The Check-in Point

I'm going to do a monster push now, hopefully not do too much damage over there (only away a week), then really go for it again until Xmas. How about a little challenge not to keep us going? 10 Day challenge? 10 days 100%? Or I'm up for a 10 weeker if you'd prefer? I'll account for my trip.

Hey 10 weeker in theory is good but I think its so easy to fall of the wagon. 10 day sounds fab we can do it in baby steps and aim towards the bigger challenge but in small steps doesn't seem so bad. What does everyone think? X

Yeah, ten day sounds awesome. I'll have to put today behind me, but really go for it as of tomorrow. I think four days of eating crap and expecting to lose weight is more than enough. :rolleyes:

I still haven't been getting notifications for my subscribed threads. I thought it had gone quiet again!

Okay, I'll give it a go too, though still not really focussed. I talked the talk......

Don't give me excuses, Hules! :p If I can sit here with an open bag of crisps and peanuts, as well as chocolate, and not touch it... You too can be good!!! :D

I'm going to weigh myself again in a minute. It'll take some serious work to make sure I lose this week. I'd like 3lbs off in total for this ten day challenge. No official weigh ins at the end of the week, only at the end of the challenges!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think it's ten days for now, and thinking about it slow and steady. Ten weeks is a long way away!

Ahh, a nice little challenge group I think! Thanks for the telling off Lorny, I need keeping in line :)

I've had a good day so far, mostly due to being at work, but I didn't go mad when I got home either so I'm pleased. Day one done! :)

Oh and I'm liking the fact that it's 10 days too, anything else is a bit daunting at these mo x

We are all in this together, Hules! If we can't keep each other in line, what are we on here for?! :D

I had a bit of a scare the night before last. I couldn't breathe! It turns out it's a blood pressure thing, and so it's more important than ever that I stick to this! I have hypertension stage one, although I'm only just in that stage, so it could all still be reversed! Just need to stay focused now.

I had a good day yesterday, and today should be good too! I have work later, and I think my beau will most certainly tell me off if I suggest going to the chippy on the way home. If anything, I should be eating small bits at work to make sure I'm not hungry and not tempted!

How did everyone else do?

I had another good day. I seem to have calmed down a bit. Had a homemade couscous salad for lunch and fish cake and h/m wedges for tea.
It's always a worry when you start getting obviously weight related symptoms. Really hope that you don't get many more of those honey x How's your shoulder by the way?

Touch wood, my shoulder is no longer a worry! Whenever I get twinges, I take one straight away to stop it :)

Well done for staying on the ball! I have been doing alright. I resisted peanuts again, and there was a buffet at work cuz we catered for a party. I had one sammich quarter and a little baclava sweet thing. I was working until half twelve though so I needed a sugar boost. Definitely had no desire for chips when I left too!

Touch wood, my shoulder is no longer a worry! Whenever I get twinges, I take one straight away to stop it :)

Well done for staying on the ball! I have been doing alright. I resisted peanuts again, and there was a buffet at work cuz we catered for a party. I had one sammich quarter and a little baclava sweet thing. I was working until half twelve though so I needed a sugar boost. Definitely had no desire for chips when I left too!

So pleased you've cracked it with the shoulder :p and well done too with resisting the buffet and chips. You sound really positive hun x

I hopped on the scales this morning and I've lost 2 lbs so I'm chuffed. I've been keeping an eye on points but just trying to eat healthier generally and listen to my body. Not really denying myself anything, just asking myself why I'm over eating if I feel inclined to. You'd laugh if you could hear any of the internal dialogues :D it seems to be going okay so far anyway and I'm just off for a run too so all is good :)

You'd laugh if you saw me in the mornings! When I weigh myself I punch the air in triumph and congratulate myself if I've done well, or I give myself a pep talk if I haven't done as well as I thought. :D

I'm still doing well, hanging in there. I've just eaten two small jacket potatoes, 4pts with half a tin of beans, 2.5pts, and I added some herbs and some frylight onions to the beans. I'm pretty happy with that! Haven't overeaten since Thursday, which is a bonus. I also got given an almond croissant by my mate at work, who mum's me a bit (even though I've told her I'm trying to diet- she is too, but I think she's sabotaging me cuz she's not doing so well...), but anyway, I managed to not even be tempted to eat it! So yeah, all in all, these baby steps are helping me get to grips with this.

Definitely enjoying the mini goals, as opposed to thinking 'ten weeks, we've got bloody ages'. Small goals mean less time, meaning I'm less likely to go off the rails. I didn't weigh this morning, but I'll weigh tomorrow. I can't remember what weight I was at the start, but I wrote it down somewhere.

What day are we on now, day four or five? I think I'll go with 15st 11.6lbs as my start weight since that was the most recent update of my weight. I re-started again on the 12th though, and I was 16st 2.8lbs at that point, so already doing pretty well.

Last edited:
Ahh, well done hun! Sounds like you're doing great! Why do people do that? I do wonder, it does sometimes seem that some peeps hate to see someone doing better than they are. It's a shame! You did do well not to eat it x

I've had another good day. Went for my run in the rain. And have eaten well but not panicky. I had a third of a lovely thin crust pizza with masses of salad and a few fries. Tea was crispy chicken jacket spud and and mushy peas with meringue, fruit and ice cream for pud. The only snacks I had were a few pieces of dried mango and some fruit. Didn't fancy anything else. Feels nice.

I have been feeling so lacking in energy recently. I don't know if it's to do with me eating less, or getting up early for college, or what, but I've been unmotivated for the last few days. I've stuck to the diet, of course, but being tired makes me want to eat more. I just need to keep telling myself that this is for the good of my health, and to keep at it.

Got the dreaded shopping trip soon. I don't think I'll be tempted to buy rubbish, but I'm hungry, and I might end up snacking on a big bag of popcorn or something cuz there aren't any small packs. I don't think it'll get that far, but you never know where temptation lies! I want something easy for dinner today too, but I'm not sure what. Probably something involving potatoes. I've actually had a craving for yorkshire pudding, sausages, and beans recently, so I might see how many points there are in a big one. If I buy a big frozen one, it'll only take about ten minutes for the whole meal to cook. That'll stop me picking!

Be strong honey! There are all sorts of reasons why you might be feeling low, not least because it's getting wintry! Perhaps you need some energy foods?

I'm still feeling okay. Not over eating, but not too overly concerned about the points. The odd thing is that although I'm kind of allowing myself anything (within reason) I'm really just fancying tasty healthy stuff. No way I would have gone over today. Picked up a chewy sweet at work, opened it, licked it, then didn't want it anymore so chucked it! Only snacked on dried fruit and grapes. Dinner was a nice roasted veg and Parma ham pasta made by the hubs which was yum and a small slice of angel cake too.

How did you do in the end Lorny hun x

I've stuck to it! I had beans and sausage the other night, so that was nice and quick. The night before that I made pasta and shoved loads of cheese on. It was within points but I hadn't been watching my points too much the day before, so I ate some of the cheese but left half. Had a meeting with the other degree students yesterday and my tutor baked cakes. Lots of mars bar cake, lots of brownies. Not one touched my lips! This is crazy!

We are getting close to goal date now, so every little bit will count. I think I might be getting into it, but it's early days yet. I've spent so much money on nice clothes when I lose weight and it's about time I really tried to get into them. I wear the same three or four outfits day in, day out. I could have a different outfit for every day of the month at this rate. :D So when is the goal day? Three days now?

Back