The Calorie Counters chat thread

Day 3 - 78 days until my holiday - 157 days towards goal date

Yikes, Yikes and triple Yikes!

Breakfast: 2 x Quorn Sausages, 1 egg, 20mls semi skimmed milk = 231.1 calories

Lunch: The dreaded buffet food. Unfortunately I see buffet's as a challenge to see how much I can troff, rather than an invitation to have some lunch. I thought I was quite controlled however when I have come home and totted it all up - CHUFFING HECK!!!! I had approximately 7 little triangular sandwiches, and 3 heyoooooge slices of quiche as well as almost 1 litre of fresh orange juice. I've estimated it at a ginormous 1340 calories *faints*

Dinner: Last night's dinner was a ready meal of Vegetable Paella = 435 calories

Needless to say, haven't had any snacks today.

Exercise: 75 calories gained so far.

Total Allowance: 1338.9
Actual: 2006.1
Over Quota: 672
F&V: 8.8

Carbs:49.8 %
Protein: 14.5%
Fat: 35.7% (77g - ARRRGGGHHHH)

It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had the orange juice (or the quiche LOL). Still, I'm not gonna dwell on it, 6pm is another day (well, it is for my diet) and after being under for two days I've had some calories to put towards it, so I'm only 482 over and I am sure I can pull that back. Even if I don't, with this only being week one, I'm bound to lose some glycogen anyway!

Bad news is, I was asked to arrange and attend another meeting in two weeks and it'll be more buffet food - boo hoo.

Day 4 (this post should have been written yesterday afternoon, but the reason for this will become all toooooo apparent) - 77 days until my holiday - 156 days to goal weight.

So, I was carrying over 400-odd calories from Thursday but I knew I would pull it back by Friday 6pm. (HAH, famous last words)

The only good thing about Thursday's buffet orgy was that I didn;t need to have any tea on Thursday night.

Breakfast: I spurned the office tradition of fat knacker Friday breakfast butties by opting for Oat so Simple with Orchards fruits and Golden Syrup (305.6 cals)

Lunch: 1 x tin of Tomato, Sweet Chilli & Pasta Soup with two slices of wholemeal seeded batch loaf bread (411 cals).

Mid-Afternoon; Sachet of Highlight's Hot Chocolate Drink (toffee) = 40 cals

So far so good. By this stage I've earned an extra 75 exercise calories so I'm left with 575 calories, which is yesterdays deficit plus 93 leftover for a small treat.

I collected the kids from school, drove home.....only to discover there had been a power cut and we had no electricity.

So, I phoned the Yorkshire Electricity Distribution place who told me the sub-station had been vandalised and 80 homes were without electricity and they hoped to have it on by 6:30pm (3:30pm at this stage) so I drove up to Tesco for petrol and then went to my mums.

When I got there I was feeling a bit peckish so when she asked me if I wanted anything to eat, like a sandwich I took her up on the offer (thinking, yep that will be fine, I will still be a bit over for the week but not too much) except when I've totted it up......

Late Afternoon: Ham sandwich (made with three slices of bread) 399.3 calories.

My brother was meant to be going to see my mum at 4:30pm and when he hadn't turned up by 5:30pm

So 6pm - 6pm total ended up:

Calories Consumed: 1156.7
Allowance: 1392.8
Under: 236.1
F&V: 0.00

Carbs: 57.5%
Protein: 19%
Fat: 23.4%

So, by this stage I am only 246 over for the week so probably not that much damage done.....

Except 6pm and the dawn (or rather dusk) of a new day arrived.

6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday

Day 5 - 76 days until my holiday - 155 days until goal weight.

So....carried on from above 6pm arrived, but my brother did not. He was meant to be coming at 4:30pm to give my mum some money he owed her, and to have his tea. So when he hadn't arrived by 6pm mum assumed he wasnt coming so was huffing and puffing about how he always lets her down and she'd bought these pies in especially for his tea because she knew he liked them....so did I want them instead or they would be going in the bin. I didn't feel like I could say no, admittedly I don't think she'd have set about me with a sock filled with snooker balls or anything but I still felt guilt tripped into having it.

