The diary of El - Everyone Welcome :)

Well done that's a fab loss! X

Thanks ladies xx though I still think they're faulty!!! X

Morning lovelies. Well my head is pounding from too much vino. And by too much I mean 3 glasses. Cor I'm such a lightweight nowadays!!!

Weighed myself but my scales must be broken!!! I've lost 3.5lb!!! Shall weigh again when I get up properly to be sure xxx

Wow, well done you.

I'm ok ladies. Still here just trying to survive everything else at the moment. How is everyone else? Xxx

Thanks Lisa. I've literally just got in and showered for bed from work. This is just ridiculous at the moment. I'm either grabbing food on the run or not eating meals. It's getting daft!

I've had my staff member off for 4 weeks now (just over) and its not showing any signs of changing!!!! My best mates left her husband and I'm house sitting at my mums with no food in!!! Grrrrrrrrr.

They're back from hols next week so at least I can be back On tack with good a bit more just feel like a big fat failure today! X

Thanks Lisa. I've literally just got in and showered for bed from work. This is just ridiculous at the moment. I'm either grabbing food on the run or not eating meals. It's getting daft!

I've had my staff member off for 4 weeks now (just over) and its not showing any signs of changing!!!! My best mates left her husband and I'm house sitting at my mums with no food in!!! Grrrrrrrrr.

They're back from hols next week so at least I can be back On tack with good a bit more just feel like a big fat failure today! X

Not a failure at all, you're doing what you feel needs to be done in really difficult circs. No chance of a temp to help out while the staff member is sick? Not fair it all falls to you - getting home at 11 is not ok and your manager shouldn't be letting that happen as that's putting you under stress. Can you tell I'm in HR and wrote the health & well being policy!?

It's hard enough at the mo, don't give yourself a hard time about food - you are doing your best x

Not a failure at all, you're doing what you feel needs to be done in really difficult circs. No chance of a temp to help out while the staff member is sick? Not fair it all falls to you - getting home at 11 is not ok and your manager shouldn't be letting that happen as that's putting you under stress. Can you tell I'm in HR and wrote the health & well being policy!?

It's hard enough at the mo, don't give yourself a hard time about food - you are doing your best x

I wish I could hun. That's the point. Other areas are allowed temps but not curriculum admin :( I'm sure I've said before I love my job and I really do but it all just seems to be happening all at one what with work and my mate leaving her husband and everything. Thanks for the advice hun xxx

I wish I could hun. That's the point. Other areas are allowed temps but not curriculum admin :( I'm sure I've said before I love my job and I really do but it all just seems to be happening all at one what with work and my mate leaving her husband and everything. Thanks for the advice hun xxx

Hmmm, ex union rep speaking here. If you are not allowed temps there has got to be some provision for situations like this. In your situation I'd be going to HR, laying down the line about the hours you are working, point out that you are in danger of being ill yourself from the pressure. What would happen then, no flipping curiculum admin staff there!! They should be able to see this and work a way around the policy. I'm also wondering about a secondment from another department to help you out. No one should be under this pressure.

Sorry gotta rush XXXX

Sorry also to hear about your mate, not reading back all the way I can picture you doing everything you can to support her. A very worrying time for you for lots of reasons XXX

Thanks ladies. I hope it settles down too. Not holding out much hope for weigh in on Sunday but I'm not giving up. But I know realistically that I can't control everything.

With regards to the bestie yes it's very hard at the minute. Her ex is being so manipulative with regards to their daughter it's shocking!

Work isn't getting any better and I think I will be taking a trip to HR soon. Also the union I'm in has asked how people are doing following the restructure work wise so I suppose this is the perfect opportunity to say that with no contingency in place it's not going work!!!! We shall see!!!! The worst of it is is that the lady who is off has also been my good friend for 5 years. She's always had issues outside of work but because of the restructure she has found the increase harder and of course I'm now treading the fine line between friend and boss.

Hope everyone else is ok.
Xxx

Back