The Calorie Counters chat thread

Ok Yo-Yo, spectacular confession! Now draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow. You can do this!

Love

I hope I can Barb, I feel all yeuch and bleurk! I have set myself a challenge to pay off my £800 overdraft so I'm going to have to get creative and inventive with my food choices, see if I can save a bit of extra cash there.

Brilliant idea, makes two challenges out of one and doubles the benefit with the success. Good thinking Batman!

Am definitely back on the old wagon! I've been into work today on overtime and the fat knackers in the office decided they would have breakfast butties from the local greasy spoon..I love breakfast butties and it was really hard to say no....but I managed. The smell was awful though (nice, awful - if you know what I mean LOL). I did have a small mini doughnut though, but just the one - not ten of the blighters!

Way to resist yoyo, way to go!

Well despite my initial enthusiasm and motivation yesterday, things did not go brilliantly and I ended up being 424 over for maintainance yesterday (maintainance calories are just 1745 as I am 'moderately sedentary' - need to try and not go over that).

Am feeling a bit better today though, forced myself to go to the gym but could only motivate myself to do 30 minutes on the treadmill (earning 217 calories in the process though, so okay about that). Normally I love the treadmill. Unfortunately I've got that 'post binge bloat' where you can visibly see your glycogen stores have filled right back up again so I feel like a right fat knacker!

Things also aren't helped by a post I read on WLR where the woman has said "I'm thin now, bye" and she's just written to say she's got to her 2st loss goal weight and has done it purely by cutting down on her food and she hasn't exercised at all. Well, it takes me all my time to exercise as it is, without being sub-consciously discouraged by posts like that!!!!

Was gonna have weetabix for my breakfast but had a currant tea-cake instead (yum). Gonna have a read-meal for my lunch, probably a WW Lasagna. I wish I could lose this damn weight as quickly as I can put it on - GRRRRR

hello! new & looking for online diet budy :)

I'll talk to you :D

I'm Maria, age 26, mum to Nathan 6 and Georgia 4.

Have been doing many diets on and off for about 3 years or so, tried CD, lost 2 stone on that, put it back on again, tried WW and SW and tbh that was ok, but i didnt really like all that points or sins.

Hi everyone!

My name is Sue, I'm 26 years and after 2 years of trying WW and just cutting back I am now on the CC diet agai. this time i take it serious and even started exercising regularly. i have a demanding job Monday to Friday (out at 6.30am and back home at 7.30pm), that does not leave a lot of time and energy to exercise during the week. So now i started quick walking / running at weekends. I am currently doing 6 miles in 1 hour. not brilliant but still better than nothing. had my first weigh in this week. lost 0.7kg although i did not count anything and even had a nasty valentine's diet killer dinner and pizza last night. i just tend to eat a bit better during the week (cereals and fruit for brekkie, light lunch that keeps me full, fruit snacks in between and a not to heavy sandwich on the train back home). if i cook at home i tend to eat at around 8pm and that is simply too late. but i don't want my partner to eat on his own all the time... any suggestions?

i'll give it a go again this week and see how much i loose. i am currently on 1600kcals a day as i want to loose slowly and to keep it off to avoid yo yo effect.

I can really recommend "cook yourself thin". it's a food tracker and calorie diary and helped me a lot. you can even add your own recipes and it calculates kcal per portion. i find it very helpful.lost 4kg last year in 6 weeks but then christmas came along :)

ok, good luck to everybody!

Hiya Sue

Good luck on your weightloss X
Slow & steady is the best way to go with weightloss...so be patient, keep up the good work and you'll soon be at goal.

All the best

Boo x

Thanks guys for the big welcome!

I am posting over on my diary thread mainly but am going to try and join in here as well. Had a badish weekend food wise and am back up to 15.8 as of this morning.

I am away next weekend so will be eating out and drinking so this week I am going to try and be so good – keep to under 1000 a day and get my walks in as well. It’s tough going – take your eyes from the ball for a minute and the calories run away with you!

Right - as of now yesterday was day 1. I'm determined to take this slowly this time.

Finished up 177 calories under yesterday

Well, have had a couple of greedy days to say the least,

Pigged out on sweets, kebab and mini cheddars on sunday night,

Yesterday took the kids to pizza hut, it was the buffet, so had about 8 slices of pizza, and them garlic finger thingies, had a sausage sarnie last night, and some more sweets,

miraculously have sts so far so am going to be extra strict till thursday to try and lose something.

Every time we 'cheat', then go back to eating less; every time we 'slip' then regain control; every time we manage to stop thinking of the overweight NOW and focus, however briefly, on the normal weight FUTURE - we win.

This is what it's all about. The future, the longterm goal, the real hope and chance of a life free from total food obsession. Treats such as steak, booze etc will be a big part of our slender future. If we can include treats now, then get back in the saddle the very next day, we are on our way to that future.

Sometimes we need to pause and think about how far we've come, and how much closer we are to our dream.

ps I am a very longtime veggie so - no steak for me! LOL.

I'm starting sole-sourcing again today for as long as I can stand it.

All I am doing is maintaining my weight by calorie counting so I want to try and shift some so I can get a bit nearer to my goal weight of 10st 5lbs (20lbs away as of today). In my first 4 weeks of LL last time I had lost 17lbs so I know I wont hit my target by SS this time around. I only have 4 weeks worth of 4-times-a-day packs left from my time at LL, and they are due to start going out of date in March, so it's spurring me on to use them up and get my money out of them.

