The Check-in Point

I'm absolutely fine, I was just shaken up. I ride a motorbike and someone drove into the back of me when I'd stopped at a roundabout. It could have been so much more serious than it was. It's just lucky the roundabout was clear when I was launched into it!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on the loss! I'm not getting a loss, I weighed and it looks like a 2lb gain. I'm not sure where it came from (the 5.4lbs on Sunday) still but I'll take it on the chin! If it means I got 3lbs of the phantom gain off, that's wicked. I'll carry on working hard though.

Hey, ladies! It turned out I was only 0.8lb heavier than last week! I went out last night, but I limited my alcohol points by putting my drinks into a wine glass. Usually I have a big glass and have a massive shot to fill the glass appropriately. This time, cuz I had a smaller glass, I tricked myself into thinking I still had five drinks before I went out, only I had half the alcohol I normally would. I had two beers while I was out, at 2.5pts each, but bottles are easier when you're having a boogie! I'm definitely feeling better for it today, like I can take on the week without worrying about making up 15pts I overused (which is normally what happens).

So how is everyone else doing?

Well done you, although I dont drink, thats a great tip for me to pass on to mates.im getting along just fine, so happy to be in my 3rd week of old points, I would never of lost 5.5lbs in 2wks with propoints :)

Off the top of my head I don't know, but I know the noodles are 2.5pts, so it must be less than that!

Well done for sticking to your first couple of weeks. Those always seemed the hardest for me!

Hi everyone, hope your all having a good week? I was sooo happy when I weighed on Sunday -4.5 lbs!!!! So that takes me back to where I was a few weeks ago!! Never mind though!!! Hoping for another good week this week as I haven't even wanted anything 'naughty' and that is so not like me!!! I always think I'm missing out on all the goodies!! Been so short staffed in work so I think that's helped keep me on track haven't had time to eat!! ( I'm a chef so there's always something to eat!) on my way home now to have chilli and cauliflower rice!! Looking forward to it now I'm starving!!! Hope your all ok??

It's grated raw cauliflower which i steam lightly for about 5-10 mins, makes a great rice substitute for 0 points!!! You can put some dried herbs or spices in to give it more flavour but I just season mine with salt & pepper it's v. nice!!!

Well done you! A loss is a loss!

I got 3.4 lbs off this week. Really chuffed with that! Again, I'm not sure if it's partly dehydration cuz I went out last night, but it's a good result. I only had four rums, with tiny measures again, and one beer, but I had a pint of water in the club and sipped that, so I can't be TOO dehydrated anyway. :) I'm really getting into the low carb now. I still slip up, but the majority of my week is low carb. Had a bit of a naughty week though, so I may see the result of it at next week's weigh. For now, I plan to limit damage by using my exercise bike every day.

How is everyone else? It's pretty quiet now.

Wow! Some good losses this week, well done ladies!
Sorry that I'm not around, I haven't been on here at all go a couple of weeks, I feel a bit a fraud chatting on here but not actually following the plan. I'm watching what I eat, generally eating healthily but am not ww or dieting in any way. I just don't want to. I guess I will diet again, I don't like being this size (it's a shame I wasn't already slimmer when I started to rebel!) but it doesn't seem to be at the mo.
Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say a well done xx

I have the Slim Fast shakes. They aren't a permanent thing, I just know I need to shrink my stomach a bit, since I used to eat all day every day. There are 3pts in the strawberry and banana flavours, then chocolate is 3.5pts; totally worth the extra 0.5pt! I whizz them up in a smoothie blender, with 4 cubes of ice. It adds an extra creamyness, rather than just drinking a milkshake; it also puts air into the mix, making it seem like there's up t0 500ml more, depending on how many cubes you use (I'd say no more than six) and what level you put on the whizzer. It makes it last longer, and they really fill you up that way. I used to have them by just mixing powder with milk, but they were just a drink. After making them 'expand' in the blender, they are so filling. I had mine at half nine and I still feel full. I know on a regular breakfast anyone else would still feel full at this time, but on just a shake, I actually feel like I couldn't eat a morsel!

That's a really good idea, slim fast lollies! I don't think they'd fill me up like they would by blending in a shake, but they'd make things a bit more interesting!

You got the family around for a while? Remember if you get any snacks or treats in to make them WW friendly, or have alternatives for yourself!

Quite like the idea of having some shakes. Do you use the ice cubes instead of milk or as well as the milk?

Back