The Check-in Point

Hey ladies, good morning. So sorry to be AWOL I've had a very long, busy (work wise) and tiring week, along with a grumbling toothache. I'm away this weekend too with little chance if any of getting on the net. I weighed in again this morning at yet another STS. I guess this isn't going to be a quick journey, but I am eating soooo healthily and am feeling really good about the choices I am making. I think if I just have a look at portion size this week, hopefully the scales will move a bit more positively.

Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow Lorny hun! Fingers crossed for you, come join me in the 13s! xxx

Ah man, sts again?! It's better than gaining, always remember that! How are you doing exercise wise?

I don't understand how I spend all week heavier than the previous weigh in and have to pull it back in the last couple of days. It does my head in. Maybe it takes a while for everything to catch up, but it panics me. I still don't know if I'm hitting the 13s tomorrow, it's going to be tight! Next week I need to seriously up my game too. I need to get exercising!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done!!! I lost 3.4lbs this week. I can't believe I'm officially in the 13s!!! I weighed in at 13st 11.4lbs. I went out last night and went 4pts over, but I'll get that back easily. Ah, I'm so pleased with myself.

My plan for this week is to go on my bike for half an hour a night, and to cut out potatoes and pasta. Last night I had six chicken nuggets and a bowl of broccoli boiled in stock for dinner. It was really filling and I didn't miss the potato! It came to 3pts, so it helped limit my overall points yesterday.

1lb off this week so 11lbs off in 5weeks im getting there thankfully! Hope your all doing well good luck this week ladies xx

My first official week back on the plan and I'm aiming for a lifestyle change with no diet in it as I fail as soon as I say quick fix diet eeekk!!
I only want to be in the 11s so have around 14lbs to loose then maintain
I lost 6lbs this week woop woop

Well done, welshcwtch! You certainly shouldn't think of this plan as quick fix, but it's definitely a lifestyle change.

Well done everyone else too!

I think my large loss yesterday was due to being dehydrated. I'll see what I weigh today and if there's a big difference take that weight instead.

Hiya everyone..... Can I please come back???? I'm ashamed to say I have well and truly fallen off the wagon and feel soooo disappointed with myself for gaining another 3lb, I'm feeling so crap at the moment I really don't know why I'm struggling so much?! Anyway I really need your support and I NEED to do this properly now, no more messing around! Have had a really good day today so I am feeling strong!!! Famous last words eh?? From what I see everyone seems to be doing great... Well done guys x

Jackie woo, don't be silly, of course you're welcome back! We all make silly mistakes like that. If you think that's bad, I weighed in at 13st 11.4lbs on Saturday, but on Sunday I weighed 14st 2.8lbs again, but I don't know where it came from! It was definitely right cuz I tried a couple times to see if it was the way I was standing. I did think my loss was dehydration, but I only expected to be 2lbs heavier on Sunday, not 5.4lbs!!! So as soon as I get into the 13s, I'm back in the 14s again, and it's very unlikely I'll lose all that before Saturday. I'm gutted, but that's just the rollercoaster that is dieting. We must plod on though!

How has everyone else been?

I started day one on low carb today. I haven't touched bread, pasta, or potato, and have only had about 50g carbs, as opposed to 200g+. I was aiming for between 50-100g per day, which is apparently the optimum. I'm feeling the effects, as I've had a headache all day, but considering I'm a complete carb monster, I expect it. It's supposed to calm down after a few days though, which is good. I'm hoping next week I'll get back as much of that crazy 5lb gain I had after weigh in.

I started day one on low carb today. I haven't touched bread, pasta, or potato, and have only had about 50g carbs, as opposed to 200g+. I was aiming for between 50-100g per day, which is apparently the optimum. I'm feeling the effects, as I've had a headache all day, but considering I'm a complete carb monster, I expect it. It's supposed to calm down after a few days though, which is good. I'm hoping next week I'll get back as much of that crazy 5lb gain I had after weigh in.

How's the low carb going?

It's going well. I'm only on my fourth day, but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be, although it's pretty restrictive. Last night I craved carbs in bed. I tried thinking about vegetables and meaty things to see if I was hungry, but I only enjoyed thinking about the carbs. I was pretty mad, but again, it's probably normal when you've always eaten so many.

I had a midweek weigh, and I can't say I'm surprised. Without giving TMI, I've had some digestive problems since Saturday, and nothing is really doing the trick.

On the plus, I've been exercising for twenty minutes each night so once my little problem is sorted I should be in good stead to get the weight off again. I've found I much prefer doing low intensity for twenty minutes, burning 200 calories every night, than doing medium intensity for 45 minutes, burning 500 calories, but feeling too sore the next two days to do any exercise.

How are you getting on, honeybee?

Sounds like you're doing well, without interfering, have you tried green tea and prune juice for your digestive problem? Even peppermint tea can be helpful, I have a hiatus hernia & ibs and find these things work quite well (when not using medication).im doing good actually, weigh in is tomorrow but just had a sneaky weigh and im on target for around 2lbs tomorrow.

That's really good! I have had a bad day on the eating front, I've binged on crap this evening, but I was involved in a road accident that had me pretty shaken up and I needed something to tell myself I'm lucky to be alive, don't be so obsessed with dieting. I'm getting back on track tomorrow as normal, and of course it'll affect my weigh on Saturday, but I do get too obsessed. Stuff like today is a reminder that I still need to enjoy life. Not in as big a quantity mind, that's my bad, but you get my jist.

Let me know how you get on tomorrow!

Back