The difference between calories.

Yasmine

One last chance
Are the calories in American food products and British fiid products different?

Are the calories in American food products and British fiid products different?

It depends on the product. An egg is an egg. An american cookie might be a different size to a UK cookie.

I wonder why you are asking. Are you using a US calorie counting site?

If so, there's some british ones. I loved WLR but you have to pay. Foodfocus is quite good though. (Just in case you need)

Dont have a baldy yas sorry xx
Have a baldy LOL

No worries Chell. How are you? and how's everything? read you've ben treating yourself to some tastey things! :)

It depends on the product. An egg is an egg. An american cookie might be a different size to a UK cookie.

I wonder why you are asking. Are you using a US calorie counting site?

If so, there's some british ones. I loved WLR but you have to pay. Foodfocus is quite good though. (Just in case you need)
Oh I see ok.

No, I have British Book, I have The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible: The UK's most comprehensive calorie counter. I was looking up calories from fast food places and I was wondering is lets say a subway tuna sandwich from the UK had different calories to that In Subway in America.

Oh I see ok.

No, I have British Book, I have The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible: The UK's most comprehensive calorie counter.

That's a good one :clap: It's actually from the WLR site I mentioned.

I was looking up calories from fast food places and I was wondering is lets say a subway tuna sandwich from the UK had different calories to that In Subway in America.

yes, it probably would be different.

That's a good one :clap: It's actually from the WLR site I mentioned.

yes, it probably would be different.
It is a really good book, it has everything in it :).

Ah ha! thought so. Because you know how food in america is bigger, the portions, the size of their meat and the packaging, also the chemicals they add to their food, it made me think UK versions are the same.

It's fantastic and much more accurate than others :)
I guess That's why they call it the most comprehensive hehe.

Do you have this book?

It's generally not the portion sizes to worry about as it's fairly obvious if it's bigger than what you normally have but the ingredients, especially anything that might contain sugar because they don't have any limits like we do. Definitely be sure to check anything that you have including the drinks!

I guess That's why they call it the most comprehensive hehe.

Do you have this book?

I do. I used the site for a few months as it was easier to see how balanced my way of eating was, but now I have the book.

I don't use it often now, but it's helpful when people ask questions :D

I do. I used the site for a few months as it was easier to see how balanced my way of eating was, but now I have the book.

I don't use it often now, but it's helpful when people ask questions :D
Hehe cool :D

Oh I see ok.

No, I have British Book, I have The Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible: The UK's most comprehensive calorie counter. .

Hi Yas ... Do you mind if I ask .... does this book contain GI or/and GL of foods as well as the other info??

Thanks x

Hi Yas ... Do you mind if I ask .... does this book contain GI or/and GL of foods as well as the other info??

Thanks x

No, it doesn't do GI or GL. Just kcals, protein, fat, fibre in serving sizes and 100g. Has got a lot in it though.

No, it doesn't do GI or GL. Just kcals, protein, fat, fibre in serving sizes and 100g. Has got a lot in it though.

Thanks KD .. I'm hoping to find one that's got everything in it until I decide exactly how I'm going to 'control' things after re-feed. x

Thanks KD .. I'm hoping to find one that's got everything in it

I think you'll have a problem finding a book that lists GI values for everything. Maybe basic foods, but I doubt anything that is combined with other foods...so that will disclude that bag of mixed salad etc.

I say this because I found GI/GL kind of confusing :D Good to know the basics, but it seems to get very complicated once you put two foods together and also how you cook them makes a difference even if you don't add anything. Mash a potato and it's one level, crush it and it's another :D

With calories, you just add up the kcals. With GI, put a low GI food with a high GI food and you'll change the value of both foods.

For example, if I have oatsosimple (instead of real porridge), I have a high GI meal. If I add almonds, it lowers the GI, if I add even more almonds, it lowers the GI even more.

Makes written a 'bible' on cals, protein blah blah and GI for everything kind of difficult.

It would be easier to get a separate book for GI. The Rick Gallop ones are pretty good though there's some basic charts on the web :)

I suppose it would be really handy if you are having a holiday in the U.S.A. But I heard they put sugar in everything, even a loaf of bread!!! No wonder they have such a worse obesity problem than even the U.K., although sadly, we are catching up with them!

I suppose it would be really handy if you are having a holiday in the U.S.A. But I heard they put sugar in everything, even a loaf of bread!!! No wonder they have such a worse obesity problem than even the U.K., although sadly, we are catching up with them!
That is what I was trying to get at. I mean of all the health sites I find, they are all American. The British ones I find are boring, and you always have to subscribe to be a member which means I have to pay.

So when I look up at Recipes or foods, I always remember that everything in America is bigger.

Thanks KD and Little*red - I really appreciate the trouble you've both gone to with your replies. xx

Back