 4 day 1 for me today - i found it very hard :( more the motivation - i kept thinking i cant do this.. needed to pep talk myself all the way through. I dont know if its because of my walk on friday but my calves were so tight it took the first 15 minutes before I either got used to the feeling or it went :p

i am going back to spinning tomorrow. I used to burn mega calories there and easily maintained my weight of 15 stone.. so i'm hoping 3 stone heavier I can burn an extra 1lb a week if I pick up a class or two :) I have been spot on this week so I hope I get last weeks gain off (and a little bit more would be mint! :D)

I was the same widow. On the two five minute runs i did have to keep saying i could do it and to keep going. Kept thinking of the people on biggest loser. If they can do it we can!

Over three days I did 2 runs and 30km on the bike. Gonna do the final run of week 4 tomorrow. It should technically be a rest day but weigh in tuesday and I want a loss lol!

30k is insane.. i've been off work all week with it being half term so not been to gym as much as i normally would - i usually do bike at the school gym as i hate running when L.A my work colleague is there because she irritates the life outta me by competing - always has her walk/run on 0.1 more than me, her incline on 0.1 more than me if im doing hill walking, runs when i run, walks when I walk.. GRRRRRR! :p

Back