The Diary of A Indecisive Stress Head

Mmmm what's the lemon recipe it sounds gorgeous. Well done you at the gym :) and still being 100% :) :D xxx

Hiya Rkmriddell here's the recipe but instead of putting it on the stove we put it in the oven instead

Ingredients
8 Chicken Thighs – boneless and skinless
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
220 ml of chicken stock
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
the juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Frylight or Pam spray
Some fresh coriander or cilantro leaves (or dried if you havent got fresh)
few slices of fresh lemon to garnish

Method

Spray a frying pan with Frylight or Pam spray
Brown the chicken, and set aside
Add the onions and fresh garlic and ginger and cook for approx 2 mins, add some more Frylight or Pam spray if needed.
Add the spices and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
Stir in the lemon juice, stock and vinegar.
Add back the chicken pieces, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for approx 20mins until the chicken is tender.
If the sauce dries out too quickly add a little more water.
Top with some coriander and fresh lemon slices
Serve with your choice of side and vegetables

Boo xx

boo68 said:
Hiya Rkmriddell here's the recipe but instead of putting it on the stove we put it in the oven instead

Ingredients
8 Chicken Thighs – boneless and skinless
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
220 ml of chicken stock
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
the juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Frylight or Pam spray
Some fresh coriander or cilantro leaves (or dried if you havent got fresh)
few slices of fresh lemon to garnish

Method
Spray a frying pan with Frylight or Pam spray
Brown the chicken, and set aside
Add the onions and fresh garlic and ginger and cook for approx 2 mins, add some more Frylight or Pam spray if needed.
Add the spices and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
Stir in the lemon juice, stock and vinegar.
Add back the chicken pieces, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for approx 20mins until the chicken is tender.
If the sauce dries out too quickly add a little more water.
Top with some coriander and fresh lemon slices
Serve with your choice of side and vegetables

Boo xx

Mmmm sounds so good. Is it a rice dish or potato do you think? X

Another one here who's going to try the lemon chilli chicken, it sounds so delicious :D I love the fact there are so many recipes about on here :)

Def going to give it a try :) will let you know how I get on x

Excellent, you'll love it :D xxx

Another one here who's going to try the lemon chilli chicken, it sounds so delicious :D I love the fact there are so many recipes about on here :)

Yes me too, I like to read what people are eating it gives you loads of ideas btw you'll love this recipe its our family favourite :D Boo xx

Day 6 - Monday 20 February 2012

Good morning everyone :D Just a quick pop in as I'm getting ready for work.

Busy day today as I've got a training session in London this afternoon, I've got a red day me thinks so for breakfast I've had porridge and blueberries, lunch is ham sandwhich with fruit, dinner is left over lemon chilli chicken with loads of veg.

Hope everyone has a great day, catch up later Boo xxx

Hello! Hope your training session went well today and it wasn't too long a day

Hello! Hope your training session went well today and it wasn't too long a day

Hiya BlondeGem got back from my course about 6 this evening, wasn't too bad although the travel in by tube is never nice lol Boo xx

What a day! Its been a strange day today but not a bad one, training went well although I hate travelling on the tube but the plan has been ok, so I'm pleased :D I also walked to work which takes me 30 mins so that was my exercise for the day :D

Weigh-in tomorrow night and it has been hard over the weekend but I'm really glad I got over it and didn't pig out as I usually do.

I will be soo disappointed if I haven't lost anything.... the trouble with me is I want this weight off now and it aint gonna happen like that so I'll have to get used to it.

I've also got the usual stuff at home which needs sorting out (bills) and could really do with a break from it but unless I win the lottery it aint gonna happen, so thats my day today, I'm a bit down but not too down to realise that I've had a good week on plan, sorry this has been a bit of a downer post but sometimes you just have to write how you feel don't you instead of heading for the bickie tin, hope everyone is having a good evening, catch up soon Boo xx

Im like that i expect it to just fall off lol n dont worry bout the post eveyone has dien days! Been reading your diary and my sw consultant is so enthusiastic and wants to know everythin in fact the first week i joined i got a letter in the post it was a handmade card off her sayin welcome to slimming world hope your first week has gone to plan n then her contact details. She even has her own website just for our class were we can put r recipes and stuff and she always e-mails me when syns on stuff hav changed. Dont know wat i wud do without her :) although my first week it was that packed i felt all flustered n rushed was even thinkin bout not goin bak but i stuck to it lol makes me sound like ive been goin for years in fact ive only been joined since end ov jan.
Anyway ive gone on to much and hi jacked ur status lol just hope ur feeling betta xxx

You will have lost, have faith :) you've stuck to plan!!! I look forward to seeing your update tomorrow x

Im like that i expect it to just fall off lol n dont worry bout the post eveyone has dien days! Been reading your diary and my sw consultant is so enthusiastic and wants to know everythin in fact the first week i joined i got a letter in the post it was a handmade card off her sayin welcome to slimming world hope your first week has gone to plan n then her contact details. She even has her own website just for our class were we can put r recipes and stuff and she always e-mails me when syns on stuff hav changed. Dont know wat i wud do without her :) although my first week it was that packed i felt all flustered n rushed was even thinkin bout not goin bak but i stuck to it lol makes me sound like ive been goin for years in fact ive only been joined since end ov jan.
Anyway ive gone on to much and hi jacked ur status lol just hope ur feeling betta xxx

Hiya Emma thank you for popping in your welcome anytime :D yes having a fab consultant makes all the difference and we are very lucky to have one :D lol and you haven't hijacked my diary I love reading peoples views Boo xxx

You will have lost, have faith :) you've stuck to plan!!! I look forward to seeing your update tomorrow x

Lol thank you Rkmriddell you are right and soon as I get back from class tomorrow night I will post my results thanks for giving me the kick I needed lol I will not lose faith :) Boo xx

Don't apologise for posting when you feel down, that's what a diary is for and we are all here to support you :)

BlondeGem said:
Don't apologise for posting when you feel down, that's what a diary is for and we are all here to support you :)

^what she said^

Also I think the important thing is to be realistic with our losses. 1-2lb per week on average is good and healthy. If we expect that much then we won't be disappointed xxx

Day 7 - Tuesday 21 February 2012

O.M.G girlies I've just come back from class and I've lost 8 lb!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Totally shocked and can't get over it, I'm really pleased but still can't believe it! I haven't starved myself I've had big meals and I haven't gone hungry again o.m.g.!!

Right back down to earth now, although I've had a great evening my day has been another drama, seems like there is always a drama in my life or one just round the corner, again to do with money, I can't believe how stretched we are then someone else wants more from us (I'm moaning again :cool:) meh!

Anyhoo, again I'm really pleased with my loss and told the consultant that I don't expect a weight loss next week as this week was very good, she said that I could have a weight loss so I've put myself down for 2lb which would be great. No going overboard with syns tonight, not sure whether I'll go to the gym tomorrow or Thursday but will aim for tomorrow.

Feeling a lil down still which is bad because of the great night I've had but hey I can't help it, hope everyone is having a good evening. Catch up soon Boo xx

That is fantastic great loss xx n i understand were ur cummin from with the money thing :( just try not to let it get u down :)

Thanks Emma :) your right about the money thing, I should be celebrating my loss! Sooo go me! :D:D:D:D:D Boo xxx

Back