The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

Im gonna work up to running 6 times a week. Thats what Jessie off Biggest Loser did and she lost ten zillion stone!!

Hubby's awake, just gotta fight with myself before we go for a run! I always feel better after but actually going out and doing it is another story!!!!

thats brill both of you :)

PT for me today :) x

Needing a bit of a kick up the arse this morning guys. :copon:

Not sure if you get to see my signature (if your using phones) but when I went for my 2nd run this was with my friend. Now she couldn't run very far without slowing to a fast walk, like me except she needed to stop a lot more.

One week later she's done our run in 10 mins faster than mine yesterday which is 18 mins faster then the first time she did it!:hmm:

She also says she's been running every night which IMO is too much.

Stupidly i'm doubting her but only because I have never improve that quickly at anything.

We are meant to be going today and now i'm worried that she'll want to run more than me and the tables will seriously be turned.

I'm chuffed for her but worried now, I thought smashing 6 ish minutes off my time was great but now i'm feeling a bit flat!:sigh2:

Just a quick question, ive been doing slimming since 2nd week in jan and I've lost 1 stone 2.5 lb I've just joined the gym and my aim is to do 3 times a week for an hour each

Whoops... I pressed send before finishing, I'm just wondering if my weight loss will still be good or am I to expect some gains as muscle weighs more than fat????
I don't want to be disheartened with weight gains??? Thanku

Hi Williams

Have a read of this thread:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/264504-fat-vs-muscle.html

I'm no expert but in my own experience when I first start to exercise I can stay the same that week but not on the provision of fat weighing more, its more that my body has reacting differently and perhaps retained more water, that and i've probably eaten more whilst exercising!

So, i've been running already this morning, went at 6.30, dedication!!!

Getting faster guys, 3.02miles in 34.55mins so pace is down to 11.35 min/mi.

How are we all today?

Its a bad day for me, its my first mothers day and I intend to have a very flexible day! Already had nutella on toast before my run (proving my point that I eat differently when exercising!) and i've got a full roast cooked by my mil today and she puts butter in everything (yuk):eek:

Yeah weight loss can be dodgy with exercise. But to live a proper healthy life you do need to be active. Take measurements. Thats what I did when losses started getting dodgy and I tell you its bloody great when you see inches lost!!!!!

Good morning all

I lost a teeny weeny 1/2 lb this week, another 1/2 lb to get to 3 stone so hopefully next week I will lose that and more.

Finally did some body magic, 1 hour cycling on my road bike, not the exercise bike.
I thought that it would be easier than my exercise bike because its not constant cycling, forgot about the hills

Hey all, bit quiet Aren't we?!?!?

So my friend and I went for a run tonight, no way she did our normal 3 mile in 30 mins, she walked most of our 1.5 mile tonight, I didn't even break into a sweat! Feel better now ;-)

hahaha its a good feeling isnt it! :D had she just said that she'd done it?

always people like that.. sometimes im tempted.. i'm always second best / last etc.. sometimes i occasionally fib to make myself sound a tiny bit less sad.. but only occasionally.. like when i claim i'm not a cat lady (i blates am :p)

Hey all, bit quiet Aren't we?!?!?

So my friend and I went for a run tonight, no way she did our normal 3 mile in 30 mins, she walked most of our 1.5 mile tonight, I didn't even break into a sweat! Feel better now ;-)

I had a feeling you might say that, it did sound too good to be true.
Well done!

Whether she did it or not, one things for sure, she couldn't do it last night!!!

She stopped after about 400yards and thereafter every500 yards or so. I Sprinted homw just to get my heartrate up!

I hate to sound like the worst friend on the planet but she really worried me that I hadn't improved as fast as her!

Should be my rest day today but after last night i'm not remotely aching so its weigh in tonight and no run time but I will be going tomorrow for MY RUN! ;-)

I'm glad you're doingwell Lucy. Other people, even if they don't mean to be, can be very detrimental to our progress. I have learned now to just not look at anybody else. If they do better then me, so be it! Race on Sunday, don't care if I come last lol. I'll just be glad to be doing it!

After a good week I stayed the freakin sam last night. And I have an epic challenge ahead...been challenged by another member to lose 4lbs this week. Yikes! No way I'll be able to do it but I'll try and get as close as I can to it!!

We just need to get Ange running then we'll all be running :D

Morning Guys! Lovely day here in Wales!!

So its just me and Alfie tonight and its my run night so we are off for our second attempt at running with him in the buggy, just hope I can beat our time!!

People at class last night said they've seen me running so its nice to hear people saying nice things about it. I'm at clients today (sneaking on the net) and he's just said that "there's nothing of me", he cant believe how much weight i've lost in the last 3 months.

So, first week at Target and I stayed the same! My consultant was very happy with me! ;-)

thats brill, they say maintenance can be really hard so its great that you've managed to STS :) xxx

Back