The Calorie Counters chat thread

Bless! What a pain about the pedometer.

We all have our moments/days/nights. The yellow bile sounds awful. We are all bound to slip from time to time. I truly believe that. We're human -and constantly being urged to eat by our bewildered bodies.

I'm lonesome today but sticking with it. One thing I haven't managed so far is vigorous exercise! Been slacking in that direction for three days now, mostly 'cos I've been tired and craving sleep.

Right! ~takes self in hand~ I will make a real effort later and boogie like mad to my fave music. Will try for at least an hour but settle for 45 minutes if I really can't handle more. I love dance, too. LOVE it. It tones you all over. And it's free.

Mind you I am seriously thinking of trying a local Salsa class. I could go for that!

I love looking at my slowly shrinking waist and hips. It keeps me going, particularly since my waist is a size smaller than the rest of me. (Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining!). When I weighed 20st 7lbs I couldn't bear to look at any of me. Just a glance before going out and even then only when going out could absolutely not be avoided.

Others here will know that feeling, well.

Hi everyone,
Just me wanting to wish you all a wonderful calorie counting kinda day.

Hello all! I think I might have to advocate a day of milkshakes every week because I have lost 1.4lbs since last Friday, so that is 3lbs in 2 week which I am pleased about as I have hardly been following it to the letter. Hooray!!!

Right! ~takes self in hand~ I will make a real effort later and boogie like mad to my fave music. Will try for at least an hour but settle for 45 minutes if I really can't handle more. I love dance, too. LOVE it. It tones you all over. And it's free.

Mind you I am seriously thinking of trying a local Salsa class. I could go for that!

I love looking at my slowly shrinking waist and hips. It keeps me going, particularly since my waist is a size smaller than the rest of me. (Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining!). When I weighed 20st 7lbs I couldn't bear to look at any of me. Just a glance before going out and even then only when going out could absolutely not be avoided.

Others here will know that feeling, well.

Hiya, good idea about the dancing! 45-60 minutes - WOW is all I can say!! Did you manage it? I get out of breath doing Wig Wam Bam!!!!

Right - have decided if I can't shift the weight I need to try my best to maintain it - so, as of today, will try to do that! Today - 53.9 calories under - but only did 3000+ steps so didn't make many exercise calories up.

Don't know if this has been posted already but this is quite a good wee site

Calorie Counter

Hi All

I've been calorie counting for the past few weeks now and my stats are as follows: -

:(Start weight 21st 3lb (6/2/2008):eek:
Wk 1 20st 8lb (13/2/2008):)
Wk 2 20st 6lb (20/2/2008):sigh:
Wk 3 20st 3lb (27/2/2008);)

One down, seven to go! If I maintain this rate I'll be at my target for my birthday!!!:D

Somethings working:p

No sooner said than updated!

Hiya, I've been off for a few days but I'm back again now. I'll C&P what I wrote on another thread, I hope you lot have been getting better than I have!:

As for the diet, the rebellious child in me is very dominant of late. I'm on a very strict, self-imposed spending ban, as I have so many things coming up to pay out for so I'm working lots of overtime, which means no gym time, and because I'm not "treating myself" financially, I'm "treating" myself by eating. OR my psyche thinks because I am punishing Rebellious child by not letting her spend money on clothes/shoes/make-up/stationary/costume jewellery/accessories/books/magazines/whatever, it will rebel by making me eat more. ***oooh that was deep wasn't it?***

So, because I'm eating loads, and feeling all bloaty it's not spurring me onto do more exercise so I haven't been fussed about how many steps I am doing....which is why I haven't been around for a few days....

But I know I need to get back onto it, and I want to do so, so I'll try again as of now!!!

What day do you weigh in Sara?

SAJ-SV-Popcorn-Hi-%282%29dinal.jpg

:D :D :D

Right-oh

Am definitely starting again tomorrow - well, actually today as I'm going to make my "day" from 6pm - 6pm, as my danger period is when I get home from work, until DH gets in from work, so if I can save my calories until then maybe I wont eat as much.

I asked DS2's teacher if she was losing weight as she is noticeably shrinking and she's doing Lighter Life. I'm so jealous as I know there is no diet that could make me lose weight as quickly as LL did, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it again....and I know calorie counting works.

So my goal is to : Reach 10st 5lbs and lose 1lb per week.

My activity level is: Very sedentary

My calorie allowance is: 1250 per day + exercise calories.

Target date: 18th August 2008

Target Loss: 26lbs (ish) will update tomorrow, but I'm reckoning that I weigh 12st 3lbs

Good luck with it.

