The Discover Plan - basics

its really interesting to see the responses to this change.

If you were on core, i can understand people choosing not to change and stay on core, especially if its working well. Not broken, no fix needed!

If you are on points, there really is little change as the calculation for points has stayed the same.

I think the biggest change is how the information is presented. The change in emphasis on filling foods and thinking about your choices rather than just eating whatever.

Using starlight's example.

If you are hungry, and eat crisps, you will still be hungry after. So pasta is prob a better option.

However, if you fancy crisps, and eat pasta, you will still fancy crisps! And will prob still eat them after the pasta anyway! So in this case the crisps were prob a better option to start with.

Afterall, weight watchers is all about eating the food you love and still losing weight. I dont think that has changed. I think what has changed is the emphasis on choice, and informing people what filling food is.

May sound obvious to some of us, but some people really dont know what the difference between different types of food is. For most of us there will be a revelation either way.

there was a couple who did the core diet when i did ww before and they had lost almost ten stone between them. i did the core briefly and it worked for the first couple of weeks and then i found myself eating more and more. ;)

i am looking forward to going this evening. wish me luck on the scales.

Am gutted to find that online members have not even been told about the new plan, and looks like it won't be launched until the new year. Kind of stinks as I am paying the same as I would be if I went to class, yet can't get the information!

Thank the lord for minimins is all I can say ;0)

Theresa x

As an online WW member I totally agree its out of order not to publish the info to us online after all we pay same as the people who go to the meetings!

Apparently we have to wait for it to be online as Uk is not allowed to publish the info until US have updated their site!?

Anyway

Has anyone got the menu plan for the Fast Start for new Discover plan? If so any chance u could share?

Thanks
x

and there i was searching for the US site in case they had the info before us!!

as my mum would say 'Wah!'
(never actually worked out what it means but sounds 'exasperated')

Whilst I am a big WW diet fan I am not always such as fan of the organisation. However, I do have to say having read the new plan from cover to cover I think and hope that people will see that the emphasis is on choosing your foods more wisely, we've all been there that in theory you could live off junk food on WW and still lose weight but for other health benefits we should all be having 2 portions of diary, 2 portions of lean protein and 5 fruit and veg a day and I think the plan is just trying to get people on board with that, kinda falling in line with government guidelines on healthy eating, having said that its unrealistic for us not to have treats, as I find being able to have them will help me keep on track.

Anyway thats just my view on it. For my part its certainly making me look through my cookbooks for recipes that are mainly full of "filling foods" - I'm making a Vegetable Chilli tonight and I have in the slow cooker some Quorn Bolognese.

I do have to agree though, that WW are bang out of order with not posting the information online, very bad on their part - online users are just as much customers as the people walking through the doors of the meetings.

Here here Lydia, and yes it makes sense that they should push for people to make healthy food choices and filling food choices, I've never done core myself always done points so am unsure what the basic core foods are!

Do you have the menu plan that everyone's been talking about or have you just found your info from the ivillage website?

silly to withhold it to online members, as people in the US are prob googling it anyway and finding it on here!

maybe someone with a book could scan it and post it on here??

just a thought

Ive got the plan from the meeting last night but like Sandy I don't have a scanner, sorry. But I have just emailed WW who assure me that the plan will be available to onliners from tomorrow *waits with bated breath*.

I also found your link on ww and joined. I got the new plan on Mon morning and dont think it is much different. I am doing points and still snacking but I do admit the last 2 days I have had a more filling dinner than usual but am still snacking.

The new plan is on the website now (ww website that is) along with the simply filling technique which is the old core.

I have just been looking at it, i do like it, but then again i am a new ww'er, albeit a returning one!

so maybe i am still in the 'new diet' honey moon phase!! ;)
good luck all anyway! its just so nice to be eating again and be in control!!

Is it just me or does this seem like a waste of time? Were not stupid we know what makes us feel full but we also know that what we love about WW is the flexibility that u can almost eat what u want in moderation.

I think WW is losing its direction, as I said we are not imbociles we are aware what will keep us fuller longer but we enjoy choice. rant over.

Been to my meeting this morning and recieved info. Must say I quite like it, no huge changes just simplified. I like to new binders too but I am easily pleased!!

Am going to try the fast start for a week see how I go.

For any one who hasn't had theirs yet you can do your own.
it's basically 4 points for breakfast, 5 for lunch and 7 for dinner plus a milk allowance of 1 pint skimmed milk.
If you dailly points allowance is more you CAN CHOOSE (but dont have to ) to use aditional points for snacks ,puds & treats.
Of course they are pushing you towards the more 'filling foods' as they are calling them.
There are sample menus & recipes in the book or you can choose your own.
Pesronally i'm going to follow the points suggestion (4,5,7) but make up my own menus.

Good luck everyone

Back