So wish me luck!

I found SS very hard.

I had the usual 'honeymoon period' of four weeks. Then, suddenly, I found every day too challenging to enjoy.

I also felt weak and ill. I had dizzy spells, fits of shaking, trembling, light-headedness... and I was drinking water, water, water.

Eventually I decided to give up. I moved onto 790 which was better but even so I did not feel 100%. And the expense was killing on my low income.

So I went back to calorie counting. I am very glad that I did. It may take longer but it strikes me as a far more reasonable and liveable way to lose weight and maintain. I stress 'me' - this is my opinion, as applied to my life.

Good luck with SS. Whatever you do, don't suddenly go back to carbs in a big way or you will suffer horrid rebound glycogen regain and feel and look bloated. If you do slip in that way - keep away from the scales until you have been SS-ing for a few more days!

Good advice from GG as always! I have to say that I totally respect and admire all folk who do VLCD but I do know it wouldn't suit me. I couldn't do without food, I am sure I would become obsessed and I also think my DH would view it as a 'sentance' for him too. As you may have noticed we are fairly 'party animalish' and I don't think we'd cope with the whole being good all the time thing.

If you CAN do it though, the results do seem to be amazing.

I've been okay today, been a bit hungry but nothing that quaffing water hasn't cured.

For those of you who don't know me, I did LL between June-September 2007 and lost 3st 2lbs and got down to 10st 7lbs. I went up to 10st 11lbs when I started eating again, which I was happy about, however a week's worth of school holidays saw me put on half a stone IN A WEEK!!! Sending me to 11st 5lbs (which I was still okay with) however Christmas then saw me put a few pounds on, and I have been dieting since then. I'm not very honest and some days stick rigidly then other days I go off on binges, so all I have been doing is losing and gaining the same 3lbs - which, if I were trying to maintain the weight I woud be pleased with, but it's never gonna come off.

Also the 100 food packs that I have left are gonna start going past their use-by dates between March and June so I need to use them or lose them. As they are "worth" £235, I'd never throw that much money away, so I either use them now, stick to it and lose a stone in four weeks, or I lose all that money and stay the same weight.

I'm still gonna come back to calorie counting afterwards though.

Hi Guys,

Have been reading through this thread and thought I'd say hello. I decided about 14-15 months ago to actually do something about my weight, and decided that being careful about what I ate and getting more exercise was the best way for me. I didn't know about the VLCD's at the time, but having found out more about them I don't think I would have been able to commit - although I have been hugely impressed by the amazing stories of people on here who have successfully followed the programmes.

Anyhoo, have been losing weight ultra slowly, though still have quite a way to go. I don't calculate exactly how many calories a day I have consumed, although I do look at calories content of everything I eat so that I'm content that I'm being 'careful'. I have good weeks and not so good weeks, but am confident I will get to where I will be happier eventually!

Good luck to everyone with losing the weight! Is nice to be surrounded with people all trying to do the same thing!

Squidge xx :bliss:

Damn! Damn! and triple damn, I fell off the sole sourcing wagon. I was so hungry that I caved in as soon as the Celebrations chocolates were brought out. I am just not cut out for it again - I just have to accept I am gonna have to lose this 20lbs on my own, even if it takes me a year!!!

Breakfast: Nothing

Mid-Morning Snack: Nothin

Lunch: Nothing

Mid-Afternoon Snack: 10 x Celebrations Chocolates

Late Afternoon Snack: Wiltshire Ham.

Dinner: 3 x Quorn Sausages, scoop of mashed potato, green beans, in a 'Sausage Tonight' BBQ sauce. (a smaller portion than I would have liked)

Morning, everyone. Here's to a pleasant, solid, successful dieting or maintaining day.

Take good care to be kind to yourself and others, today. If you should encounter a difficult situation (or three) try to sail through it without turning to food. If you slip, accept that it was a minor distraction and dismiss it. Don't let guilt and bad feelings cloud your world.

Goodness knows, life is full of major problems and we need to save our mental and physical energy for those. We also need to be well-nourished, on quality food, to be strong enough to face them. When I don't eat enough I may feel proud of my 'will-power' but I know I will have reason to regret under-eating. For me it starts with weak nails, and goes from there. I also get very tired, weary, and feel kinda down. Warning signals that are easy to spot but also easily confused. If you get like this and you know you've been eating very little, pay attention and 'up' the quality of your daily food allowance. It might make all the difference to longer-term success.

The other day it dawned on me that I have been maintaining for years now. Yes I still have blips and minor weight fluctuations; yes I want to lose that final stone, plus; yes I often buy things (biscuits for example...) that I know are dangerous for me. But overall my relationship with food has changed and is still improving. I expect to experience problems of some kind for the rest of my life. I don't think losing and maintaining are indicators that you will remain slim, rather that it can be done and that, with a lot of care and effort, you can hang onto what you've achieved.

This is what I wish for all dieters!

Hi

I am on a calorie controlled diet, currently eating 1500 calories a day, finding it ok, walking to and from work most day 2 miles there and 2 miles back, i can feel the difference in my legs when i'm walking.

got about 19 lbs to loose, lost 2lbs first day of my diet, n then put a 1lb back on the next day, going to do a weekly weigh in, tho i cant' stop weighin myself ,i'm obsessed.

maintained the 1lb weight loss this week tho. which is good i suppose.

:(

Back