Dinner: 1 x Steak and Kidney pie, with half a tin of Heinz Autumn Vegetable and Lentil soup poured over it (485.3 cals)

I'd no sooner finished the last mouthful when in walked my brother! He'd got his shifts muddled up so was finishing an hour later than he thought he was.....(whoops)

Anyway I stayed at my mum's til 6:45pm then took my brother home, and went to my own house to see if we had any power yet (we didn't) so I drove - yes, drove - not walked - to the shop to buy some candles. Vinny the shopkeeper had seized the moment and sent his wife to the cash and carry to stockpile candles and was doing a roaring trade. I'd stupidly taken youngest son with me and he picked up a cadburys creme egg "Mummy, I want one of dese" so I bought one for him ,and one for eldest son.

He'd no sooner got the wrapping off when I got: "mummy, I don't like dis": Cue one big sigh from me, and I promptly shoved it down my gullet (waste not, want not).

Got home and proudly presented eldest DS with his, only for him to go "Urrrggh, I don;t like creme eggs, I like the chocolate but not the stuff in the middle" and made puking noises. DH doesn't like them either, so what's a girl to do? (see above). Total calories there = 347.1 calories.

So I'm now left with 425.6 calories left to see me through til 6pm tonight.

Except. I did some baking on Friday nights and made these biscuit/bun things ( I can't decide what they're meant to be) and they had a splodge of jam in them. So by the time of the creme-egg massacre you know what I am thinking don't you? "Well, I've blown it now, so I might as well finish them delicious bun-scits as I don't need electricity to eat them" so I scoffed about 7 of the buggers over the rest of the evening. I've just totted the recipe up now on WLR and it amounts to 173.5 cals per bun-scit (YIKES).

Then just before I went to bed at 11pm last night I decided to have two slices of toast (power came back on at 8pm, so I didn't have to try and toast the bread over the gas fire or anything) (300 calories)

So Between 6pm and 11pm yesterday I consumed a ginormous: 2362.9 calories. This is 1104.9 calories over quota. 59.7% carbs, 7.8% protein and 32.5% fat.....and of course my day doesn't finish until 6pm tonight......and I have breakfast and lunch to get through yet, so I think I'd better write Saturday off.

But Im not gonna go off on one, I just need to try and eat sensibly between now and then.

Bloody electric board! Bloody Vandals! Bloody brother who cant read his shift rotas properly! Bloody kids - why cant I have normal kids who like creme eggs?

It's just brought it home to me though what a creature of habit I am, and how to deviate from my normal habits just sends me right off kilter.

Im back. Got sent home from work. Was there 1.5 hours and peed 7 times. Plus started throwing up from the hangover too, really not happy. I can deal with the hangover, its self induced and i can get on with it, but peeing blood is a whole new thing :(

Yikes, maybe you should phone NHS Direct or something (because of the blood)? In the meantime you must drink plenty of water, and perhaps some cranberry juice might help. I've never had cystitis but I did used to be a doctor's receptionist LOL

Day 5. Well, the end of the day (seeing how it is 6pm) and to make matters worse I could not avoid the sweetie man who stands near Valley Parade (Bradford City's home ground). I could feel a magnetic forcefield dragging me towards the van that made me buy 2 x 100g bags of sweeties.

Soooo, I find myself a laughable 1907 over calories for the day!! YIKES. So, I'm going to forget about it and treat this as a new day. Hopefully will manage to behave myself tomorrow.

Well I bought some sachets of stuff thats meant to help from superdrug on my way home, then drank it, and ate some crisps for my hangover and fell asleep. My talking to my mam on the phone distracted me and while the feeling to go wasnt there I wasnt going to! Slept for 3.5 hours now and feeling a lot better, and no blood this time thankfully. Just have to keep drinking water to flush it out. My major problem is that I really dont drink very much, less than a litre of water a day on average I'd say. I know I need to bump it up :D Its only the second time I've ever had it, and I didn't cope any better with it then!!

