The diary of a spod.

Yes Abz - adding oxygen to the blood does kind of kill you... I was bemused by this as well. :confused:

Throat is feeling a bit better thanks, but my voice is still v. croaky. (Its Laryngitis - we looked up the translation from my medical note), so it will take a few days to clear properly. I feel a bit better in myself but sooooo tired! :4635:

No wonder you were struggling with the whole motivation of cooking things Silence- so boring only being able to boil or fry everything.

I have watched Series 3 of Desperate housewives and the first series of The IT Crowd which has made me laugh a lot (silently!).

Now watching Beauty and the Geek (husband has gone to shops - I can watch car crash tv!!)

Ready Eddy isnt the red dragon, he was a plasticine character (who changes shape) who glows. It was the mid 80s, so you being a young sprightly 22 /23 would have been v. small (or it might even be before your time??). God, its just hit me. I am old. In 7 months time I will have to fill in the 30-35 bracket on surveys. Think I might start staying at 29....:sad0071:

(All the Chinese people we know think I look like I am an uni student - no one believes me when I tell them how old I am, which is hilarious because they all think my husband must be 40 or near enough cos he is a principle, so his students always ask me what its like to be barried to someone so much older!! - he's only 32!) :D

Hope you are all ok.

xx

a young sprightly 22

That made me laugh. Yes, I was born in January 1986 so I was pretty small when ready eddy was on tv. And even if I did see him it was in the adverts between postman pat, thomas the tank engine and fireman sam. lol.

Showing your age again pet - Fireman Sam didnt exsist when I was little.....
Do you remember the adventures of Portland Bill? My little bro (who is 26 used to love that)

xx

Showing your age again pet - Fireman Sam didnt exsist when I was little.....
Do you remember the adventures of Portland Bill? My little bro (who is 26 used to love that)

xx

Portland Bill? No I don't remember that. :eek:

i do :D but then i'm an oldie at 25 :D

i was a button moon, thomas the tank, postman pat gal :D

abz xx

See I remember button moon, and according to my parents I adored Postman Pat. I also used to like The Magic Roundabout, Playdays and Rainbow.

Apparently I also used to love a video my dad had which was a week's worth of Watch With Mother; Bill and Ben, Woodentops, Andy Pandy, Rag Tag and Bobtail and Picture Book. Which was shown in the 50's when my dad was a kid.

Och, children's TV just isn't the same any more!!!

~Silence~

Button moon - now you're talking!! Button Moon was ACE! (saw it at the theatre as well!), I loved Postman Pat too. Do any of you young 'uns remember The Flumps and Bric a brack? they were great too and I want to be Jane from Rainbow (Rod, Jane and Freddy or Rod Jane and Roger - as it was when I first started watching Rainbow...)
But thats showing my age too...

xx

Button moon - now you're talking!! Button Moon was ACE! (saw it at the theatre as well!), I loved Postman Pat too. Do any of you young 'uns remember The Flumps and Bric a brack? they were great too and I want to be Jane from Rainbow (Rod, Jane and Freddy or Rod Jane and Roger - as it was when I first started watching Rainbow...)
But thats showing my age too...

xx

Doh! That is I *wanted* to be Jane (I dont any more!!!!!)

xx

hee. i loved rainbow but have no idea of the folk of which you speak. zippy, bungle, george and geoffrey all the way.

oh. and sooty and sweep!!

i went to see postman pat at the theatre when i was little and i remember i locked myself in the bathroom before we went and got stuck in there (i wasn't supposed to lock the door) and thought i would have to spend the night in there and wouldn't be able to go, hee. i was only about 3 i think. :D

playdays i only liked the owl stop :D

abz xx

hee. i loved rainbow but have no idea of the folk of which you speak. zippy, bungle, george and geoffrey all the way.

i went to see postman pat at the theatre when i was little and i remember i locked myself in the bathroom before we went and got stuck in there (i wasn't supposed to lock the door) and thought i would have to spend the night in there and wouldn't be able to go, hee. i was only about 3 i think. :D

abz xx

You dont know who Rod, Jane and Freddy / Roger are??? They were singers / dancers on Rainbow. God, now I am really showing my age. Bungle, Zippy, George and Geoffrey were on there too tho. (if you go on to youtube, you can see them!)