If you focus on doing it, you will do it :D

Yee-Haw - Day 1 nearly out of the way.

Remember, my day ends at 6pm, and my evening meal is my first meal of the next day, so this is my supper time now.

Breakfast: 1 x sachet Oat so Simple (Original) made with 180mls semi-skimmed milk = 185.5 cals.

Lunch: Tesco Sandwich: Turkey, Lettuce and Tomato = 326.6 cals

Mid-Afternoon: Orange 'Highlights' chocolate drink = 40 Calories / 1 x tin of sliced peaches in grape juice = 89.5 cals.

Late-Afternoon: 2 x slices of Warburton's Seeded Batch Loaf toasted, 2 x eggs (scrambled), 1 tbsp brown sauce = 426.3 cals.

Dinner: WW "Beef Hotpot" meal = 210 cals

Exercise: I allow myself 25 calories for every 1500 steps, and up to press I have done 6,588 so that is an extra 100 calories.

Total Allowance: 1371.3
Actual: 1277.9
Under Quota: 93.4
Fruit & Veg: 2.8

Carbs: 49.2%
Protein: 22.1%
Fat: 28.7% (still a bit higher than I would like, but that's the eggs)

I found it quite easy going today, it was nice knowing that whatever calories I had between leaving work, and 6pm were calories that I was entitled to eat, and I had loads left, but rather than binging on crap, I've had a nice supper of scrambled eggs on toast (yum).

Oh - and I got weighed this morning and have lost 1lb already, I was 12st 2lbs exactly today, i thought I would be a pound higher.

So: 25lbs to lose and 80 days until I go on holiday

Days to target goal weight: 159

Woooo!! Go yo-yo :D

Have you thought about setting up a diary thread that you can post all of your food details in? I've been using boots change one thing website so far, but only got 2 weeks left on it until the website shuts down (they let you use it for 3 months because it was set up for new year resolutions) and my diary thread is gonna be my way of keeping track from now on, too skint to pay for anything!

I've had about three diary threads on here, but I get bored, fall off the wagon, and stop posting on them....then start a new one....then the same happens....so better not start another one LOL

Day 2.....79 days til my holiday....158 days to target goal date

Breakfast: 1 x sachet Original "Oat so Simple" with 180mls of semi skimmed milk and a splash of Golden Syrup = 232.3 cals.

Mid-Morning: 1 x small tin of Fruit Cocktail in Juice = 98 calories

Lunch: WW Shepherds Pie. = 210 cals.

Mid-Afternoon: 1 x Hot Chocolate drink = 40 cals

Late afternoon: 200g carrot sticks and 1 small pot of hoummous = 239.2 cals.

Dinner: Chinese Spicy Vegetables (ready meal) and Pork & Leek Sausages served with Bubble and Squeak, gravy and carrots (Ready Meal) = 450 calories.

Exercise = 100 calories gained

Total Allowance: 1371.3
Actual: 1269.3
Under Quota: 102 cals.
F&V: 7.9

Carbs: 53.5%
Protein: 16.8%
Fat: 39.9g (29.7%)

Did well today, wasn't tempted by anything. Another department had a buffet lunch and announced in our office that we could have the leftovers. Helpfully the buffet was left in the other room and not shoved under my nose but I wasn't tempted to join the stampeding hoardes and have some.

However I do have another buffet tomorrow that I will be in the same room as so I might be over calories tomorrow as buffet food is my downfall.

I admire how much time and care you take to keeping everything in check. I really only do it as a rough science, never counting exercise and the likes.

You're way - I think - is much better, just not for me.

Going well too, keep it up :D

I admire how much time and care you take to keeping everything in check. I really only do it as a rough science, never counting exercise and the likes.

You're way - I think - is much better, just not for me.

Going well too, keep it up :D

Ah, thank you kindly young man, but which of the two of us is the successful dieter?

Clue - ladies and gents - it's the one with the bagpipes :king2:

(I just like my facts and figures and it doesn't take long to do, the website does it all for me)

Ah, thank you kindly young man, but which of the two of us is the successful dieter?

Clue - ladies and gents - it's the one with the bagpipes :king2:

(I just like my facts and figures and it doesn't take long to do, the website does it all for me)

You have bagpipes? ;)

I'm sure you will get there, even if it is just a website doing it you're putting in a hell of a lot more effort than my "hmmm, 450 cals, plus roughly 220 earler and 100 earlier...so about" etc. And I'm not the greatest at arithmetic so I am probably wrong half the time :D

Back