Total Solution The diary of a fat mummy!

Nothing wrong with that Sadie!! Less likely to put it back on if it does take a bit longer.

So....I started day 12 feeling great.
That great I forgot to have my shake until 12!! Big mistake as I let the hunger creep in!! I've not had any food or anything but feel a bit all over. Had second pack at 4.30 and I'm literally desperate for my 3rd which hubby is kindly making me. So note to self - get my first pack by 10-10.30 ish as I had been as that seems to work for me.

Packs today - honeycomb shake, caramel crunch bar and just having Indian curry now. This is the first day this week I've had a bar and a meal as I prefer two shakes then one or the other but really feel I need it today.

Had a fab massage earlier to distract and just having a chilled out evening watching the voice. Have lots of work to do too so hoping I can stop thinking about bloody food - specifically crisps!

Hope you made it through the evening! X

Yeah I did. I'd got into a bit of a routine with the times of my packs and I think my body couldn't cope yesterday with having the first one so late.
Feeling fine again this morning. Resisted any eggs so far!! And there are a lot of them!!

So far so good!! Given away 4 eggs to the kids so they're well happy!

The chocolate temptation is soo hard to resist especially this time of year lol. How has your day been going?

The chocolate temptation is soo hard to resist especially this time of year lol. How has your day been going?

Not too badly thanks Clover. And you?

I've resisted all temptation. I didn't go to the family dinner until after they'd finished eating as to be fair I've loads of work to do so just said I was snowed under. So I dodged that one. I'm currently sat looking at two of the biggest piles of Easter eggs ever and I really don't feel tempted. However if it were giant bags of sensations I'm not sure I'm strong enough yet to resist - crisps are my downfall.
I'm still feeling quite bloated from TOTM so not sure what Tuesday's weigh in will bring. I'd be over the moon if I could get 5lb off to make a stone but not sure it will happen. We'll see. Not peaking at the scales until then though.

Hope you've all had a good Easter so far.

Woohoo I survived Easter Sunday! I can't tell you how proud of myself I am. Normally I'd have had 3 Easter eggs!
I do think avoiding the family dinner yesterday was a wise choice but I also think I'll need to tell them what I'm doing as I can't avoid things forever.
Yesterday's packs - 10.15am Cherries & Berries
3.30pm - chocolate shake
8.30pm - sweet n sour noodles.
I really like the noodles! How strange. And bizarre they fill you up - really does put portion control into perspective.

Is it crazy that I'd like a faster weight loss. Almost like I'll feel disappointed if I don't get the 5lb this week - maybe just because I want to see that first stone off. And probably because I've so much to lose! I know it will take about a 3 stone loss before I drop a dress size.....due to my height all of my weight is on my stomach - it's revolting and takes a long time to shift. Anyway onto day 14 I go. Boring bank holiday as I'm locked away working but at least it's a distraction.

Well done MrsN being locked away isn't a bad thing lol! Can't wait to see how you do tomorrow x

Last edited:
Well done indeed for resisting all that temptation - a really big step, and wise choices made :)

I've kept myself busy with work all weekend too :rolleyes:

I know it's not easy, but don't get obsessed with the scales

.....a loss is a loss, whatever it might be :D

We have almost exactly the same amount of weight to lose now.........and this is going to be our year! :)

You are right Darcy but I guess I feel that a vlcd is such a sacrifice I want to see results. BUT I also need to change my relationship with food so this is the best route for me. I've lost 2 inches from my waist! But hips /stomach nothing so I just just bigger - ha. Mind you I'll be happy with a nice curvy shape when I'm slimmer.
This is our year!

Pack one and 1 litre water down - strawberry cheesecake. Won't be ordering more of those but need to use them up.

Well done on resisting the temptations :)

I do think you may have to either tell your family or take the long view and modify your diet plan to work in the occasional event and/or celebration because life happens. That is the view I am taking. If I didn't eat Easter Sunday dinner (after cooking it) there would have been a ructions at home, and my family are supportive of me doing this diet.

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow :)

Thanks Sadie. I think you are right and I will have to build in some social / family things in. Eg it's my mums birthday this week and she'd like to go out for a meal. It would be so unfair not to go so I will. Hopefully I can choose something wise. Massive test!!!

It is hard and I needed a few weeks of TS under my belt before I was able to venture off track. But, I have found eating out easier than eating off track at home as I can make a protein and salad based choice whilst out but at home have to consider others.

I think you're right..... I will go for chicken and steamed greens but at home there would need to be some carbs with it. Hubby is doing all the cooking at the minute as I'm struggling to even be in the kitchen! But I know that will pass.

I think that so long as your immediate loved ones are supportive you should be fine. I cook for my family most weekends and it's been ok, so long as I am clear in my head that I am not going to eat anything off plan.

Yeah my hubby and 2 best mates are ace.
I will tell the rest but not just yet.

So, day 14 is pretty much done.
Packs - Strawberry shortcake (only a few of those left now thankfully) Honeycombe and spag Bol for tea (I really like the spag Bol!)

Really hoping for a decent loss tomorrow. I've stuck to it 100% and had 4 litres of water daily so I bloody deserve the 5lb I'm after.
The only thing I think I need to work on is exercise. Not gonna lie I hate it but I've agreed to start a dance class next week so that's a start.

So....I've lost 6lb this week.
Really pleased with that as I do think I deserve it!
Onto week 3.

Back