Poor you locking yourself in the bathroom!! I remember doing that too... :rolleyes:

Playdays didnt exsist when I was little either - it was Play School, which was fab! Let's pretend was another good one.

Children's telly isnt what it used to be!

xx

Morning Spod, well afternoon here (whats the time difference between UK and China ??)

answering your question about why i've to up the plans now that i'm sick, CD is a VLCD which is no good when ya get sick cuz we need to be taking in normal calories when we're ill in order to fight the virus's, even by upping the plans I'll still be eating way less than a person normally would if they weren't dieting, boy i hope that makes sense to ya :p

abz xx

Awww yeah! Sooty and Sweep!!! I went to see them in the theatre. My aunty took me and my cousins.

As for locking yourself in the toilets... I did that this summer in Scarborough. The lock was really stiff and I took me ages to prise it back open!!! lol.

~Silence~

Morning Spod, well afternoon here (whats the time difference between UK and China ??)

answering your question about why i've to up the plans now that i'm sick, CD is a VLCD which is no good when ya get sick cuz we need to be taking in normal calories when we're ill in order to fight the virus's, even by upping the plans I'll still be eating way less than a person normally would if they weren't dieting, boy i hope that makes sense to ya :p

Thanks for explaining! It does make sense.

Time difference - I am 8 hours ahead of you (so its my bed time v. shortly).

Sooty and Sweep - I totally utterley and completely love Sweep. If you watch enough Sooty and Sweep, you can actually understand what Sweep says.

xx

Janey I'll show my age too......I only ever saw Bagpuss on a black and white tv and it wasnt until I was a uni student that I saw that he was pink and white. It was a bit of a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx

Thanks for explaining! It does make sense.

Time difference - I am 8 hours ahead of you (so its my bed time v. shortly).

Wow, ain't time difference weird,,,,I'm used to talking to friends in Canada/US so I'm always ahead of them, boys its nearly 11pm there, lucky i'm off work today, I get to speak to you live for a change :p

Sooty and Sweep - I totally utterley and completely love Sweep. If you watch enough Sooty and Sweep, you can actually understand what Sweep says.
:giggle: this made me laugh my head off, I always preferred Sweep to Sooty, he was the bad boy of the two :giggle:
xx

I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember what were my fav programs as a kid, anyone remember the Trumptons, there was a windmill, ooohh Noddy and Big Ears, being from Ireland, we had a very popular Wanderly Wagon show, I was brought to see it live on a school trip, I can't remember what age I was though :confused::p

I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember what were my fav programs as a kid, anyone remember the Trumptons, there was a windmill, ooohh Noddy and Big Ears, being from Ireland, we had a very popular Wanderly Wagon show, I was brought to see it live on a school trip, I can't remember what age I was though :confused::p

I LOVED Trumpton and Camberwick Green (and there was one with a train at the beginning too - I can remember the name, but I can sing the theme tune...)

We went to Dublin for our honeymoon (husband has family there too) and there was a great programme called celebrity jigs and reels. Top quality viewing!

xx

I LOVED Trumpton and Camberwick Green (and there was one with a train at the beginning too - I can remember the name, but I can sing the theme tune...)

We went to Dublin for our honeymoon (husband has family there too) and there was a great programme called celebrity jigs and reels. Top quality viewing!

xx

Cool, to ya coming to visit Dublin, which part did you visit, alas as to the jigs and reels :giggle: most irish people hated it :giggle: guess we always knock the home grown stuff, now give me Strictly Come Dancing any day

Do you think the kids today will get this nostalgic over Tellytubbies or Pokemon when they're grown up?

Back