Thanks for trying to help yo-yo :) I imagine theres nothing that can be done about the blood, its just the bacteria attacking my bladder wall. Hope I pee enough to wash them out in the next few days :D Plus I'll be keeping an eye out in case it travels to my kidneys, then I'll be rushing to the doctors!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better. The one thing I learnt from my Lighter Life days was the importance of drinking water, I now drink two litres every day. (possibly TMI) but I've always suffered from smelly urine, and now I don't. Why did it take me 30 years to discover this?

Day 6 - 75 days until my holiday - 154 days until goal weight

Oh crumbs, I'm gonna have to write today off too. I've been so bad nibbling away at biscuits that I must be several million cals over the limit. I know I'll be okay tomorrow cos I am back in my routine, back at work, however as of Thursday I'm then off work for ten whole days and I could easily put half a stone on in that time. Might try to have another bash at Sole-Sourcing during that week. I'm sure I will lose my targeted pound this week though no matter how bad I have been this weekend.

Day 7 - 74 days until my holiday - 153 days until goal weight

Oh dear - another bad day - I have more or less made up my mind now that as of this Thursday - when I finish work for 11 days - that I am going to finish off the rest of my Lighter Life packs, so as far as my head is concerned, my diet is over as of now, and I can eat as much as I like. I'm really annoyed with myself, I was doing so well for the first couple of days. I can't seem to stick to anything.

Day 8 - 9 (72 days left until holiday), 151 days to goal weight.

Now, I know I am going to start sole-sourcing again, I am giving myself carte blanche to eat what I like.

One of my lovely fellow posters on here, suggested I buy some cooked meats to snack on ready for starting LL for if the hunger gets too much until Ketosis sets in, so I think I am gonna do that. I'm off work tomorrow and my local farm shop sells trays of meats for £2 for 500g, so I'm gonna drive up there tomorrow morning and get some to prepare.

I'm meeting DH for lunch tomorrow and we're off to Wetherspoons and we hardly ever get out together, never mind to eat, so I will be starting at whatever time we finish. Wish me luck!

Well Sara, I need to see if I can stick for it for the three days it will take me to get into Ketosis yet!

My reckoning is: I'm awake so early, and too self-conscious to take a blender into work, that I find myself struggling to get through the day because I don't have any food packs. The hunger pangs strike and I am tired and cranky, so as soon as I get home, I buckle and cave in and eat.

If I'm at home, I have plenty of things to entertain me, I'm not say behind a desk for 9 hours like I am when I'm at work, surrounded by lots of people eating, or lots of lovely shops selling food so I don't have the temptation in front of me. If I get really hungry at home, I can take myself off to the land of nod for a bit, so I hope being at home will make it a bit easier for me.

I have about 100 packs left, which is 25 days if I can last that long. If I do last that long and want to continue, I can either go back to LL and get some more packs, or I could try and switch to the Cambridge Diet? Butm like I said, 3 days is the minimum I need to do before I can get into ketosis.

I don't think I could sell them back to her, as they are all almost at their use-by date (between March and June) but I managed before doing it my way so I'm sure I can manage again (once I get into ketosis so aren't hungry anymore). LL don't do the Tetra's or that would make my life soooooo much more easier

I feel soooooo ashamed! I can't flipping well do it again, I've been so miserable today. I know in my own mind that calorie counting is the only thing that will work for me so I need to try and get a grip of that. I'm so embarrassed.

Report for Friday: 70 days to my holiday:

Right - am determined. I spent most of yesterday feeling weak and miserable, I know it would have passed but I was being tormented by images of food all day, I think it would have been better if I'd have tried to start it whilst I was at work with plenty of work to distract me.

Breakfast: (11:30am) Nothing, a Lighter Life Shake mid-Morning (125 cals)

Lunch: (2pm) 1 x tin of Heinz Leek & Potato Soup, 2 x Slices of Warburton's seeded Batch Loaf with spread on. (491.3 cals)

Dinner: (7:30pm) 100g Turkey Breast, vegetables, 2 Yorkshire Puddings and Gravy. (524.2 cals)

Snack: (8:30pm) Tesco Hot Cross Bun with spread (231.9 cals)

Late Night: (10:00pm) 100g Turkey Breast dipped in Heinz Light Mayonnaise (156.4 cals)

Total: 1498.4 cals.

On a positive note, I got weighed this morning and was 12st 1lbs - if I can keep up the good work for another couple of weeks, I could be below 12st.

On a negative note, I got weighed a month ago, and have put on 4.5lbs since then - really mad with myself.

...And DH surprised me with breakfast in bed this morning...extremely calorific, I've just totalled it up and it's come to almost 800 calories - over half my intake!!!!! I'd have felt awful if I'd not have eaten it, so will just have to be creative and make the 600 calories I have got left stretch out a bit!

Well we blew it yesterday too by troffing my way through three-quarters of a bag full of popcorn, then DH said "lets get a takeaway" and I went "oooh yes please" so opted for a chicken korma with rice, a samosa and a kebab and then a bag of chocolate peanuts. I've ended up about 2300 calories OVER for the day!

I don't know what is wrong with me, I do okay pretty much for most of the day and then BAM as soon as 7pm arrives, I just think to myself "I'll start again tomorrow" and go on a mad eating orgy.

Do I want to lose weight? YES.

Well we blew it yesterday too by troffing my way through three-quarters of a bag full of popcorn, then DH said "lets get a takeaway" and I went "oooh yes please" so opted for a chicken korma with rice, a samosa and a kebab and then a bag of chocolate peanuts. I've ended up about 2300 calories OVER for the day!

I don't know what is wrong with me, I do okay pretty much for most of the day and then BAM as soon as 7pm arrives, I just think to myself "I'll start again tomorrow" and go on a mad eating orgy.

Do I want to lose weight? YES.

Are you still having your day start and end at 6pm? I feel that may be the problem. Plus DH offering take aways cannot help at all.

I thought the 6pm-6pm was a good idea, when I went to WW the class leader suggested that for those people who got the munchies mid-afternoon, she said as long as it was a 24hr food intake it would be okay.

And no, DH suggesting takeaways is not a good idea, I can resist anything but temptation!

I thought the 6pm-6pm was a good idea, when I went to WW the class leader suggested that for those people who got the munchies mid-afternoon, she said as long as it was a 24hr food intake it would be okay.

And no, DH suggesting takeaways is not a good idea, I can resist anything but temptation!

I dunno, I just feel a day of eating should start when you get out fo bed. I can't see how it would work any other way.

And get him telt to stop tempting you, as he is not helping one bit!

why o why do other halfs to it to us, dh and dd2 are making chocolate chip muffins at the moment, as if there is not enough chocolate in this house.

Oh boy, can I relate to that. I can share some things that worked for me (well....certainly helped!) You never know, might work for you too.

I found that if I cut down on calories in the day for damage limitation for my evening binges, I was more inclined to binge in the evening.

Nothing to do with having calories to spare....just had to binge.

The better I eat during the day ie loads of veg, fruit, protein and good carbs, the less I tempted I am to binge.

It's a bit risky though because I've already eaten well....but it does really help.

Planning: Plan the night time eating. Something small for 'on the hour'. Nothing must be eaten inbetween. There's never long to wait.

Pick your snacks carefully. Calorie counting does allow for you to eat anything, but I find that some foods just don't stop jumping into my mouth once I start them. If I went through a binge phase, I have to limit them...or knock them on the head. Okay, I now use another technique, but it's more suitable for maintenance.

It does help though.

Try and include some protein eat time you eat. I know....added calories and all that, but it's usually worth it otherwise I can eat an extra few hundred 'accidently':eek: I always keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge.

Can you split your dinner? When you serve up, do yours on two plates. One is for 7:00pm.

I've found that two half dinners feel more than one whole one.

I also had a binge stopper food. I trained my mind to think of one item as the last thing on the binge list. As soon as I realised I was binging, I would make a big coffee and have half a sero bar. It really helped knock it on the head.

I never allowed myself to have a sero bar for any other reason. It was my binge killer food. I didn't want to ever get into a habit of using it for any other reason.

Could you perhaps use a delaying tactic. Yes you want that.....but not just yet. See how long you can go.

Anyway...just a few things that popped into my head.

Best of luck

Back